jakc

Is my de facto partner a family member?

Im filling in 47ES for my 856 visa application, for myself (primary) and my de facto partner.

Q2 on page 1 asks

How many family members (including you) are included in this application for migration?

Does my de facto partner account for a family member?

For an employer sponsored visa, I think they should be included in the count for that question provided you want them to be included in your visa.

I'm currently filling in my 47SP for a partner visa and there is a similar question. I am not including my husband as he is an Australian citizen so he is not going to be included on my visa. Therefore, my answer is 1 (just me!). If I had a child and they needed to be on the visa then I would answer 2 (my child and I).

On that basis, if you partner doesn't have their own visa and needs to be included on yours then I think you should include them in that answer.

I'm no expert though - just my view from filling in the partner visa forms :)

22/03/2013 - Subclass 100 partner visa granted!!! 9/04/2013 - landed. Moved to Sydney 01/06/2013 and loving life :biggrin:

My gut is telling me include her.

But she is not a family member. She is my de facto partner. So logic tells me to not include her.

you clearly need to look up the definition of a DeFacto partner. If you don't consider her to be family, she's not your DeFacto partner.

a person who lives in an intimate relationshipwith but is not married to a person of the opposite sex.

Dictionary.com

Still different to family IMO.

The question is asking how many family members are included in THIS APPLICATION for migration.

If you are the only one on the application the answer is 1

if it is you and your defacto partner the answer is 2 etc etc....

How is that complicated???

apersonwholivesinanintimaterelationshipwithbutisnotmarriedtoapersonoftheoppositesex.

Dictionary.com

Still different to family IMO.

yeah, you might want to look up the DIAC definition...

Maybe ring DIAC? Ive heard they are really helpful

2012 IELTS 26/5 ANMAC 27/10 2013 LOD 14/03 AHPRA 08/05 LOE 30/05 EOI for QLD SS submitted and invited (same day) 30/05 190 Visa lodged 11/06 Medicals 29/06 CO allocated 12/7 PCC 23/7 extra docs 18/8 VISA GRANTED 23/8! Flights booked 10 Sept Brisbane bound! :jiggy:

Maybe ring DIAC? Ive heard they are really helpful

If you neede advice - you should ask a Registered Migration Agent - DIAC are not qualified to give immigration advice and and are not accountable for the bad/wrong advice that they give.