Any nice bars on the Sunshine Coast i should buy / rent a house near?

Danny&Em

Any nice bars on the Sunshine Coast i should buy / rent a house near?:biggrin:

Kinda only joking about this being my priortiy [the buying & renting part].,., but might need a blow-out every now and then with `few` schooners.... any nice watering holes found? I dont mind buying the first round when downunder.

Outdoory - with chilled ambieance.. The kind you get keep saying.,., just one more.. friendly of course.... dont mind the loud stuff.,., but my dancing shoes have worn out.

i like the old school bozers that are cosy also. I`ll try them all.... I just spotted more Cafe / Coffee bars than the ones that stock a good old pint!

The Blue Bar at Alex might be one of your best bets.

Ha.,., your kidding me.,., we stayed at the Breakfree Beach resort oppo the Alex Surf Club.,., we always seem to walk the other way.... [why ?],.,,. Nice Pizza place thoon route `Capones`!!! got a take out during the recent tail end of the cyclone! [March 2012] Looks good tho!.,., are there any that dont face a road.,., Any where you can just chillaxe and take in the view of the Sea and do a good bit of people watching (for the wifey of course)

Ha.,., your kidding me.,., we stayed at the Breakfree Beach resort oppo the Alex Surf Club.,., we always seem to walk the other way.... [why ?],.,,. Nice Pizza place thoon route `Capones`!!! got a take out during the recent tail end of the cyclone! [March 2012] Looks good tho!.,., are there any that dont face a road.,., Any where you can just chillaxe and take in the view of the Sea and do a good bit of people watching (for the wifey of course)

It's over six years since I have lived on the coast. The Blue Bar was certainly popular with more than one of the modest social circles that I joined. Having said that, unless I'm misinterpreting your post, it's not too good these days. Wouldn't one of the surf clubs be the best if you're looking for 'surf side'?

It's over six years since I have lived on the coast. The Blue Bar was certainly popular with more than one of the modest social circles that I joined. Having said that, unless I'm misinterpreting your post, it's not too good these days. Wouldn't one of the surf clubs be the best if you're looking for 'surf side'?

Yeah. misintrepreted.,., i refered to the `your kidding me` as I was only down the road and never spotted it! Small worlds and all that.... Next time i will try it no doubt.,., it looks good... Surf Clubs are great .,., but all seem indoor.,., which is good as you should be careful in the sun.,., but sometimes you cant beat a cold beer sat in the sun! (after a decent pie of course!)

Yeah. misintrepreted.,., i refered to the `your kidding me` as I was only down the road and never spotted it! Small worlds and all that.... Next time i will try it no doubt.,., it looks good... Surf Clubs are great .,., but all seem indoor.,., which is good as you should be careful in the sun.,., but sometimes you cant beat a cold beer sat in the sun! (after a decent pie of course!)

Oh, thanks for clearing that up. It was probably me being a little bit dumb. I think that some surf clubs might have outdoor areas but I can't say that with certainty. Not that it fits the criteria properly but the Pig 'n' Whistle isn't bad especially if you fancy something British or Irish. It's at Sunshine Plaza. O'Malley's at Mooloolaba was always popular but it's an indoor venue.

Guest Buzz18

For a nice afternoon drink, people watching and looking out to the Ocean - try The Boat Shed at Cotton Tree

Good in the evenings too but you just cant see the Ocean:smile:

For a nice afternoon drink, people watching and looking out to the Ocean - try The Boat Shed at Cotton Tree

Good in the evenings too but you just cant see the Ocean:smile:

Cool.... Will give it a whirl ... Heard good thing about Cotten tree. Thanks folks.... D