Human Resource Adviser/ Recruitment Consultant... anyone there?

Guest Jngkhlang

Guest Jngkhlang

Hi All,

I applied to Vetassess for my skills assessment and got an email confirmation that they have received my documents on the 21st of May 2012. I am sure I will not be able to make it to the 1st of July deadline and I am keeping my fingers crossed that my occupation is still on the list. Any idea if there is a chance they will complete my assessment faster? Also what are the chances for HR and Recruitment Consultants? I applied for HR Adviser. Anyone out there who's applied for the same occupation?

I am super scared:cry::cry:

Guest anoosesp4u

Hi,,

I am also in the same situation. Got my skills assessed as HR adviser. now waiting for the IELTS result. I am also not sure whether I will be able to make it before July 1st. What is the visa subclass you intend to apply?

Guest Jngkhlang
Hi,,

I am also in the same situation. Got my skills assessed as HR adviser. now waiting for the IELTS result. I am also not sure whether I will be able to make it before July 1st. What is the visa subclass you intend to apply?

Have you got your assessment results??? if yes, do share the dates when you applied and when you received the results or have you just applied? Any idea how the scene is like for our profession?

Guest Jngkhlang

3 months.. looks like I still have a long way to go. Did you get a call or something during the assessment?. Sorry for being so curious but I hope you understand :) how many years of experience do you have?

Guest anoosesp4u

Hai.. do you have any idea, whether HR Adviser will be there in the list after July 1st. If yes, what will be the changes for 176 visa. any idea??

Guest Jngkhlang

I am also keeping my fingers crossed. But I read somewhere that they have a huge shortage for this field and that they will need more. Lets hope that it will still be there. No idea about the visa charges. :(

Guest anoosesp4u
I am also keeping my fingers crossed. But I read somewhere that they have a huge shortage for this field and that they will need more. Lets hope that it will still be there. No idea about the visa charges. :(

That's alright.. Nothing wrong in being curious... :) Me too believe that it will be on the list. HR Adviser is still there on the demand list for WA, SA(Limited Availability) and NT. So I don't see a chance to get it removed from SOL Schedule 2.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jngkhlang

Hi Pradeep or anyone else there... I would like to know if I will still be eligible for SS if I do not score band 7 in all the components. Will I still be eiligible to apply with a score of 6 in all?

Here are my details

Age - 31 (30 points)

Qualification - Bachelors degree ( 15 points)

Experience - 8+ years ( 15 points)

State Sponsorship - 5 points

This makes a total of 65. With a band 7 in all I should have an additional 10 points but I am asking this just in case I do not get the required score.

Please help...I am tensed :(

Hi Pradeep or anyone else there... I would like to know if I will still be eligible for SS if I do not score band 7 in all the components. Will I still be eiligible to apply with a score of 6 in all?

Here are my details

Age - 31 (30 points)

Qualification - Bachelors degree ( 15 points)

Experience - 8+ years ( 15 points)

State Sponsorship - 5 points

This makes a total of 65. With a band 7 in all I should have an additional 10 points but I am asking this just in case I do not get the required score.

Please help...I am tensed :(

As per new rules the points threshold is now 60 effective July 1st. So points wise you may still be safe. Quick question have you completed assessment and does assessment accept all 8 years as relevant for you to claim points?

You have to make sure that you fulfill IELTS requirements stated in the state sponsorship requirements as well.

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anybody had passed the skills assessment for HR Advisor without having any HR qualifications? My husband has a degree but it is not HR related. He has been working as an HR Coordinator for 5 years but I'm not sure if this is a similar role to HR advisor and if he would pass the skills assessment?

Anybody any idea?

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anybody had passed the skills assessment for HR Advisor without having any HR qualifications? My husband has a degree but it is not HR related. He has been working as an HR Coordinator for 5 years but I'm not sure if this is a similar role to HR advisor and if he would pass the skills assessment?

Anybody any idea?

Hi, you will first need to look at the job responsibilities listed for HR advisor in the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) and figure out if they match the job responsibilities that your husband currently has as a HR coordinator in the last 5 years. If they do then you can submit the application for skills assessment. Even if qualifications aren't a match the roles and responsibilities can help with positive assessment

Hi guys,

Anybody any idea?

this is a useful link to understand what is considered in lieu of relevant qualifications

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupations/h/human-resource-adviser.htm

to understand relevant responsibilities this link will be of help

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Product+Lookup/83129EF3BCBF18E8CA2575DF002DA65A?opendocument

Guest Jngkhlang
As per new rules the points threshold is now 60 effective July 1st. So points wise you may still be safe. Quick question have you completed assessment and does assessment accept all 8 years as relevant for you to claim points?

