175 Lodged April 2012

Guest doniedsilva

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JoandRob - thank you for your reply...we've begun the uploading process...very exciting!

Half of me wants a CO as soon as poss, and the other half is saying that we're not prepared properly for that yet...I know which side is winning! :biggrin:

Good luck with meds and checks. Where are you headed to in Oz then?

Hey all,

I've arrived in Oz on a 457 vis in Feb 2011 and got my IELTS completed in October 2011 (band score of 9 across all 4 exams) and applied for my 175 visa in March 2012 using Ferguson and Cannon Immigration agent here on the Sunshine Coast. I got assigned a case officer in May 2011 and asked to go for medicals and police checks two weeks ago. Both have now been completed and I've been advised that my pre-grant letter should arrive within the next 4-5 weeks!!!! It was much quicker than the 12 months I was originally advised. No idea why but just glad its nearly done. It was worth using the agents and I have to say Ferguson and Cannon have been awesome. Good luck to everyone.

I will join the thread 'officially' in the next few days, as my Migration Agent is arranging everything to lodge my application for 175 visa.

As for the passport validity issue, all family members' passports are valid for at least 3 years, except for my older daughter's one that will expire the next March (valid for 9 months).

I asked my Migration Agent about this issue and he told me not to worry about and to renew it at a later stage.

I hope he's right, however I read somewhere that there's a form to comminunicate to DIAC about any change in passports (such as new ones, etc..).

Edited by dredg97

Guest myluckygod

My agent submitted my 175 aplication on 28th may 2012. The online status of my application still says that they need the supporting documents but I gave all my documents to the agent. Is it supposed to be this way till I get CO or is my agent lazy to upload the documents.

175 visa applied 28/06/12, HR, Civil Engineer

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/additional-information.htm Rebecca2000 this is the link, it's on the bottom:

Passport details

The passport you use should be the one you intend to use to travel to Australia if a visa is granted. This passport should be valid for at least two years.

This passport must be used to provide evidence of your identity when required as part of your application process. You and any accompanying family members on your passport will need to present this passport to the doctor when undertaking health examinations. Accompanying family members who are not on your passport will also need to provide their own passport.

You must provide certified copies, and translations where necessary, of the 'Personal Particulars' page of all your passport/s, and those of any accompanying family members. You should also include any stamps or authorisations amending passport details, such as passport validity extensions.

If you, or any family member, do not currently hold a passport, or need to renew a passport, please do so before lodging your application so the certified copies of the relevant pages can be included in your application.

Thanks a lot for the link and the post. Seen that. Also spoke to couple of agents. Based on various inputs including the one from the DIAC helpdesk (very different ones though) my conclusion is that the 2 years is a "good to have" recommendation. Any valid passport (on the date of lodging application) is good to go.

As dredg mentioned, you need to inform DIAC as and when any new passport is obtained.

My agent submitted my 175 aplication on 28th may 2012. The online status of my application still says that they need the supporting documents but I gave all my documents to the agent. Is it supposed to be this way till I get CO or is my agent lazy to upload the documents.

175 visa applied 28/06/12, HR, Civil Engineer

I am about to have my 175 application submitted by my agent so when it is done i will let you know what mine says. Almost there! ....just medicals, background checks etc etc to go! ;)

I am about to have my 175 application submitted by my agent so when it is done i will let you know what mine says. Almost there! ....just medicals, background checks etc etc to go! ;)

I'm exactly in the same position, can't wait for my agent to lodge the application!

Never been happy in my life to pay thousands of euro... ;)

hi guys

i have finally done it. I have pressed the $2960 magic button. It's like a wait off my shoulders. Time to wait and save up some pennies now.

Good luck everybody!

Daz

come over and join us in june 175 thread..

RECRUITING IN JUNE 175 THREAD...BIT LONELY OVER THERE!! hA!

