AHPRA May 2012 Applications....

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone! Though I would join this discussion as I have recently sent my application to APHRA. Given the other discussions I'm not expecting this to be easy or quick, especially since all registration renewals are due by end of May!

I sent my application to Perth on 12.5.12 I've not heard anything yet but i know it was received on 21.5.12 as I sent it Airsure, so have been able to track where it was!

I was kinda hoping to have things sorted by October so I could go once i finish my uni course, but I won't hold my breath! Fingers crossed for you all!

hi

I am just applying to AHPRA following my visa grant. I think I have every thing together I just want to confirm that I am sending the correct payment. Is it $220 (assessment fee) + $160.00 (application fee) + $160 (registration fee) ??

:eek:

Guest Lisa26

Hi guys,

First post for me too. Seems like it's a common concern trying to work out when our applications will actually become registrations!

I sent mine off to Melbourne on 18.5.12 (even though I'm hoping to work in Sydney- I was told by an agent that Melbourne is processing quicker at the moment) and haven't received any confirmation although it looks like they've taken payment which sounds like good news!

I'll keep you posted on the progress...

One thing is bugging me that I've seen in this forum; A couple of you have mentioned a CPD printout that you've sent. I didn't send anything formal for that, I just included it in my CV and my boss has written a bit in her personal statement.... Do you think this is enough or will they be asking me for more?? Just wondering cuz if it's something that'll take a while to arrange maybe I should prepare myself now and get it ready for when they ask me for it?? Any ideas folks??

:)

Hi guys,

First post for me too. Seems like it's a common concern trying to work out when our applications will actually become registrations!

I sent mine off to Melbourne on 18.5.12 (even though I'm hoping to work in Sydney- I was told by an agent that Melbourne is processing quicker at the moment) and haven't received any confirmation although it looks like they've taken payment which sounds like good news!

I'll keep you posted on the progress...

One thing is bugging me that I've seen in this forum; A couple of you have mentioned a CPD printout that you've sent. I didn't send anything formal for that, I just included it in my CV and my boss has written a bit in her personal statement.... Do you think this is enough or will they be asking me for more?? Just wondering cuz if it's something that'll take a while to arrange maybe I should prepare myself now and get it ready for when they ask me for it?? Any ideas folks??

:)

Lisa I didn't include it in mine, I did provide certified copies of all my CPD over the last year as there was more than sufficient to meet even APHRA requirements. :biggrin:

Basically anything that is being sent to AHPRA that is not an original needs to be certified. This includes identity documents such as birth and marriage certificates, passport; university transcript; educational certificates; any certificates that you may be submitting in support of your CPD; NMC statement of entry, current registration cerificate. Any statutory declaration that you may have to make has to be signed by the notary/ JP. Statement of service letters and CV do not need to be certified as you have to send the originals to AHPRA.

Prices for getting documents certified by a notary can be horrendous - I've been checking on that too, my quotes varied from £25 per document to a total cost of between £200-£300. Another POI member advised me to get a JP to do it so I have contacted my local magistrates court today and the price quoted is approx £25 - and that is for all the documents to be certified, a much better price. I have to book an appointment, turn up at that time at the specified magistrates court and the documents will be certified for me, usually done by one of the JPs before a court sitting begins apparently.

I have been using the same solicitor for certifying documents - she originally quoted £5 per document. I have now been to see her so many times the last time I got at least 10 documents certified for a total of £10. So its worth shopping around. :biggrin:

Hi Jambos

If you're getting things certified for AHPRA and are outside of Oz, they will only accept notary publics or Justice of the Peace. You need to check that your solicitor is a notary if you're using them.

After trying to book a slot at the magistrates' court, and being told by another official that it would in fact be £25 per document, I managed to find a notary in central London who runs an offer for doctors and nurses, certifying all documents for a total of £60 + VAT. He was fantastic, and did all the documents for both me and my daughter. We were in his office for nearly two hours and paid the set fee - total £144 :smile:

Guest Lisa26
Lisa I didn't include it in mine, I did provide certified copies of all my CPD over the last year as there was more than sufficient to meet even APHRA requirements. :biggrin:

Thanks GilraenH. Can I ask you for an example of the CPD that you had provided? I didn't provide any extras. I had a certified copy of a Postgraduate degree I've achieved. Is this enough or should I get more together? Are you eligible yet?

