Defacto Onto A 457 Visa In Australia!!! clueless!!

tommyc868

Hi Guys,

Ive been fortunate enough to have been given a job in australia on a 2 yr 457 visa in Sydney, ive been here for about 3 weeks now the problem i have is originally i had trouble gettin the visa (due to a careless immigration worker) so when i reapplied i did it jus for me and not my girlfriend as we were advised it would be simplier to do out in Australia. so here we are i have a 457 and am working and my girlfriend is on a tourist visa we have been togther for 2 and a half years but havnt lived together because we met travelling where do i start about gettin her onto my visa??

can it be done here in australia? i have applied for a NSW relationship certificate its gonna take four weeks to come but in the mean time i need to know what visa we should apply for!!

any help on this would be great as were really stressin over it!!

thanks

I don't really understand what you mean by a careless immigration worker meant you had to apply for just your visa and not your girlfriends. If you have never lived together it doesn't sound like she would qualify anyway. The defacto rules are not as strict for temporary visas but it still does not mean that it is possible to bring girlfriends and boyfriends.

I would take your time, build up some living together and only then look to add her.

Why doesnt your girlfriend apply for a WHV (assuming she qualifies) - that way you can both work and then you can be building up time towards your partner's visa? You never know she may also find an employer to sponsor her.

Hi thanks, i applied orignally and the immi-advisor just out right refused it and we could see no reason why when did it again it was accepted anyways thats a whole other issue, my girlfriend has had a WHV already thats how we met back in 2009 travelling and have pretty much been travelling ever since so we havent been living together as such we spent loads of time in hostels together and done evrythin together since 2009 its just we didnt know this aussie thing would happen therefore didnt have joint accounts or have a stable place to live!

she is now with me here on a tourist visa and we now both have a joint account a lease on a shared-house room in both our names.

I basically just need to know which visa to look into for her! and just pursue as much information as possible we cant build up the living together evidence/bank accounts before shes only on a 6 month tourist the only way to do this i can see would be for her to become a student and stay here this way!

Thanks for your responses

The best thing you could do is get advice from a Registered migration agent as from your posts it is not very clear, what is happening with your situation and who said no etc. Was it your CO at DIAC that refused to grant with your G/F??

Has your employer stated that they will also sponsor your g/f as secondary applicant?

Once you relationship has been registered this usually lifts the 12 month defacto requirement for Partner visas - but you will still need to prove evidence of genuine relationship.

ahh thank you, sorry if im confusing the issue (very tired lol)

my g/f hasnt been refused at all we havent yet tried for her,

my employer is happy to put her on as a secondary applicant, we have applied

for the registration certificate should be coming at the end of may, we are genuine and have hundreds of photos of our trips

and birthday cards, receipts from our travels together ect just not the 2 things they ask of although now we do have a joint account and living arrangements because we are now looking to settle having been given this amazing opportunity in australia!

I think i may visit the registry office again and enquire for more information. thank you for your response!