I SUBMITTED 15-6-12 AND ON ALREADY I HAVE TO GET MEDICALS AND XRAY AND PENAL CERTS...IS THIS RIGHT...

ALL THIS TOLD ON THE MESSAGE BOX ON DOCUMENT CHECK LIST.

NO MENTION OF A FORM 80 AT ALL??

MY HEAD IS SPINNING AS SO DEPENDING ON THE 12-18 WAIT!!! COULD IT BE SOCIAL WORK?

Hey all, I'm new to this with this being my first post!! I just lodged my 175 visa last night after much pain acquiring all documents i needed. I've included a time line below of my progress so far. There seems to be loads of support for 176 visa applicants but not for us 175's... good idea to try and get us all sharing our expereinces!! Anyway from scouring this site it looks like it takes approx 6 months for a CO to be assigned, this sounds about right as i spoke with a migration expert the other day who advised that 175 visa's are being fully processed around the 9 month time scale. I'm guessing then police checks and medicals take 3 months ish! I did see a post on this that someone had been allocated a CO in just 1 month (apr 2012, CO may 2012) after applying for a 175 but judging by the reply comments this is v.v.v.rare!! Where is everyone planning on going? I've got family in Queensland so if all goes well, me and my OH will be heading there!! Also wondering what documents everyone attached to application. I've detailed mines below with some added info in case anyone is reading this and havent lodged yet..

online application completed and attached...

Form 1276

Form 80's (me and OH)

Form 1193

certified copies of my qualifications

certified copy of ielts cert

certfied copy of my skills assessment

certified copy of council tax bill, joint car insurance and 12 month bank statement re. proof of address and defacto relationship

certified copies of birth certificates and passports

2 passport pics (me and OH)

Proof of employment for last 12 months (certified offer of employment letter and p45, 3 copies of electronic payslips). I just changed job in Jan.

certified copy of my current professional registration

I'm a bit worried that my payslips couldnt be certified. I had asked my employer to email me 3 payslips with the hope the solicitor would be happy to look at my emails and print offs and certify. Due to email not being secure he wouldnt do it. Anyway for anyone thats interested i found a solicitor who certified all my documents for £45 plus vat... he said i got a bargain tho as that price usually relates to a small amount of documents whereas they didnt check my amount and i had about 50 pages to be certified. 34 page (12 month) bank statement being ridiculously long!! Talking about bank statements, i'm hoping DIAC wont qeury my payslips as they'll be able to see they match amounts on my statement!! Who knows eh?!!

An important thing to highlight I think is to make sure you have 2 years left on your passport from when you apply!! I nearly missed it and it was my OH that noticed.. i thought as long as both our passports had 6 months on them it would be fine. Thankfully we had time to get an appointment at passport office and stumped up extra money to get OH's passport within a day. We go to Oz next week for a holiday so didnt want to chance any delay just sending it off. Theres just SO many things to cover i thought!!

Anyways it was a FAB feeling getting it lodged, i had a difficult time with getting my IELTS. I sat an academic on the 31/3/12 and got 8 out of 9 for everything apart from 7 out of 9 for my writing. I was so nervous sitting it as i felt so much rested on it!! Couldnt get booked on to another test in scotland in April and had to fly to London to retake it... we were also v.conscious that we would be in Oz for a month before the visa requirements change on the 1st July 2012!! We could have applied for a temp visa if i didnt get ielts but OH is in the Police and he needs permanent residence to apply to Police in Oz... i felt the pressure was on for me. Oh and luckily i realised that i didnt need to resit the academic ielts before booking my London test!!! DOH!! lol.

Hope this info helps, PIO has helped me LOADS so far!!!

Looking forward to hearing a bit more about everyones applications/plans/huddling :-) and hopefully more people joining this thread!!!

GOOD LUCK!! Fingers crossed we'll be getting CO this winter!!! Woooo!

