ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest stevehalloz

Training partner(s) wanted - North Sydney, Leichhardt or CBD

Guest stevehalloz

Hi,

Once upon a time I was young & fit and ran marathons and had friends (Aussies) I ran with.

Now I'm less young (60 to be precise), have various injuries that restrict me to a couple of kilometers on a treadmill (at the moment) and my running mates have moved away or given up.

I still train regularly - swimming in summer, weights and cycling in winter and some running - but the lure of my warm bed early in the morning in winter means I often don't exercise as much as I'd like to.

It would be great to have one or more training partners to motivate me (i.e. get me up early) and help each other - better still if they were Poms so we could talk about intellectual things like football, pubs and beer.

Age and sex are irrelevent, but it would be good if we had similar levels of fitness and some goals to aim at. Mine are to run 7km again in a reasonable time (say 32 minutes), to do the Sydney to Woolongong bike ride in November, do lots of ocean swims next season (but I don't swim until September because I'm too much of a wimp to swim when it's cold outside) and lose some of the 18 kilos I've put on since my last marathon (in 1987, so not exactly recent).

I train before work in the mornings and live in Leichhardt, work in North Sydney and I'm a member of North Sydney pool/gym so the inner west, CBD or North Sydney are convenient locations.

Personal info; work as a consultant, (i.e. irregularly), been here 32 years, born Hartlepool, support Swindon Town as well as Hartlepool United (I go for the glamour clubs), been back to the UK lots on business & hols, happily married.

And yes, it can be hard to make friends here - I still find I have more in common (particularly humour) with Poms.

Cheers,

Steve Hall