AHPRA 'In principle' in 16 days!! :)

This is NOT a joke, I can not even believe it. So I posted my AHPRA application on 25/4/12 thinking it would take ages and be the most stressful part of the process......

I logged onto my email today to find an email from AHPRA. Before I open it i think to myself "god, what have I missed off"....Instead I find "THE ASSESSMENT IS NOW COMPLETE, AND YOU ARE CONSIDERED ELIGABLE FOR REGISTRATION AS A MENTAL HEALTH NURSE IN AUSTRALIA"

All I have to do is present at the AHPRA office within 12 months and get my registration. I can NOT believe it has taken 16 days from posting the application for getting my 'in principle'!! I actually dont know what I am going to do, I didnt expect it to take this amount of time and Im not apply for my visa until September!!

(on the side of this, my husband and I will not be ready to go until June/July next year and I am wondering if anyone can advise me what would happen if I went to AHPRA to get my registration and then left to come back to the UK until we were ready to go over, kind of like visa validation?)

Despite my little dilemma I am SO pleased!!! Oh and I got a firm job offer yesterday too, in writing!!

It seems like things are coming together, I just hope that the rest of my application goes smoothly!

Good luck to everyone applying and If i can offer any advice of help I will do :) xxxx

Congratulations:wubclub:, can`t believe that either:biggrin:. Did you send yours to Adelaide? Sorry I can`t advise you about the extension, don`t have a clue:nah:.

Good luck and may everything be as smooth as AHPRA !

Hey Maruska, Its nice to hear from you :) I sent it to Adelaide, I posted it from the UK on the 25th and it took a week to get there so really it took them 8 days!! Have you sent yours yet?? Anything I can do just let me know xxx

Thats brilliant! well done u! I got a very quick reply from adelaide office, unfortunately part of applicaiton was wrong. So have sent it again today and have got my fingers crossed! could i ask you-for the identity requirements did u just send a copy of your passport and a marrigae certificate (if ur married)?

This is NOT a joke, I can not even believe it. So I posted my AHPRA application on 25/4/12 thinking it would take ages and be the most stressful part of the process......

I logged onto my email today to find an email from AHPRA. Before I open it i think to myself "god, what have I missed off"....Instead I find "THE ASSESSMENT IS NOW COMPLETE, AND YOU ARE CONSIDERED ELIGABLE FOR REGISTRATION AS A MENTAL HEALTH NURSE IN AUSTRALIA"

All I have to do is present at the AHPRA office within 12 months and get my registration. I can NOT believe it has taken 16 days from posting the application for getting my 'in principle'!! I actually dont know what I am going to do, I didnt expect it to take this amount of time and Im not apply for my visa until September!!

(on the side of this, my husband and I will not be ready to go until June/July next year and I am wondering if anyone can advise me what would happen if I went to AHPRA to get my registration and then left to come back to the UK until we were ready to go over, kind of like visa validation?)

Despite my little dilemma I am SO pleased!!! Oh and I got a firm job offer yesterday too, in writing!!

It seems like things are coming together, I just hope that the rest of my application goes smoothly!

Good luck to everyone applying and If i can offer any advice of help I will do :) xxxx

congratulations can I ask you exactly what info you had to send I want to make sure I've got everything right before I send mine (I think I will send mine to Adelaide seeing how quick they are)

thanks Sue

Hi guys, just wanted to add to this thread, i to sent my things to AHPRA IN Adelaide, at start of april and had my reg through in 4 weeks.. v v fast indeed so my advice send it here or Cairns/Darwin offices as they seem to process far quicker..

Good Luck everyone. :wink:

Hi Laura, thats fantastic news...I too sent mine to Adelaide and it took less than 4 weeks to get confirmation of registration...well done on securing a job..where are you going?..I am a mental health nurse and just starting the process of applying for a job, did you go through a recruitment company or apply directly to hospitals?

Guest aoneill

:em3600:[i'm so happy for u. well done. Adelaide is processing very quick. wish Sydney office would get their fingers out. xxlol.QUOTE=lauracoldwell;1935815919]This is NOT a joke, I can not even believe it. So I posted my AHPRA application on 25/4/12 thinking it would take ages and be the most stressful part of the process......

Hey Maruska, Its nice to hear from you :) I sent it to Adelaide, I posted it from the UK on the 25th and it took a week to get there so really it took them 8 days!! Have you sent yours yet?? Anything I can do just let me know xxx

You remember me that`s nice:wubclub:

. No I didn`t send mine yet, waiting on (hopefully ) positive assessment so we can lodge the visa, our target is of course the July 1st deadline:wink:

.It`s 175 or 176 so we will have plenty of time to apply to AHPRA when our visa is processed.