IELTS 31/3/12 & 21/4/12 (L8.5, R9, W8.5, S9, Overall 9) positive skills assessment received 3/4/12 (had applied start of feb), 175 visa application lodged 18/5/12.

Hi .....I have just (about an hour ago) lodged a 175 online Visa application and am yet to upload attachments. Just off to get payslips and employment contract certified. They didn't request form80...is this usual? I have filled one in anyway but haven't scanned it in. I wasn't going to upload it unless asked...what do you reckon? Am i right in thinking I have 28days to upload all documents requested on document checklist?

Thanks

Murta, I have the same message boxes for medicals and PCCs. But you, me and everybody else are supposed to get a CO /case officer/ assigned. And he is the one who should ask for medicals and PCCs. If you want to upload them now that's fine with me. If your CO asks you to do them again just do. As I understand the problem comes from the limited time the medicals and PCCs are valid. I'm currently waiting my PCC from the USA, where I lived from 2002-2004, even though I don't have a CO allocated. I didn't upload form 80 and so on, I'm waiting the CO to tell me to do so. My application is lodged on 30-05-2012 and I'm waiting. I don't worry for any documents, I'm just waiting for the CO to tell me what he/she needs. I uploaded all the necessary information for points, age, etc. All the other documents like medicals, PCCs, form 80 don't get the points, so we wait to be told to do so by the CO. I'm sure everything is going to be fine, so just stay calm and wait. If you feel everything is fine with your application you have nothing to worry about. My country is High Risk /Bulgaria/ so I'm expecting my CO in August-September, i think yours is coming July-August. Good luck.

Hi everyone,

Glad I found a 175 thread, as the majority seem to be goin for 176. We have an agent working on our behalf and our application was submitted on 11th June. The reason we decided to go with the 175 was the timescale that we were told, we decided this would give us more time to save etc. It now seems that they are being processed pretty quick, in some cases 4 month from application to grant. Now that all the hard work is done I am glad they are going quick, as I have managed to secure a job on the oil rigs and am planning to go over about 3 month before my wife and kids to set us up with schools and house etc. I currently work on the rigs in the UK , but my wife isnt too keen on me working away from home once we move, so my plan is start off on the oil rigs then on my leave I will find a good job at home or even on the mines as I believe this will be a 7on 7off rota rather than 2/2, and it would make it easier for my wife as I'm sure she would be fine for a week on her own.

Anyway thats my plans, and we are currently waiting to be assigned a CO, so as soon as my status changes, I will let yous know. Could someone tell me what "being changed to pink means". Fingers crossed all your applications go through quickly, and for myself too of course.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Polshy83,

we are almost on the same boat (I too have wife and babies and work in the oil&gas).

I'm thinking about working on rotational basis in Oz in the beginning, but we will see....

Starting from September I'll be offshore in Tunisia on 28 days on and 28 days off rotation...meantime I hope to get a CO soon.

Good luck to us all!!!

Guest jaycris

Also on 175... submitted on May... have my CO now... submitting my PCC tomorrow while waiting for that other one from Singapore (they told me they will be sending it to Au) not too sure about it though. I might just wait for them to acknowledge that they have received it and ask them if they will be sending it on my behalf.

What's a form 80? I was only asked to submit two things as soon as I got my CO, my police clearances and a clearer copy of my IELTS result. not sure what other documents you guys are talking about...

Guest melanie79

hi guys! decided to join you on this thread! 175 submitted at the end of june- just in the nick of time! thanks rachaelmo for the link to this thread! what area in nursing are you and where do you plan to go? i am toying with the idea of the gold coast, but i dont know anyone there, so was thinking maybe sydney (old hospital where i worked & know some old work colleagues) or maybe melbourne where i have a friend. im also thinking of just getting a campervan when i first arrive and just going off in that, do a bit of agency work as i go & when i find a place i like along the east coast, then thinking of staying on for longer! (well thats just a daydream i keep having!!!) just wanted to thank everyone here on pio too for all the advice/info ive got/read in the last 6 months-its been invaluable! mel x

Also on 175... submitted on May... have my CO now... submitting my PCC tomorrow while waiting for that other one from Singapore (they told me they will be sending it to Au) not too sure about it though. I might just wait for them to acknowledge that they have received it and ask them if they will be sending it on my behalf.

