fleabo

Thought I'd start a thread just in case! :wink:

Oooh you rotten so and so. I had just gotten over the excitement of getting up this morn and seeing it at $1.60 when I saw your thread. Tempting As it's moving in the right direction, can you start one called "$1.70 here we come please"!

Oooh you rotten so and so. I had just gotten over the excitement of getting up this morn and seeing it at $1.60 when I saw your thread. Tempting As it's moving in the right direction, can you start one called "$1.70 here we come please"!

Hey Supa - I thought there was already a 1.7 thread? That's for the folk thinking long term!:wink:

Put it this way - I think tomorrow I will be starting the '1.62' thread, unless someone gets in there before me...

I would keep my powder dry if I was you. Just think, this week, the value of our pounds are being controlled by a bunch of lazy-arsed Greek politicians...I say to them, "Stay in bed. Don't get up and make any difficult decisions today. Have some more Metaxa and Ouzo, go for a swim, don't forget the siesta."

Not sure why the mess in Greece is been given for the reason of the dollar decline. I would have thought that the pound and our trading with europe would have weekend the pound the same if not more than the dollar.

I think the dollar has fallen a bit is due to commodity prices and china. AND there isnt exactly good news coming out of Oz, not really bad news but nothing great.

I suppose the pound is seen as a bit of safe haven in Europe. 1.8 - oh how I wish. That would make setting up in Oz a lot easier.

Not sure why the mess in Greece is been given for the reason of the dollar decline. I would have thought that the pound and our trading with europe would have weekend the pound the same if not more than the dollar.

I think it's not so much what the pound is doing, but that because of the uncertainty in Europe, people become more risk averse and so sell the riskier currencies like the aussie dollar and so as it becomes less attractive our rate goes up relative to it.

But I'm just an interested observer waiting for the rate to shoot up and so that could be complete nonsense.

Cheers

Ross

your right 1.8 would be great.We got 1.8 3 years ago and still had to return home due to not having enough money to acheive what we wanted.I think unless you have a job to walk into and a house to set up in you would need at least 2.2 to have a standard of living you are expecting.The cost of the land and houses is just too expensive.

I think it's not so much what the pound is doing, but that because of the uncertainty in Europe, people become more risk averse and so sell the riskier currencies like the aussie dollar and so as it becomes less attractive our rate goes up relative to it.

But I'm just an interested observer waiting for the rate to shoot up and so that could be complete nonsense.

Cheers

Ross