Sick to death of this rain

Conniebygaslight

This rain is driving me mad...(as I'm sure it is everyone), just as the sun comes out it goes in again.

The amount of people that have said 'bet you wish you hadn't come back now'......

Whilst this rain is dreadful....I simply wouldn't give up the choices that the UK has to offer along with everthing else to live in the sun, to me that seems completely crazy.

Still loving it folks....just wish someone would turn the tap off!!

Go On, give us the choices then.

Which city to go to within a 10, 20, 30 + mile radius, which theatre when the gig you want to see is going to be touring the country.

Which country pub you will stop off at when you are driving anywhere.

Which other country you want to go to when you have a limit of say flying 8 hours or 3.

Which completely different place you can drive to for a long weekend

Which phone company to use out of hundreds, same for utilities.

What quality TV programme to watch.

Which museum, theme park, Zoo, castle, to go to on a day out with the kids and be able to return within the same day.

Which West End show to go see for a birthday treat and which station to get to train to London

Which clothes shop to go to and which branch.

Which quality supermarket to go to that opens all day when you run out of anything even medicine for the kids.

The choice to do the building work ourselves on our own house

My opinion

This rain is driving me mad...(as I'm sure it is everyone), just as the sun comes out it goes in again.

The amount of people that have said 'bet you wish you hadn't come back now'......

Whilst this rain is dreadful....I simply wouldn't give up the choices that the UK has to offer along with everthing else to live in the sun, to me that seems completely crazy.

I don't enjoy the rain like this but don't wish for it to stop as such. We are in drought (2 very dry winters have brought this on) and even with a decent rainfall over the rest of the year many reservoirs are not going to be back to full till December. This sort of torrential rain doesn't really help resolve that as much of it washes away and doesn't end up where it is needed.

And many crops are stuffed with this sort of rain so I fully expect certain food stuffs to increase in price again later in the year. Knock on effects and all that.

There is talk of standpipes being brought out next year if we don't get the rainfall we need in the UK to refill reservoirs and so on over the coming year. Last time those were used was 1976 and I do remember it. Simple uses of water were a bit of a luxury during that summer and I dread to think how the UK would cope in this day and age.

Hey its the UK, what do you expect....look on the bright side, it cleans up the dog sh*t and keeps the hoodies off the streets.

Guest HighlanderHeather

But you can't beat that stunning shade of green in the trees and grass which comes with all the rain, nor the smell of the forest afterwards...

Edited by HighlanderHeather
words missing

I don't enjoy the rain like this but don't wish for it to stop as such. We are in drought (2 very dry winters have brought this on) ....

We have just had two very wet summers on the east coast of Australia due to a strong two year La Nina weather pattern. I wonder if the same La Nina is related to your two dry winters? If so the talk is the La Nina is finally over so maybe things will be back to normal next year?

So am I, so with you on that! We've got the opposite cabin fever from too much sun! Interestingly alot of people have said it is very unsual for this time of year. Still least there are lots of indoor things/places to go.

Edited by Sunshine111

I mean actually physically build it yourself...not contract it out to a builder.

That's what I meant too..................yes you can physically "owner build" your own house (depending on the state you might have to do a short course first) :wink:

We certainly intend to do just that, not going to put up with shoddy developer quality !:no:

Hi Connie, got to agree, last summer I thought was great, started early and stayed relatively warm and dry for a long time. This wet has gone on too long. Having said that I was coming home from London on the train yesterday and saw the Thames in Maidenhead and it couldn't have looked more beautiful. Low mist, willows hanging and a rower on the still water. Wish I had a camera and could have captured it - made me appreciate the variety.

LOL, that's just what my husband said when he went back to Canberra in February!!! He had high hopes of whipping the garden into shape and doing a load of stuff on the house but the rain kept him pinned down inside. I never mind the rain - maybe in a few years I will but I can still remember the relentless rainlessness of the drought in Canberra and dont want to go through that again either. Meanwhile, on with the mac and out with the brolly LOL

Google PIERS CORBIN ........weather expert .....he reckons our recent weather is all to do with the suns activity not Global Warming .....check it out

Google PIERS CORBIN ........weather expert .....he reckons our recent weather is all to do with the suns activity not Global Warming .....check it out

Yup he's an odd looking chap but seems to be largely correct in his prognostications.

That's what I meant too..................yes you can physically "owner build" your own house (depending on the state you might have to do a short course first) :wink:

We certainly intend to do just that, not going to put up with shoddy developer quality !:no:

Sure you've checked it all out but it was permit central for Qld...not sure about Perth...(mind you, you can't keep pet rabbits in Qld either-and they have roadsigns warning you of the fine!?)