176 lodged May 2012

Jars

I'm absolutely dreading that flight with two kids on my own! ha! My fiance is scared of flying though so I guess if he flies with us Ill have three babies to look after!! Ah i wasnt aware that the rental market was so fierce, when we have looked on realestate.com there seems to be a fair bit available but i guess that doesnt tell you how many people are applying for the same house. So tough when u have young kids as your limited to what freedom you have to get things sorted once you get there. The prices im Rockingham seemed quite reasonable. What trade do you and partner do? (if u dont mind me asking) My fiance is electrician and he still has to sit yet another course for his licensing when he gets there

There are lots of Mum's on this site that have traveled on their own with kids, I am sure if you do a search you will find some useful threads. Oh dear I guess your fiance is not planning on returning to the UK very often. That is a long flight is you don't like flying..... Yeah the whole rental thing is difficult, people tend to organise a holiday/fully furnished house when they are still in the UK for the first 4-12 weeks after they arrive and that is the breathing space to find a long-term rental and get accepted for it. Our research has mainly been NOR so I am not really clued up on SOR availability. My husband is a helicopter pilot so he has already had to travel to Australia and stay for 3 weeks to sit all his exams before we could even apply for the visa. That was a bit scary bearing in mind that they can remove an occupation for the SOL at any time..... Because he has to work such funny shifts it is easier for me not to work. I did go back briefly before I got pregnant with our second but it wasn't easy. I do miss it and hopefully I can pick up the career once we are in Australia and the boys are older - youngerst is only 3 1/2 months so I have a fair wait lol. Iwork for oil companies doing helicopter logistics.

Edited by lara24

Got CO today, a Saturday! They are looking for employment evidence

Fantastic news!! Still waiting here... Do you have the employment evidence to hand or is this going to be a bit of a nightmare to sort..?

Morning Jars! :biggrin:

Morning Smithinoz!! Still nothing for you either then..? I wonder how they select the cases? Nevermind, we'll get ours as well soon :dull:

Doing a couple of carboot sales this weekend (what fun) trying to get rid of our tat

We got our co on Wednesday, and medicals are now booked for the 17th!! It's all happening so quick lol after all this time it seems to be moving vvv quickly. Only drama we have is that I can't move out to Perth until earliest Aug next year due to work commitments, so instead of doing the blind leap of faith LOL we will have to go out to activate the visas some time within the next 12 months otherwise my med checks etc will run out. Looks like an expensive Xmas recce then!

We got our co on Wednesday, and medicals are now booked for the 17th!! It's all happening so quick lol after all this time it seems to be moving vvv quickly. Only drama we have is that I can't move out to Perth until earliest Aug next year due to work commitments, so instead of doing the blind leap of faith LOL we will have to go out to activate the visas some time within the next 12 months otherwise my med checks etc will run out. Looks like an expensive Xmas recce then!

An expensive recce but a much warmer Christmas though! Congrats on getting your CO too. Seems like things are starting to happen in the May thread. Can you do a timeline?

Morning Smithinoz!! Still nothing for you either then..? I wonder how they select the cases? Nevermind, we'll get ours as well soon :dull:

Doing a couple of carboot sales this weekend (what fun) trying to get rid of our tat

We did a car boot last weekend - hit £500. Hoping to do another next weekend.

When did you submit Seth?

We did a car boot last weekend - hit £500. Hoping to do another next weekend.

£500????!!!!!!!!!!!!! What did you sell, plasma screens and gold?? :wink: I'd be happy with £80 today - our garage is now filled to the brim with old tat. Amazing what gets hoarded over the years. In all fairness, a lot of it are old toys, kids clothes and stuff. Would be great to get rid of it.

£500????!!!!!!!!!!!!! What did you sell, plasma screens and gold?? :wink: I'd be happy with £80 today - our garage is now filled to the brim with old tat. Amazing what gets hoarded over the years. In all fairness, a lot of it are old toys, kids clothes and stuff. Would be great to get rid of it.

Mainly shoes, CDs, DVDs, and old mobile phones - things like that. Won't do the plasma screens and gold until I know we will deffo get the grant! :wink:

Guest bt1703

Hello everyone. Thought I would post our timeline on here. We have lodged a 176 ( my other half sponsored on a 457 been here three years and 12 months with sponsoring employer. We have lodged decision ready- front loaded all the paperwork and evidence also meds and pc's.

Lodged Friday 11th may - all hard copies couriered to diac same day!

Will update this as soon as we have an update! :err:

Hopefully we get a case officer soon....

Hello everyone. Thought I would post our timeline on here. We have lodged a 176 ( my other half sponsored on a 457 been here three years and 12 months with sponsoring employer. We have lodged decision ready- front loaded all the paperwork and evidence also meds and pc's.

Lodged Friday 11th may - all hard copies couriered to diac same day!

Will update this as soon as we have an update! :err:

Hopefully we get a case officer soon....

Hey, welcome bt1703! Where abouts in Aus are you at the moment?

Guest Airdrie dawn

Hi I have also logged our 176on 9th may its great to be able to check on everyone that have done the same in may good luck to everyone .im also heading to Perth with our wa ss

Hi I have also logged our 176on 9th may its great to be able to check on everyone that have done the same in may good luck to everyone .im also heading to Perth with our wa ss

Wow, I think most of the May gang is headed towards Perth! Perhaps we should organise a big 'May gang' get-together somewhere in Perth one day! Keep us up to date with how things are developing for you. It would be great if you could do a timeline.

Guest Airdrie dawn

Ok I will and yes every one should all meet up when we all get there I'm going with my hubby and kids on his 176 as a spark it's getting very nerve wracking now all that's left is to wait .

Hi, all. Hubby, me and ds 6 and dd 3 are waiting for wa ss. We are currently getting paperwork together for our 176, hoping to join the May gang if we can. We are also heading for perth, sor as we have friends there. It would be great to meet new friends when we arrive, november if things go to plan.

WTF! £500, I did a boot sale today and got £47, mind you I've had 4 kids trample over most of my tat plus I cant be bothered to argue over the extra £2 for a juicer!. Got a sun tan though. Hoping the agent will submit the 176 tomoz once we pay the last instalment. Had a minor panic though on the P60 front but then found work store all my payslips on line from 2002 - so that's my Monday's work sorted.

WTF! £500, I did a boot sale today and got £47, mind you I've had 4 kids trample over most of my tat plus I cant be bothered to argue over the extra £2 for a juicer!. Got a sun tan though. Hoping the agent will submit the 176 tomoz once we pay the last instalment. Had a minor panic though on the P60 front but then found work store all my payslips on line from 2002 - so that's my Monday's work sorted.

Same here - £41 yesterday and £39 today. Red as a lobster - who would have thought after the crap weather we had lately that suntan lotion may have been a good idea! Lol. Smithinoz will have to tell us her secret how to rake in £500!

Let us know when you submitted your 176-exciting times ahead!

yep, defo getting-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night-to-check-emails times ahead :laugh:

Definitely! :biggrin:

Hubby thinks I should go to the doctors for my weak bladder (my excuse for regular nightly email checks) - little does he know it visaitis - need an emailectomy quickly.

Seriously though - good luck to the May team this week ((hugs)).