457 visa applications in APRIL/MAY,2012

Guest micwheat

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest carleevb85

Does anyone know if there is anyway to get approved for the 457 without meting the minimum salary requirement? I have a job offer but dont think it iwll work out since the job doenst pay $49,330... any dieas?

Guest 41jessi

Hello all. This forum is hugely helpful!

I am just wondering if anyone has any experience of what I am going/about to go through. I have worked for an Australian company (mid size organisation) in London for just under two years (I'm 26) and now they want me to move to Sydney to take take up a role there, which is great. They've just nominated me and I've sent Passport and CV. Does anyone have any experience of this situation? Am due to start in Sydney on 07/07/12 .

Any feedback hugely appreciated! Kind regards.

Hey all,

We recieved our nomination on the 11th of May. currently compleating the visa and hope to get it sent off by friday. Anyone know anything about police checks? I am a teacher and will be teaching preschool in ACT. I am getting ready to send off my FBI check to the US just in case I need it! hoping I dont!!! Also trying to figure out custody papers for my OH 2 kids. We are submissting a 1229 form with just his information becuase he has sole custody of the kids. The mom has not seen her kids in 5 years and has no custody or visitation. anyone know if this is right? hope so! :) loving POMS BTW. Really good information!

Guest tgrindey

hi there micwheat and everyone on this thread, checked immi website on application progress and we got the golden ticket at last this morning, gonna put timeline on when ive come down to earth but what happenes now?

congratulations all who got theres and goodluck for those still waitingxx:biggrin:

Hey all,

We recieved our nomination on the 11th of May. currently compleating the visa and hope to get it sent off by friday. Anyone know anything about police checks? I am a teacher and will be teaching preschool in ACT. I am getting ready to send off my FBI check to the US just in case I need it! hoping I dont!!! Also trying to figure out custody papers for my OH 2 kids. We are submissting a 1229 form with just his information becuase he has sole custody of the kids. The mom has not seen her kids in 5 years and has no custody or visitation. anyone know if this is right? hope so! :) loving POMS BTW. Really good information!

You probably will need the police check, so send off for as soon as possible.

You will also probably need to fill out the consent form, not sure.

hi there micwheat and everyone on this thread, checked immi website on application progress and we got the golden ticket at last this morning, gonna put timeline on when ive come down to earth but what happenes now?

congratulations all who got theres and goodluck for those still waitingxx:biggrin:

Congrats!!

Just when you thought it was all over, stress level defcon 1 sets in with organising, the big move!

Guest micwheat

Congrats tgrindey...

I have another Question about the visa stamping to travel. My agent tells me no need to get any stamping done and the passport number is linked to the 457 visa number. Is this true?

Or is anyone getting a stamp on their visa to be safe?

As I understand it, the visa is now electronic, and immigration can view it when they scan your passport at border control. I think you can apply to have one put in your passport if you want but it is not necessary.

Correct, you may need a label for applying for a drivers license etc.

But that can be done in Oz

Lodged application on 14th May

Just heard that they now want evidence of Medical cover (as expected but still waiting for it) and also a Certified copy of my passport. I had uploaded a colour copy of it along with all the other docs with the application but they are requesting a certified copy.

We were also asked for certified copies of passports. Uploaded the requested certified copies of passports a week ago but still have not heard anything. Online status has not changed since 10 May 2012.

We were also asked for certified copies of passports. Uploaded the requested certified copies of passports a week ago but still have not heard anything. Online status has not changed since 10 May 2012.

In our country, Notary Publics are the person authorized to certify documents as true copy. It depends on the laws of your country as to who is legally authorized to certify documents as true copy such as solicitors, justice of peace, notary publics, etc.)

Guest tgrindey

hi there everyone this is my timeline for 457 visa, 10th april company sponsorship applied for

3rd may company and nomination approved

10th may lodged our 457

15th may visa granted

took us so long to lodge our end as we had to get consent for my son which was done no problem and id page in passports had to be uploaded but no meds were needed, also if anyone wonderin bout visa labels it said on our app that we needed them but when we phoned australia they said its done electronically but my advice phone immigration to checkxxxx hope this helpsxx The first date only approx as marks employee may have done this sooner

Hello all, I just wanted to start a thread so that we can all share our 457 visa process dates here for recent applications :smile:

Me and my wife just got our TRN number on 2nd may/2012. Took our medicals/xrays so waiting for those to get updated in our file. The application online says we need to send out xray film so I wonder how long will this medicals take to reach :em1100:..

Did anyone have the xray report sent out electronically by their medical practitioner directly? As this will be much quicker. Plz let me know?

Please post your recent 457 experiences here so that we can understand the trend and anticipate the wait time.

Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone out there!!

Hi all we got our visa today finally!!!

Think we had the worst case officer in the world for dragging her feet. Only when I emailed her last night telling her my company are not happy with the progress did I get an email this morning to say we had it..it was the same a few weeks ago nothing from her for over 2 weeks then 1 call to her and the next day something else for us to do!!! Bit of advice I can give anyone is keep on top of the case officer...

Think we had the worst case officer in the world for dragging her feet. Only when I emailed her last night telling her my company are not happy with the progress did I get an email this morning to say we had it..it was the same a few weeks ago nothing from her for over 2 weeks then 1 call to her and the next day something else for us to do!!! Bit of advice I can give anyone is keep on top of the case officer...

Congrats Caroline!!

VISA GRANTED :-)

Lodged on 14th May

Docs uploaded 15/16th (engineering certs etc, non notarised colour copies) can be done at a later date to the lodgeing time.

Email from immi on 17th asking for certified copies of passport and travel insurance)

Certified docs sent 22nd May

Visa granted on 23rd May

It looks like when they get the info they move fast

Best advice to anyone else......... get a good scanner and have all your docs ready.

Also when doing the online stuff, its not hard but the form is a little strange with the "cancel form" button at the bottom, it seems to be the normal "X" like you have in the top right of your screen and not a cancellation of the entire form once you have clicked save.

My medical cover was the one i get free with HSBC Premier banking, i just asked for an official letter saying so and sent that.

If doing it online, print off form 1066 and have all the info ready that is asked on that as thats what they will ask for online.

Hope this helps

Congratulations!!! :jiggy:

Congrats Caroline!!

Hi! how did you send the certified copy of your passport? was it uploaded on the DIAC site or did you send it direct by email to your CO? I uploaded the additional requested docs on 10 May at DIAC site but until now no news from the CO. I don't know if CO got it but when I checked the DIAc site, it shows that it has been uploaded.

Hi! how did you send the certified copy of your passport? was it uploaded on the DIAC site or did you send it direct by email to your CO? I uploaded the additional requested docs on 10 May at DIAC site but until now no news from the CO. I don't know if CO got it but when I checked the DIAc site, it shows that it has been uploaded.

I Just uploaded the file containing the original colour scanned copy with a colour copy stamped by the solicitor.

If it is showing up on the DIAC site, then the CO can access it.

Should be fine.

Hi all.

Congrats to all those that have recieved their visa, you must be really excited.

I thought I'd put down my experience so far.

Nomination lodged 17/05

457 visa lodged 20/05

processing commenced 20/05

fee recieved 20/05

processing further 25/05

Not sure how long it should take but I'm guessing mine will be a bit drawn out as we are a family of 5 (3 children under 18) and we also added my mum who has lived with us for the past 7yrs, but since reading through this website, I know I should not of added her as she is not wholly dependent on us and should of applied separately for her.

im really hoping it don't slow it down to much.