AHPRA 'In principle' in 16 days!! :)

Hi Laura,

You have given me hope, thanks! Can I ask, how did you present your CPD for APHRA? Did you get it notarised etc? I too am a Mental Health Nurse, Melbourne bound if I can get through all the firey hoops.

Guest aoneill
Hey Maruska, Its nice to hear from you :) I sent it to Adelaide, I posted it from the UK on the 25th and it took a week to get there so really it took them 8 days!! Have you sent yours yet?? Anything I can do just let me know xxx

Hi all,

got email form case officer this am, saying that because I had to send further documents,that's why my application is still ongoing. I can't repeat i can said in reply to that lol. They are really pissing me off now, i have some of these now 3 times to Ahpra, talk about wearing you down. the day i get my in principle letter. I will be drunk for a week to celebrate, i kid you not. xxxx

Guest aoneill

What offices are processing so quick?. I sent time to Sydney, posted it last Sept 2011 and still here I am. Disgusted at ahpra totally. So people don't sent to Sydney due to the large volume of aplliciants applying, that what's i've been told. My reply to that is, you took my fee, i want my reg. Simple as.Chins up everybody, don't let them wear you down. xxxx

Hi,

After reports from others, I expected mine to take 6 months minimum so applied early and mine only took 3 weeks as well, had the biggest shock. Like you, I didn't want to go within the year, I actually emailed the APHRA office and explained the situation that I had been offered a job but didn;'t expect to go until a certain date and they extended my eligibility letter by 3 months and sent me a new letter. Tracey

Hey Traceyd,

Thanks for this info I have emailed them and they have offered me an extention until August 2013 so thats great news. xx

16 days. u gota be 5hitting me........................ things like this never happen to me. best of luck to you

Hey Gordon, Thank you. I know, I have seen some of your posts :( I cant believe the lack of consitency with applications getting processed. Fingers crossed it gets done soon. xx

I sent mine to Adelaide as that was where I wanted to go, couldn't get a job there though so now off to Sydney, they said I can go into any of their offices.

Traceyd, Are you a RMN? I have managed to find work in Sydney, Perth, Darwin and Alice Springs then, when i found out i had to go SS to SA I could not find ANY jobs..... xx

Hi Laura,

You have given me hope, thanks! Can I ask, how did you present your CPD for APHRA? Did you get it notarised etc? I too am a Mental Health Nurse, Melbourne bound if I can get through all the firey hoops.

Hey Gaynor,

Im going to post the list of everything I sent now and for a copy of my CPD, if you PM me your email I can send it to you?? xx

I have had many people ask what I sent on my application so here we go.........

To whom it may concern,

Please find enclosed my AHPRA application for 'registered nurse'.

Enclosed are the following documents:

• AHPRA application form (Signed by myself)

• Statement of service and job description of my current role (Signed by my service manager)

• Curriculum Vitae written according to AHPRA guidelines (Signed by myself, my service manager and David John Lloyd Lee, Notary Public)

• Evidence of continuous professional development (Signed by myself, my service manager and David John Lloyd Lee, Notary Public)

• Original course transcripts and recorded outcomes of meetings by the Leeds Metropolitan University including a letter to show that I was taught and assessed in English whilst studying (Signed and stamped by Simon Madley, Course administrator for Mental Health Nursing and David John Lloyd Lee, Notary Public)

• Copy of certificate of marriage (Certified by David John Lloyd Lee, Notary Public)

• Certified copy of certificate of birth (Certified by David John Lloyd Lee, Notary Public)

• Copy of passport (Certified by David John Lloyd Lee, Notary Public, including a statement of 'true likeness' for the photograph)

• Copy of Level 1 Numeracy City and Guilds certificate (Certified by David John Lloyd Lee, Notary Public)

• Copy of Level 2 Numeracy City and Guilds certificate (Certified by David John Lloyd Lee, Notary Public)

• Copy of degree certificate for Bsc Hons Nursing-Mental Health (Certified by David John Lloyd Lee, Notary Public)

• I have requested for my IELTS examination results to be sent directly from the Harrogate Language Academy to the AHPRA office in Adelaide

• I have arranged for my original certificates from the NMC in the UK to be sent directly to AHPRA office in Adelaide

I hope that this information is sufficient to process my application. I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Kind Regards,

Laura Coldwell.

This is literally all I sent to AHPRA, along with this covering letter. I paid £150 for my notary public (anyone in my area, I am happy to provide his name and number as he was cheap and fantastic) and sent my application by post office track and trace for £13.00. I did not include GCSE's or A-levels, which was a worry due to lost certificates. If anyone would like to see an "AHPRA acceptable" CV, university transcripts or CPD evidence just PM me your email address and ill send it over. I have also attached a copy of the AHPRA guidelines for CV format.

Standard-Format-for-Curriculum-Vitae.pdf

Standard-Format-for-Curriculum-Vitae.pdf

• 10 years later...

Good afternoon!

Guys,

I received "In Principal Approval letter" three days back from Aphra for provisional registration, my question is can I apply for visa with this letter now? is it possible to obtain visa for Australia? since I am residing and working in Qatar, 

Kindly advise me, I need to give them confirmation with in three days. 

Regards,

Muneef

On 16/06/2022 at 13:21, Mondi said:

Good afternoon!

Guys,

I received "In Principal Approval letter" three days back from Aphra for provisional registration, my question is can I apply for visa with this letter now? is it possible to obtain visa for Australia? since I am residing and working in Qatar, 

Kindly advise me, I need to give them confirmation with in three days. 

Regards,

Muneef

What's your profession?  AHPRA is the registration body, it does not do skills assessments to satisfy the visa requirements