visa applic...cert copies if scanning them in???

Guest tracy hunt

Guest tracy hunt

Sorry, I'm not very PC worldly!!!! My brother-in-law has said he will scan all our documents through his computer so that we can apply on line. My question is.... do you scan the originals through and not get them certified as true copies?? It sounds a silly question, but want to get everything right. Thanks in advance.

Tracyxx

Sorry, I'm not very PC worldly!!!! My brother-in-law has said he will scan all our documents through his computer so that we can apply on line. My question is.... do you scan the originals through and not get them certified as true copies?? It sounds a silly question, but want to get everything right. Thanks in advance.

Tracyxx

Hi Tracy,

I did not apply this way myself but I would imagine you would scan the copies, take those to gets authenticated with say a solicitor's signature and stamp, take them to your brother-in -law and scan them again and electronically send those? seems right to me.

Alan.:wacko:

Guest chrissy63

Hi Tracey

if you go to page 13 on the migration issues threads there is a post by tough spiders regarding similar issue. We applied on line and followed advice on this post. As long as the scanner is a colour scanner you have to scan in original documents and send without certification. There is also an idiots guide on here regarding attaching documents which explains how to reduce the size of docs.

Good Luck

Thanks

Chris

Just to confirm what others have said. if you scan in colour then they don't need to be certified. If you are scanning in black and white then the documents must be certified first and then the certified copies would need to be scanned in. Helpfully they don't tell you this detail until you've got your applicaiton in !

Good luck.

Archived