You have to make sure that you fulfill IELTS requirements stated in the state sponsorship requirements as well.

Pradiprn,

Could you please tell me where you got that info from? Would be great if you can share the link. I read somewhere that SS for WA requires 6.5 in all which is why I asked that question in the first place. I have submitted my papers for skills assessment through an agent. Its been 5 weeks now.

Pradiprn,

Could you please tell me where you got that info from? Would be great if you can share the link. I read somewhere that SS for WA requires 6.5 in all which is why I asked that question in the first place. I have submitted my papers for skills assessment through an agent. Its been 5 weeks now.

Like I mentioned IELTS requirement for state sponsorship precedes over DIAC if it is more stringent. Therefore if WA state sponsorship requires more than 6 in IELTS then you have to make sure that you get more than 6.

As for points pass threshold being reduced you can read about it on immi.gov.au. There's also a sticky in the migration issues forum here that you access to read about it

Hello all, i am a human resources adviser with 9+ years of experience, sent my documents to vetassess on the 27th of Jan, got the response on the 4th of May.. I have a BA in business administration, however, vetassess mentioned on their response that my field of study is not strongly related to my occupation... i guess i got the approval based on my experience only...

good luck!

• 7 months later...

Hi there. In the very early stages of preparing skills assessment for HR ADVISER. Do you all have a degree? I have CIPD level 7 post-grad diploma but no degree PLUS 12 years HR experience.

The http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupations/h/human-resource-adviser.htm states..... This occupation has a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).

I am wondering what my chances are of obtaining a positive Skills Assessment. Many thanks

Hi there. In the very early stages of preparing skills assessment for HR ADVISER. Do you all have a degree? I have CIPD level 7 post-grad diploma but no degree PLUS 12 years HR experience.

The www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupations/h/human-resource-adviser.htm states..... This occupation has a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).

I am wondering what my chances are of obtaining a positive Skills Assessment. Many thanks

I'd be more concerned about whether you'd get a job at the moment, BHP, RIO, FMG are all laying off HR teams, there would be a lot of competition right now.

• 2 months later...

Dear Littkek69

I believe your years of experience will be recognised by Vetassess alongwith your qualifications in HR. By now your positive assessment must already be in your mail? I am in Perth since Jan 2013. Have had a few good interviews. Found recruitment processes for Government jobs very slow - taking almost 3 months from application to selection, however in WA it is the biggest employer. Secondly, it would be hard to get in Advisor roles as soon as you land in Australia. Primarily employers here look for a solid 5-7 years of solid industry experience within Australia (underline that) for such roles unless you are extremely lucky to have a local friend refer you. Most jobs get filled internally so it would be best if you can build a local network soon. I moved from Melbourne to Perth after finishing my Masters in HR and about 2 years of contractual jobs as a Recruitment Consultant and Generalist. Found it tough to form a network - it has taken me almost 4 months to find a few friends and a job as a Training Consultant in a Education Company here. So best be prepared with a backup for 4 - 6 months if you are moving soon to WA, SA, NT or ACT. Have a look at State Nomination Lists released in Nov 2012. I chose WA and Perth as HR Adviser shows high in demand and nomination process looks easier than for other States.

• 1 month later...

Hi all

I submitted my skills assessment to vetassess today. Imjust need to send all docs by post now. I'm a hr manager with 10years experience and level7 post grad in HR. I'm hoping this is enough for a positive result? Do I need to do ielts too and if so should I do that whilst I'm waiting for the skills result?

I was going to apply for HR manager assessment but heard its really hard criteria, has anyone got experience with this one?

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

id be really interested to know how you got on with your vetassess with the CIPD qualification? Hopefully you got a positive result!

Kez

The www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupations/h/human-resource-adviser.htm states..... This occupation has a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).

Hello to all,

I'm new to this topic.

I am considering applying as HR adviser and send my qualifications & work ex to VETASSES by Mid July. By the time assessment result comes in say 3 month's time, it will already be mid Oct 2013. On WA immigration website, it's written that new WASOL should be out by 1st Oct 2013. I'm really worried, that they may remove HR adviser from the new WA SOL starting Oct 1 2013. What do you guys think? What are the chances of HR adviser remaining on the WA SOL list for 2013-2014?

What about chances of HR adviser remaining on SA and NT SOL's...? Do these lists also get updated on 1st of July every year?

Any help or information will be very helpful.

Thanks.