Weather in Sydney and any single people emigrating alone?

hardtochase

I'm moving to Sydney in 3 weeks and I've had so many mixed messages about the weather, wondering what to pack vs. what to ship. Shipping crate is not arriving for a good six weeks after I arrive so all proper Summer stuff is going in there obviously, I am more concerned about how Wintery what I bring in my case needs to be. I've heard it's still around 20 degrees, which is warmer than here right now, but I suppose that could dramatically change in the next two months?

Also more importantly than what I'm going to wear for the next 10 weeks, are there any people moving or have moved alone to Sydney. I'm moving to take up a job as a Fashion Buyer, I know a couple of people but would love to hear tips and experiences from people in the same boat. A lot of the threads here seem to relate to families and couples.

Not sure what the official temperatures are here in Winter but I think the average daily max is around 17-18.

However that doesn't mean it's 17-18 all day - that's the highest it gets in the warmest part of the early afternoon. It could only be 18 degrees for 5 minutes -

the rest of the time it's climbing up to 18 or dropping down from 18.

You won't need a heavy coat but plenty of people wear warm jackets, scarves and boots.

I would also like to mention that it can get cold inside the houses unless you have one with heating, so warm inside clothes can be useful. Even though it is quite warm outside in the sunshine, the wind can be pretty cold at this time of year.

Can't help with the other question, sorry, I came with a family.

I'm moving to Sydney in 3 weeks and I've had so many mixed messages about the weather, wondering what to pack vs. what to ship. Shipping crate is not arriving for a good six weeks after I arrive so all proper Summer stuff is going in there obviously, I am more concerned about how Wintery what I bring in my case needs to be. I've heard it's still around 20 degrees, which is warmer than here right now, but I suppose that could dramatically change in the next two months?

Also more importantly than what I'm going to wear for the next 10 weeks, are there any people moving or have moved alone to Sydney. I'm moving to take up a job as a Fashion Buyer, I know a couple of people but would love to hear tips and experiences from people in the same boat. A lot of the threads here seem to relate to families and couples.

Plenty of people in Sydney are in winter coats, hats and gloves now, which you might find a bit excessive (I do) but you will want to have some jackets, jumpers, cardigans or whatever. I am surprised when I see the temperature charts saying it is 20 because it honestly doesn't feel like 20 at all. If I were told to guess I would probably have guessed between 10 and 15 degrees.

It is nippy in the morning but warms up a lot during the day, there is probably more of a range of temperature within a day than you would be accustomed to. Have some lighter things available as well as there is still the odd nice warm day. Make sure you have a brolley.