175 Lodged April 2012

Guest doniedsilva

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jimmy! We (me and my husband) lodged our application for a 175 on 3rd May. I'm a teacher too - and we're in NW England near to Manchester. There don't seem to be many teachers who have recently appplied so it's difficult to gauge how long processing is at the moment for our profession. Let us know when you are allocated a CO...

Hi Jimmy! We (me and my husband) lodged our application for a 175 on 3rd May. I'm a teacher too - and we're in NW England near to Manchester. There don't seem to be many teachers who have recently appplied so it's difficult to gauge how long processing is at the moment for our profession. Let us know when you are allocated a CO...

Will do- it will be interesting to see if other professions get alloctaed sooner. All the best!

An important thing to highlight I think is to make sure you have 2 years left on your passport from when you apply!! I nearly missed it and it was my OH that noticed.. i thought as long as both our passports had 6 months on them it would be fine.

Hi Donna,

Can you throw some light on why the 2 years? I was under the impression of 6 months till I read this....

cheers

I really will like to hear from any other experienced person what is the requirement of passport validity. As far as I could find on the immi.gov.au website, it said 6 months. I called the DIAC helpline and was told that 1 weeks validity at the time of application is also fine:confused::confused:

I have read in PIO how others have been misguided by the immi helpdesk and I think this is one of the same. Any input will be appreciated.

It says 2 years on the website, I think it was in a checklist for paper based application. So if you can just make a new one and than lodge your application. Usually there is faster way to get your passport for 3-5 days for some extra charge, it depends on the country where you live. I don't believe the expiration date on your passport will be a problem with your application.

Hi All,

Hoping to join the 175 submitted group in the next couple of weeks, just waiting on skills assessment from CPA. Just have a quick question about the online application process - do I need to photocopy my originals, get them certified & then upload or can I just scan the originals & upload without certification?

Congrats to all that have managed to lodge before the 1st July deadline!!

Hi All,

Hoping to join the 175 submitted group in the next couple of weeks, just waiting on skills assessment from CPA. Just have a quick question about the online application process - do I need to photocopy my originals, get them certified & then upload or can I just scan the originals & upload without certification?

Congrats to all that have managed to lodge before the 1st July deadline!!

I gave you the answer to this in your previous thread! http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/152708-submitting-175-app-any-last-tips-please.html

In the letter we received from our CO it stated

GSM Adelaide accepts scanned copies. If possible, please provide colour scanned copies of

original documents. If you are unable to colour scan documents, please ensure that the documents

you scan are certified copies. If you send us a scan of the original document, we can accept PDF,

JPEG, TIFF or BMP file formats, although we prefer that it be in PDF format.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/further-information.htm

Edited by lebourvellec
attach

Sorry, I did see that bit, just was not sure if it was a definitive answer because you mentioned GSM Adelaide. Are they the same as DIAC? Appreciate your patience.

General Skilled Migration applicantions are processed in Adelaide.

You can of course get them certified if you wish but it will save you money if you have lots of documents to upload.

Edited by lebourvellec

We have been allocated a CO and asked to go for health checks! Submitted application on 3rd May... Looks like it's getting quicker and quicker... Scary but exciting! :biggrin: Does anyone know how long you have to enter Australia once the visa has been granted?

Edited by JoandRob

Thanks Ang! We completed the form 80 at the time of submitting the application as we knew we would be asked for it at a later date. It's just medicals and police checks now! The e-mail from the CO asks for a response within 28 days. Do you know if this means the results have to be returned within this time or if we just have to respond to him within this time?

Hi Sammy! We uploaded scanned copies of the form 80 and form 1221 too (even though they are very similar). We had read about people being asked for both of these so thought we may aswell send them both off at the start. You don't need to get police checks until you are told to by your case officer. Very exciting but a bit of a shock that things are moving so quickly... :shocked:

JoandRob i think ideally they like everything to be back & uploaded within 28 days. The police checks take either 2 days (express service £70) OR 7-10 days (£35) which doesn't include postage days. We've got our medicals on Saturday which will take 7-10 days to process as the drs that do them apparently don't look at the results till the following saturday - didn't realise that when i booked it so just going to email copies of appointment letters to CO to prove they have been booked and the results won't be far off the 28 day limit anyway. Others have said that's ok - fingers crossed it will be....

It says 2 years on the website, I think it was in a checklist for paper based application. So if you can just make a new one and than lodge your application. Usually there is faster way to get your passport for 3-5 days for some extra charge, it depends on the country where you live. I don't believe the expiration date on your passport will be a problem with your application.

Hi Phillip. Thanks for the post. I have been looking for webpage on DIAC site which talks about the 2 years. I have found a few places mentioning 6 months but I believe different sections/pages of DIAC may give different or at time contradictory information. Hence, want to be doubly sure. Will you mind sharing the link to the page which says 2 years?

Getting a new passport in the next few days is some more expense and an additional stress when there is so much to do before the 1st July deadline and hence unless absolutely mandatory, will like to avoid. Thats all.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Sammy! We uploaded scanned copies of the form 80 and form 1221 too (even though they are very similar). We had read about people being asked for both of these so thought we may aswell send them both off at the start. You don't need to get police checks until you are told to by your case officer. Very exciting but a bit of a shock that things are moving so quickly... :shocked:

Do you have to fill these forms out & scan them if you apply online? I would have thought they would make it part of the online form?

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/additional-information.htm Rebecca2000 this is the link, it's on the bottom:

[h=2]Passport details[/h]The passport you use should be the one you intend to use to travel to Australia if a visa is granted. This passport should be valid for at least two years.

This passport must be used to provide evidence of your identity when required as part of your application process. You and any accompanying family members on your passport will need to present this passport to the doctor when undertaking health examinations. Accompanying family members who are not on your passport will also need to provide their own passport.

You must provide certified copies, and translations where necessary, of the 'Personal Particulars' page of all your passport/s, and those of any accompanying family members. You should also include any stamps or authorisations amending passport details, such as passport validity extensions.

If you, or any family member, do not currently hold a passport, or need to renew a passport, please do so before lodging your application so the certified copies of the relevant pages can be included in your application.

I've seen a message regarding this on here before, but I can't find a solution.

I'd like to upload evidence of our de facto relationship, but when I click on the link provided in our document checklist, I get a 'link broken' message.

...I'm not sure what to do here...any suggestions would be most welcome.

Also...is it possible please to have a definitive answer...are we required to certify colour copies of documents? Even brith certificates/passports etc...

I can't help with the question about uploading evidence of your defacto relationship but can say you definitely don't need to certify any colour copies of documents you upload. It does say it on the DIAC website but it's really well hidden. Also, I noticed you only submitted your application yesterday... don't know how long you're expecting it to take but just in case you are thinking it may take months; we submitted ours on 3rd May and have a CO already. We have been instructed to undergo medicals and police checks within the next 28 days. It came as a bit of a shock so be prepared...

Good Luck!

Jo and Rob ( Manchester)