You remember me that`s nice:wubclub:

. No I didn`t send mine yet, waiting on (hopefully ) positive assessment so we can lodge the visa, our target is of course the July 1st deadline:wink:

.It`s 175 or 176 so we will have plenty of time to apply to AHPRA when our visa is processed.

:wubclub:

Ooo good luck for your ANMAC, I hope you get it through soon, when did you send it?? If you go 176 where will you be heading for SS?? Good idea to get your visa first. I cant apply for ours until September 10th exactly so I thought I would get all the bits out of the way first. I now only have 12 months to present at AHPRA though so I hope that I get my visa quick....

Keep me posted about your visa I am excited to hear, maybe I can even have a glass of champagne for you to celebrate :jiggy:any excuse eh!!........

xxx

congratulations can I ask you exactly what info you had to send I want to make sure I've got everything right before I send mine (I think I will send mine to Adelaide seeing how quick they are)

thanks Sue

Hey Sue,

course you can, anything I can do to help. If you PM me your email I will forward the covering letter I sent to AHPRA which included what I sent and who it was signed by.

xx

Thats brilliant! well done u! I got a very quick reply from adelaide office, unfortunately part of applicaiton was wrong. So have sent it again today and have got my fingers crossed! could i ask you-for the identity requirements did u just send a copy of your passport and a marrigae certificate (if ur married)?

Hey Helent113,

I sent my birth certificate, marriage certificate and passport copies. I hope yours goes through quickly too. The only complaint is that they have taken the payment twice and it was off my dads credit card :( So i hope its easy to get it refunded. xx

Hi Laura, thats fantastic news...I too sent mine to Adelaide and it took less than 4 weeks to get confirmation of registration...well done on securing a job..where are you going?..I am a mental health nurse and just starting the process of applying for a job, did you go through a recruitment company or apply directly to hospitals?

Thanks deb and alec........Well before the changes I was going to Darwin or Brisbane but i am a 65 pointer :( so it may take ages to get picked from the 175 pool SO I think we are Adelaide bound (the only place I have found it hard to get a job) My job is in Darwin but they said they will hold it open for a min of 24 months so I am sure that they would add another year on so I can do my 2 year commitment in Adelaide...

So as I am really cheeky, I googled MH units in whichever city I fancied and emailed till i got the unit manager and then just applied to them :) Where are you headed?? Maybe I can give you a name or send you my email list?? xx

Guest mamo

Hi Laura

Nice to hear you have you registration now. lm also in the process of trying to gather all my documentation. Is it possible for you to tell me all thats required, especially on certifying documents. All the notary ppublic l have contacted are charging 300 pounds.

thanks

Hi Laura

Nice to hear you have you registration now. lm also in the process of trying to gather all my documentation. Is it possible for you to tell me all thats required, especially on certifying documents. All the notary ppublic l have contacted are charging 300 pounds.

thanks

I've been reserching prices for notaries - they seem to all charge quite huge amounts of money :sad:

I've been quoted between £180 and £300 with one company saying that they charge £25 per document. My youngest DD has a friend who has just had hers done and who only charged £100 so am going to be giving them a ring on Monday.

Hi Laura

thanks

Hey Mamo,

Thank you :) and £300 WWWHHHAATTT!! I paid £120. Ill stick the info on now xx

Hie

l also used justice of peace l had more than 20 documents. You have to ring your local magistrate courts and explain what you need doing they will then give you an appointment. When l got there l was so surprised as l had to go in the court and swear in front of the team that they are my true documents l guess it will be the same everywhere. l paid £25 for the lot. They want your papers organised like your original copy at the top and the photocopies below. If you have any questions dont hesitate to ask.

Magasela

Hi,

After reports from others, I expected mine to take 6 months minimum so applied early and mine only took 3 weeks as well, had the biggest shock. Like you, I didn't want to go within the year, I actually emailed the APHRA office and explained the situation that I had been offered a job but didn;'t expect to go until a certain date and they extended my eligibility letter by 3 months and sent me a new letter. Tracey

Hi,

After reports from others, I expected mine to take 6 months minimum so applied early and mine only took 3 weeks as well, had the biggest shock. Like you, I didn't want to go within the year, I actually emailed the APHRA office and explained the situation that I had been offered a job but didn;'t expect to go until a certain date and they extended my eligibility letter by 3 months and sent me a new letter. Tracey

Congratulations!! Where did you send yours Tracey?