Sick to death of this rain

Conniebygaslight

This rain is driving me mad...(as I'm sure it is everyone), just as the sun comes out it goes in again.

The amount of people that have said 'bet you wish you hadn't come back now'......

Whilst this rain is dreadful....I simply wouldn't give up the choices that the UK has to offer along with everthing else to live in the sun, to me that seems completely crazy.

Still loving it folks....just wish someone would turn the tap off!!

I wouldn't be too worried...it's been pouring with rain here in OZ for hwat seems like forever. Used to be you could pretty much guarantee that it would be sunny on the weekend, with the odd raining one but now it more like reserved, just assume it will rain and if you get some sun....well bonus!!!

I wouldn't be too worried...it's been pouring with rain here in OZ for hwat seems like forever. Used to be you could pretty much guarantee that it would be sunny on the weekend, with the odd raining one but now it more like reserved, just assume it will rain and if you get some sun....well bonus!!!

seriously ....if its raining almost continually in the uk and its late spring( no pom weather jokes please) .......raining in texas and shouldnt be ......and raining in oz .......hmmm ?

Guest Gavhippy

Can't understand these posts, you wanted to move to oz, didn't enjoy it as it wasnt for you so you decide to compare all good about home and the negative views that you have about the place that you spent ages trying to get to - Dreaming of what life could be like. Not your cup of tea, ok, get back,

let go and move on, 2/3 of people making the big move love it and build a successful and great life.

its like there is an inbuilt regret, why post on here? move on and post on Brits in Brits site!

Of course your opinion counts but why do you still post here, enjoy home and move on.

Ive lived in Africa for ten years, and worked in America, Hungary, Germany, Ireland, Scotland, England, and travelled a lot of Europe, enjoyed all they had to offer all different but extraordinary in the experiences you get.

Everywhere is different relax and enjoy what they have to offer, I don't have a negative word to say about the wonderful experience of culture travel and new experience anywhere in the world all different all wonderful

Be happy where you are!!!!!!!!!!

Can't understand these posts, you wanted to move to oz, didn't enjoy it as it wasnt for you so you decide to compare all good about home and the negative views that you have about the place that you spent ages trying to get to - Dreaming of what life could be like. Not your cup of tea, ok, get back,

let go and move on, 2/3 of people making the big move love it and build a successful and great life.

its like there is an inbuilt regret, why post on here? move on and post on Brits in Brits site!

Of course your opinion counts but why do you still post here, enjoy home and move on.

Ive lived in Africa for ten years, and worked in America, Hungary, Germany, Ireland, Scotland, England, and travelled a lot of Europe, enjoyed all they had to offer all different but extraordinary in the experiences you get.

Everywhere is different relax and enjoy what they have to offer, I don't have a negative word to say about the wonderful experience of culture travel and new experience anywhere in the world all different all wonderful

Your new here aint ya, don't worry mate you will soon get the hang of it.

Guest Gavhippy

Fairly new, but still wish people would show a higher level of respect for a country they worked hard to get to, because it didn't light your fire is not a reason to be down on it.

africa for me was unique in so many ways but that's why I loved it, no castles or trip to europes but don't get me started on the love I had for the beautiful culture, country, and continent and what it had to offer me and my family.

i might start posting on Brits to Africa, Spain, Hungary, Germany, etc etc etc, na I can't be arxxx....

New but realistic with culture experience and getting a life

Love you perthbum

Fairly new, but still wish people would show a higher level of respect for a country they worked hard to get to, because it didn't light your fire is not a reason to be down on it.

africa for me was unique in so many ways but that's why I loved it, no castles or trip to europes but don't get me started on the love I had for the beautiful culture, country, and continent and what it had to offer me and my family.

i might start posting on Brits to Africa, Spain, Hungary, Germany, etc etc etc, na I can't be arxxx....

New but realistic with culture experience and getting a life

Love you perthbum

Hey remember hillbrow jo,berg before Mandela took over, it was a buzzin fantastic place and now it is the murder capital f the world....so my dad tells me.

One of my friends in aus has just posted pictures of his day at the beach in guilderton today. Whilst my first thought was envy, I stopped and thought, you just can't have everything. I count the good things I have here and now. I know the sun will be out next weekend and like all us Brits , will make the very most of it.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I don't know about being sick to death of the rain, but i'm really fed up with how bloody cold it is, played golf again today and it was freezing, six months in to this year and we are still in winter. Surely we will get a bit of nice sunny weather, ...... Surely?

I don't know about being sick to death of the rain, but i'm really fed up with how bloody cold it is, played golf again today and it was freezing, six months in to this year and we are still in winter. Surely we will get a bit of nice sunny weather, ...... Surely?

Don't bank on it. It's been nice and cold up North so I'm well prepared for a Melbourne winter. It's about 10 deg warmer there.

Have I missed something

Not that I am picky but Oz does have many of these things

Which city to go to within a 10, 20, 30 + mile radius, which theatre when the gig you want to see is going to be touring the country.

I get that in Melbourne

Which country pub you will stop off at when you are driving anywhere.

True, you have to look hard for them in Oz

Which other country you want to go to when you have a limit of say flying 8 hours or 3.

Limited to New Zealand

Which completely different place you can drive to for a long weekend

Daylsford, Ocean Grove, Ballarat, Rye, there is variety in Oz too

Which phone company to use out of hundreds, same for utilities.

True

What quality TV programme to watch.

Honestly think Aussie tv gets the best of everything - Oz, US and UK tellie (no Eastenders but that's not a bad thing :D )

Which museum, theme park, Zoo, castle, to go to on a day out with the kids and be able to return within the same day.

Melbourne Zoo, Werribee Zoo are excellent. Fun fields, Melbourne Museum, Scienceworks are great. No castles granted.

Which West End show to go se e for a birthday treat and which station to get to train to London

Theatre is alive and thriving in Oz. Comedy festivals, kids festivals, aquarium, circus Oz etc. Just as good as London.

Which clothes shop to go to and which branch.

True, limited choice in Oz for quality clothes. Has to be FCUK.

Which quality supermarket to go to that opens all day when you run out of anything even medicine for the kids.

Always get medicine from shopping mall store, no problem.

The choice to do the building work ourselves on our own house

We had a new house buit, wasn't hard to change things around ourselves, put decking in etc.

My opinion

Edited by jasepom