Wales v Australia rugby union in June - anyone going?

Daffod1lly

Just wondered .... On the off-chance .... Is anyone here planning on going to this at the Suncorp? I can't wait!! I have all my welsh gear (sad but true) and am raring to go .... We haven't come across many other Welshies here - but I think the OH is hoping there'll be a fair few of us cheering on Wales, probably so that I won't be the only one with a blow up daffodil :laugh:

We're going to the Sydney one. My little boy (6) can't wait...though is still deciding whether to cheer for Wales or Australia!

My son is a bit the same! He considers himself English (born in England!) but has well and truly embraced the Australian way of life ... So it's a tough call for him too!

Ps ... If u want one of those attractive daffodil hat things, let me know - my auntie posted it to me specially for the game. Now I am Welsh through and through .... But I draw a line to what I will do for my home country :laugh:

Wow....didn't even know it was on. Going to google it now. Would be awesome to go!!!

Not sure where you are but I don't think the tickets are on public sale for the Brissy game until 22nd May. We managed to get ours on Pre-sale as we are Queensland Reds members..

Bore da butty. Yep, we're going to all three Tests. It will be our first trip to Brisbane (we're living in Sydney but originally from Newport) - hope you don't bite up there !!! Dragging along an english couple who we're friendly with. Must try and teach them the anthem ...lol. Excellent news - there'll be at least 4 of us Taffs in the stadium. Can you recommend any good bars nearby Suncorp? Cymru am Byth ....

We got our tickets because our son plays Jr Rugby Union and they released those tickets v early. We also got Wallabies-All Blacks tickets for August. From what I'm reading on the BBC, Wales may not be at full strength in the coming weeks. Thanks for the offer, but think we might pass on the inflatable daffs!

Bore da butty. Yep, we're going to all three Tests. It will be our first trip to Brisbane (we're living in Sydney but originally from Newport) - hope you don't bite up there !!! Dragging along an english couple who we're friendly with. Must try and teach them the anthem ...lol. Excellent news - there'll be at least 4 of us Taffs in the stadium. Can you recommend any good bars nearby Suncorp? Cymru am Byth ....

Newport eh?! Not sure I'd advertise the fact :laugh:. Can't talk though .... As I'm originally a Pooler girl! Hubby's from Caerleon!

Loads of places to have a few beers before the game .... in Caxton street - just a stones throw From the stadium, it's where everyone hangs out beforehand.

Ps ... If u want one of those attractive daffodil hat things, let me know - my auntie posted it to me specially for the game. Now I am Welsh through and through .... But I draw a line to what I will do for my home country :laugh:

I cannot believe that you are contemplating not sporting Auntie m's hat .........I'll tell her :tongue:

Don't dis the 'Port, bra! John Foss Square's the place to be - you knows it!

:twitcy: No comment!

I cannot believe that you are contemplating not sporting Auntie m's hat .........I'll tell her :tongue:

Now you are supposed to be my mate .... surely you wouldn't snitch?? :wideeyed:

Where can you buy the tickets? Quite fancy the one Melbourne.

Can't help with the Melbourne one, but for ours in Brissy, the stadium had all the info and then the tickets were going through Ticketek..

Pontypool !!! .... My wife went to school there, she's from Cwmbran and we've spent many a happy evening in Caerleon pub-crawling.... The Ship, Hanbury Arms, Drovers, White Hart etc. Ooh, takes me back a bit, nearly getting homesick....lol. How long you been in Oz? Thanks for the tip on Caxton St -

Guest rooneycymru

I'm going to the Melbourne game on 16th June... hoping to meet up with a few welsh locals.... what pubs will everyone be going to...?

Im also new to Oz... been here 5 weeks (Wife is Australian)

I'm going to the Melbourne game on 16th June... hoping to meet up with a few welsh locals.... what pubs will everyone be going to...?

Im also new to Oz... been here 5 weeks (Wife is Australian)

First time to Melbourne for us so if anyone can make some suggestions as to pubs to meet up in it would be great....

.... exactly.... Newport has many redeeming features .... just a shame I can't think of any at the moment ....lol

Did you never watch the newport version of the new York song by Jay z and alecia keys ? Made me want to visit!

Pontypool !!! .... My wife went to school there, she's from Cwmbran and we've spent many a happy evening in Caerleon pub-crawling.... The Ship, Hanbury Arms, Drovers, White Hart etc. Ooh, takes me back a bit, nearly getting homesick....lol. How long you been in Oz? Thanks for the tip on Caxton St -

Worked in The Bull for a good few years and spent many a happy weekend pub-crawling in Caerleon too...... think everyone did :laugh:! Needless to say I didn't pub crawl in Pontypool!! We've been in Brissy for two years and love it here.

Did you never watch the newport version of the new York song by Jay z and alecia keys ? Made me want to visit!

Funnily enough, was gonna post it here a few posts back ... But figured most people have seen it by now. Sooo good!

Sorry to sound clueless but where's it being played? I'd love to go, but we're in Canberra. Also, with all this LAFHA nonsense we might actually be watching it from some St Mays Street boozer :rolleyes:

Wales are playing the Brumbies in Canberra in between two of the Tests...Tuesday June 12th 7.30 .

The way the Brumbies are going it should be a good open game and pretty high scoring...I hope Wales play a few of their good players.

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=BRUMWALE12#.T79EX7AjHak