House just sold!!

Guest Hayley

Guest Hayley

Am just having a panic. our house has just sold (only put it up on fri!) we thought it would take a couple of months, by which time our visas would (hopefully) be here!! Time to start worrying....no where to live..no visa....no chance they could hurry it along??!! :lol:

Guest wfourie

Hayley same thinghappened to us last week whilst we were on holiday for the whole holiday I felt sick worrying. Then yesterday we got an email from Adelaide asking us to go for meds and notifying us if all ok we would have visas for entry before 9th August 10 weeks away so thank god the house has sold quick as this gives us chance to complete and then go. Hope you are as lucky however still need the visa!!!

Good luck

Bec

Guest Missiemo
Hayley same thinghappened to us last week whilst we were on holiday for the whole holiday I felt sick worrying. Then yesterday we got an email from Adelaide asking us to go for meds and notifying us if all ok we would have visas for entry before 9th August 10 weeks away so thank god the house has sold quick as this gives us chance to complete and then go. Hope you are as lucky however still need the visa!!!

Good luck

Bec

Congratulations Bec, after we had been asked to go for our meds, which our appointment was the 31.01.06, we had received our visa's by email on the 27.02.06, so maybe sooner then you think.

Good Luck

Missiemo

Guest Mark & Gina

Hi Hayley,

Thats great news but it seems like one worry out of the way, and BANG another hits you.

We will 'hopefully' be joining you, house was put on the market on friday and agent told us tonight that there is an offer on the table in the morning. We were with friends at the time so the agent couldnt tell us!!

How exciting / scary!!!!

Guest Hayley

Hi bec, great news for you. Not at all jealous!! Hopefully they will contact us soon or we will have nowhere to go!! Not many people offering to house our staffie!! How long did it take for the visa to come through? We have sent off police checks today (unrequested) but our agent says we must wait until they request our medical!

Guest Hayley

Hi Marc and gina, suppose thats one way of looking at it. Less to think about when we get the ok!! (fingers crossed). Have you had ur visas through yet or just being organised? Where are you heading for? :D

Guest wfourie

Hayley

This is the major scary thing we haven't got our visa yet but they have given us this date of 9th August so we are moving heaven and earth to meet this date on the possible maybe that we will get our visa in time. I have emailed our CO to find out if I can send new PC to extend this date because even when our meds are finalised we still have to pay the investment, get the visa in our passports and then buy flights and sort accomm before 9th August. Took a sick day today from work coz all gettting a bit to much and very stressed!

Bec

Guest Hayley

Know how you feel bec, was thinking today i was going to have a nervous breakdown....best not haven't had my medical yet!!

We have gone through an agency. He has told us to submit our police checks, but not to do our medicals until they request it as apparently they are not keen on people doing it b4.

Just want a definate yes then will feel better. Have been looking at flights already. i'm that desperate to go! Try Airline network for your flights they seem to be the cheapest that ive seen.

Where aout are you going?

Guest wfourie

Perth for starters if hubby doesn't get a job then probably Sydney as we have friends there.

Agent has told us we can submit new PC's to extend the date providing CO has them before 22nd June. We applied for them on 28th April so hope they arrive in time!

Just sat in work worrying about when I should resign! When will we hear if medicals are ok? Just sent for son's new passport, when will that arrive as need to send form 1022 back to CO by 22nd June with the new passport details! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I will need a major holidya after all this is sorted. This process has been ongoing since april last year 13 months can feel like forever!

Where are you off to?

We're still waiting for the police checks to arrive why on earth they need 40 days I don't know, they probably sit on someones desk then they post something back to us. 10 days to go before the 40 day deadline they give you .... and counting!!!! :x

Guest Pasty

Hi All

Our police checks took 32 days to come back and we had started to get worried, but 3 weeks after we sent them off (along with medicals) we got our visas and we have now sold our house for the 2nd time and have booked flights to Sydney on the 7th September!! The whole process for us from TRA application to Visa grant took 7 months and that was worse that having a baby believe me!!

Fingers and toes crossed for us and for all of you that things go well. Try not to get too stressed about things - have a couple of drinks to take your mind off things!

Jackie & Andy (the Pastys)

Archived