AHPRA May 2012 Applications....

Hello fellow nurses and midwives I am hoping that someone will be able to heeeeeeeellllllp meeeeeee!! Despite reading the AHPRA horror stories I was hopeful that mine would go smoothly .... I was wrong. My application arrived at NSW office on 8/05/12 and I have had an email requesting further evidence. They want a statement of service which I already sent but they haven't said what was wrong with it. As I am RM and RN they want a breakdown of how many nursing hours I have done in the last 5 years. I am employed as a midwife and have been for 12 years, I have maintained my RN with the NMC through the nursing that I do as part of my role. I do things that RM can not do such as caring for HDU pt with Art line or CVP line, wound assessment and management, post op care. so my question is ...... How do I prove this??? :0)

Hi Mrs Moose

I had the same drama with my professional reference and below is the criteria which they sent me. Hope it helps!

Professional Reference Letter - A current nursing/midwifery professional reference from a senior nurse/midwife with a supervisory role in relation to your nursing/midwifery employment. The reference should be on official employer letterhead, dated and signed and contain the following information:

- dates of employment.

- attest to your safe and competent practice as a nurse/midwife

- state the level/grade of position.

- indicate whether your employment is/was full time or part time.

- state the duties and scope of the role.

- indicate the practice setting.

- state whether you work/ed in a supervised or unsupervised capacity.

- detail the experience gained in the role e.g clinical, education, research, management.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AHPRA acknowledged receipt of my application in Darwin on May17th.... and I received my letter of registration via email today May 29th! My advice is send it to Darwin you get a repsonse as soon as its received and quick replies on any questions you have with a named person - Cant fault them! Approved in 12 days!! :)

Guest Lisa26
AHPRA acknowledged receipt of my application in Darwin on May17th.... and I received my letter of registration via email today May 29th! My advice is send it to Darwin you get a repsonse as soon as its received and quick replies on any questions you have with a named person - Cant fault them! Approved in 12 days!! :)

Wow!!! That's incredible!!! Good luck with the next phase. Mine's been posted to Melbourne....starting to wish I'd throught about other offices first now!!! :)

Guest aoneill

Hi all,

I sent a email to obudsman this am as I was on night duty, received a email asking me to detail events which I did. Within an hour got email confirming my eligilabity letter. I am in shock, after all this time. So people, if you don't get anywhere fast lodge a formal complaint about AHPRA. It worked for me. xxxxxx

Hi all,

I sent a email to obudsman this am as I was on night duty, received a email asking me to detail events which I did. Within an hour got email confirming my eligilabity letter. I am in shock, after all this time. So people, if you don't get anywhere fast lodge a formal complaint about AHPRA. It worked for me. xxxxxx

Delighted for you!!! Glad it's all over now.........:jiggy:

Hi all,

Fantastic news :jiggy:

So pleased that it is finally sorted out and that you can continue with your plans and dreams :smile:

Will be watching for you getting your registration helent113, as we sent ours to Adelaide as well :smile:

...and I'll be keeping an eye out for you both as I sent mine to Adelaide too. Best of luck everyone... here's to a quick turnaround :biggrin:

Guest Kayleigh88

Hey! wicked thread! Posted my application to Perth last thursday (24/05/2012) SO EXCITED! :) sure that will wear off when I have to wait 3 years for a reply! Shall i contact the NMC for verification now? Kayleigh X

Guest Kayleigh88

also does anybody know all the forms of contact for the perth office? I know their POBOX mailing address obviously and I know that there is a phone number available but dont fancy ringing that from Northamptonshire on my landline! Do they have an email? X

I was advised to use Darwin or Adelaide to send application, It doesn't matter which office processes it you don't have to work in that state from what I was told Melbourne and Perth are the busiest and you can wait months for even someone to look at it let alone process it! xx

Guest Kayleigh88

oh......:em4600: I spent ages on my application getting it ready and spent loads of money with notaries etc.......I dont wanna have to go through all that again! Anyone got anything good to say about Perth to cheer me up?! Feel a mental breakdown coming on! X

Hi Kayleigh

Perth has been quite good of late so don't despair. Apart from the Sydney office, which does seem to be totally swamped and unable to cope, all the others aren't doing too badly :smile:

Contact the NMC and get them to send out the form for you to fill in so that they will then be able to send your certificate of verification to AHPRA - http://www.nmc-uk.org/Registration/Planning-to-work-outside-the-UK/Planning-to-work-outside-of-Europe/ You will need to spend out more money as this costs £34 :rolleyes:

AHPRA contact details are by letter to their offices, by telephone to the offices or by online query form - http://www.ahpra.gov.au/About-AHPRA/Contact-Us.aspx

Good luck with your application and don't forget to post updates :smile:

Guest sisch

They are legally bound, I believe, to process your application within 90 days. That's what I've been told when they expired my application without informing me. I was contemplating a formal complaint when they gave me an additional 30 days to complete all outstanding requirements :), after asking to speak to a supervisor!

Guest Penelopepitstop

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of compiling all my certificates and letters from HR and line managers...very usefull thread as my nightmare is just starting......I am getting a spouse visa 457 through my husbands sponsoring govt based company in WA .....they want him over there for August!!! I may go at the same time or a bit later depending on house selling.....am thinking maybe it might be better to present myself (with an appointment) at AHPRA Perth when we get there with all me stuff!

Have applied to uni for overseas transcript (£60!!) to be sent to AHPRA perth and NMC verification also. We didnt know this was happening till a month ago!! Hubster got head hunted and its all happened in the space of six weeks with firm job offer last week!!!

EEK!!! Munchos amore for your posts

Penny x

Good luck with all of that Penny - sounds like you are going to be very busy :rolleyes:

I know that there are others who have done their application once in Oz, attending the AHPRA office with their original documents. Just make sure that before you leave home (UK?) you do have all of your paperwork as it will obviously be much harder to obtain once you are in Oz - if nothing else you will have time delays because of the post etc. Just check and check and check lol!

Hope your move goes smoothly and you are soon posting on here from Down Under :smile:

Sent mine 15 April to Perth additional docs requested and sent. Eligibility for registration email received 31.05.12. Yipeee so excited x

Hi Sunbeam, Congrats on you letter, seemed very quick. Can I ask how long did it take initially for them to contact you, and take payment. I also sent mine to Perth 14th May, but still waiting recognition that they received application. I had all docs sent over from ANMAC, so don't know if that will confuse them, emailed them last week also, no reply as yet.

Just payment taken would be enough to say yes it's here:err: Thanks Shelly

Hi shelly23

Here is a breakdown of my experience

Beginning ofApril posted application

April 16 email received confirmation of receipt of application but problem with accepting payment from my card

April 19 after providing different card details I received email confirming payment successful also another email requesting Nmc certificate of good standing (which I had already done I contacted Nmc and they confirmed it had been recently sent)

They also requested two references and statuary declaration that I was taught in English as did not accept what I had sent

May 17 I emailed to request extension as had not had one of my refs returned until 3 may and was concerned with bank holiday post etc it might not make the may 19 deadline

Received email to say had been granted extension

May 31 eligible!

I would check your statement to see if the money has been taken. Either way I would send them a polite email daily requesting confirmation of receipt of application. I had several email exchanges always had a response within a couple of days. If you don't hear pm me and I will give you the contact details of who I dealt with.

Hope this helps and best of luck x

It's good to hear people are getting their registrations without too much delay! Congrats and good luck to you all! I was just wondering when people sent their applications to APHRA did you send them standard air mail or tracked/signed for?