What's a form 80? I was only asked to submit two things as soon as I got my CO, my police clearances and a clearer copy of my IELTS result. not sure what other documents you guys are talking about...

Jay ,

It depends on your CO , if they need more information from you they will ask you to submit the Form 80.

Cheers and best of luck on the grant.

hi guys! decided to join you on this thread! 175 submitted at the end of june- just in the nick of time! thanks rachaelmo for the link to this thread! what area in nursing are you and where do you plan to go? i am toying with the idea of the gold coast, but i dont know anyone there, so was thinking maybe sydney (old hospital where i worked & know some old work colleagues) or maybe melbourne where i have a friend. im also thinking of just getting a campervan when i first arrive and just going off in that, do a bit of agency work as i go & when i find a place i like along the east coast, then thinking of staying on for longer! (well thats just a daydream i keep having!!!) just wanted to thank everyone here on pio too for all the advice/info ive got/read in the last 6 months-its been invaluable! mel x

Hi mel. I'm in primary care in uk but going to be doing community nursing in oz, quite fancy a nice change! We're heading to south brisbane. You're plans sound very interesting!

It's all gone worryingly quite!.....has anyone recently had a co appointed?

Seems to have slowed a bit for all visa types. Even though all old apps lodged will be processed as before I do think 1) the huge influx of apps before the skills select and 2) skills select itself have slowed things down a bit.

well done you! You can also keep your eye on the PIO 175 June 2012 thread too....http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/153197-pios-175-lodged-june-2012-a.html

Guest hemangag

hi all..first post on PIO but have been reading up for quite a while..loads of helpful info on here so thought I'll do my bit to shed some light on how the application is progressing..

[TABLE=width: 381]

[TR]

[TD]ACS application[/TD]

[TD=align: right][/TD]

[TD=align: right]Feb-12[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]ACS result[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]IELTS exam[/TD]

[TD=align: right]Mar-12[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]IELTS result[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]GSM 175 online application[/TD]

[TD=align: right]Apr-12[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CO assigned[/TD]

[TD=align: right]Jun-12[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Medicals undertaken[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]PCC applications[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Medicals uploaded[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

tbh I'm surprised that we got a reply from a Case Officer so soon considering the allocation dates on the DIAC website seem to indicate that they are only processing applications from January 2012..not complaining though :)

we are still waiting for the PCCs to arrive and hopefully that will be the end of whatever's required from our end..although not sure how long after that a visa decision will be made by the DIAC, just hoping that since the CO has already asked for medicals, PCCs etc that means the rest of our application is in order...

fingers crossed!

hi all..first post on PIO but have been reading up for quite a while..loads of helpful info on here so thought I'll do my bit to shed some light on how the application is progressing..

[TABLE=width: 381]

[TR]

[TD]ACS application[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]ACS result[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]IELTS exam[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]IELTS result[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]GSM 175 online application[/TD]

[TD=align: right]Apr-12[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CO assigned[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Medicals undertaken[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]PCC applications[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Medicals uploaded[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

tbh I'm surprised that we got a reply from a Case Officer so soon considering the allocation dates on the DIAC website seem to indicate that they are only processing applications from January 2012..not complaining though :)

we are still waiting for the PCCs to arrive and hopefully that will be the end of whatever's required from our end..although not sure how long after that a visa decision will be made by the DIAC, just hoping that since the CO has already asked for medicals, PCCs etc that means the rest of our application is in order...

fingers crossed!

Hi!

Welcome to the thread! What date in May did you submit your application and what date in June did you get a CO?