I have RSCN/RGN, orthopaedic nursing course, RHV and Bsc Hons Community Nursing over 25 years. I included certs for mandatory training over past year, IHI SQE (safety quality and experience course), refresher courses, conflict management, and so on. Yes I am now eligible.

Don't fret over what maybe, wait and they can ask if they need it. :biggrin:

Hi guys, I have asked this previously, so sorry if you have already seen me ask this. I do not have a job in Australia, and infant I intend to do agency work for the first while when out there. I probably aim to be in Sydney to work, but do I have to send my application to Sydney?

I emailed ahpra, and their response was "you can submit your application to any state or territory in which you intend to practice"

So what If I apply to Sydney, and decide to go to somewhere different? Will I have to do something further? I also know by reading posts that to apply to Sydney takes far longer than anywhere else.

Thanks Liz.

Hi guys, I have asked this previously, so sorry if you have already seen me ask this. I do not have a job in Australia, and infant I intend to do agency work for the first while when out there. I probably aim to be in Sydney to work, but do I have to send my application to Sydney?

I emailed ahpra, and their response was "you can submit your application to any state or territory in which you intend to practice"

So what If I apply to Sydney, and decide to go to somewhere different? Will I have to do something further? I also know by reading posts that to apply to Sydney takes far longer than anywhere else.

Thanks Liz.

Send it to Adelaide if you are not sure. It seems to be the quickest at the moment. One person got their eligibility letter 16 days after posting her application form to Adelaide.

Oh also, I have done a cv as per aphras guidelines, but no where does it say I have to send two references with it it just asks for details of two references. Anyone shed any light on this?

Again thanks

Liz

You just put in names and contact details. They didn't ask for any references that I was made aware of, and I asked my referrees too.

Good luck! :biggrin:

Guest MrsMoose

Hello fellow nurses and midwives I am hoping that someone will be able to heeeeeeeellllllp meeeeeee!! Despite reading the AHPRA horror stories I was hopeful that mine would go smoothly .... I was wrong. My application arrived at NSW office on 8/05/12 and I have had an email requesting further evidence. They want a statement of service which I already sent but they haven't said what was wrong with it. As I am RM and RN they want a breakdown of how many nursing hours I have done in the last 5 years. I am employed as a midwife and have been for 12 years, I have maintained my RN with the NMC through the nursing that I do as part of my role. I do things that RM can not do such as caring for HDU pt with Art line or CVP line, wound assessment and management, post op care. so my question is ...... How do I prove this??? :0)

Hello fellow nurses and midwives I am hoping that someone will be able to heeeeeeeellllllp meeeeeee!! Despite reading the AHPRA horror stories I was hopeful that mine would go smoothly .... I was wrong. My application arrived at NSW office on 8/05/12 and I have had an email requesting further evidence. They want a statement of service which I already sent but they haven't said what was wrong with it. As I am RM and RN they want a breakdown of how many nursing hours I have done in the last 5 years. I am employed as a midwife and have been for 12 years, I have maintained my RN with the NMC through the nursing that I do as part of my role. I do things that RM can not do such as caring for HDU pt with Art line or CVP line, wound assessment and management, post op care. so my question is ...... How do I prove this??? :0)

A few thoughts:

Is it signed? Is it signed by a manager who is a nurse/midwife? Did it state the hours you worked?

Did you specify things like Wound care, observations, medications, advice, research, education of student nurses etc? Any roles like governance, health and safety, etc? Supervisor of midwifery?

Guest Lisa26
I have RSCN/RGN, orthopaedic nursing course, RHV and Bsc Hons Community Nursing over 25 years. I included certs for mandatory training over past year, IHI SQE (safety quality and experience course), refresher courses, conflict management, and so on. Yes I am now eligible.

Don't fret over what maybe, wait and they can ask if they need it. :biggrin:

You are right. I'll leave it for the mo. Fingers crossed they get hold of me soon. Still not had an email or correspondence saying they've received it. Oh well, I'm expecting a wait!! Thanks :)

Guest aoneill

Hi all,

i am still no further on this ahpra.Which I lodged last SEPT 2011 in Sydney wasn't I the stupid 1. Please don't send to this office, as they have a backlog, or so I am being told by them. Ive sent job letter confirming hat I am meant to start post in July. But hey them fxxxxxs couldn't give a flying feck. I can't apply for 457 visa without reg so it's a catch 22 for me and my family. So, now I just pester them daily. I have lodged a formal complaint a few weeks ago, still awaiting that outcome also. so chins up people and have a lot of patience. Which I don't lol xxx