176 lodged May 2012

Jars

Was getting worried about you!

No news then Jars?

Oh dear, does that mean PIO is starting to rule my life?

Nope, not heard a thing. Torture, isn't it! I take it you haven't hear either? They are just waking up down under now, so who knows what the new day may bring....

Guest nitisha

Hi...I sent to WA my TRN but have not heard from them. I should have asked them for confirmation that they send that form to DIAC.......i hope it is not that a problem....:) Wish the group all the best.....CO's on the way in........

Oh dear, does that mean PIO is starting to rule my life?

Nope, not heard a thing. Torture, isn't it! I take it you haven't hear either? They are just waking up down under now, so who knows what the new day may bring....

Nah - nothing for me.

Hi...I sent to WA my TRN but have not heard from them. I should have asked them for confirmation that they send that form to DIAC.......i hope it is not that a problem....:) Wish the group all the best.....CO's on the way in........

I wouldn't worry. WA emailed me a couple of days later to ask why I hadnt sent form back. They will chase you if they haven't got it.

Edited by smithinoz
Spelling

I checked my emails this morning and had an email from Team 4 confirming that they needed our medicals and police clearances so emailed them back informing we have the medicals booked next week and police cleareances due back soon. Checked status online and just says applicatioon being processed further. Not sure if this means we have a CO or not really ??!!!

I checked my emails this morning and had an email from Team 4 confirming that they needed our medicals and police clearances so emailed them back informing we have the medicals booked next week and police cleareances due back soon. Checked status online and just says applicatioon being processed further. Not sure if this means we have a CO or not really ??!!!

Lets hope so eh? Would be good for the May team to start gettings CO's. Keep us updated! :biggrin:

Well its looking like we do have a case officer from what others have said on here! Yay! And I read the email they sent in a bit more depth and it would seem so as they named the officer and team that were dealing with the app! Not bad after only 5 days of submitiing our app!

Well its looking like we do have a case officer from what others have said on here! Yay! And I read the email they sent in a bit more depth and it would seem so as they named the officer and team that were dealing with the app! Not bad after only 5 days of submitiing our app!

Not fair! :tongue:

Well after a whole year and many thousands of pounds we finally applied for our 176 this week. I haven't had a chance to read this whole thread yet but nice to know there are so many of you in the same boat and CROWDED HOUSE 5 days - OMG that is fast!!

Look forward to hearing all your stories, we hope to be in Perth by the end of the year. That is me, hubbie and our 2 sons who are 4 and 3 months old. My husband is a helicopter pilot so WA SS was the only option for us. It feels very surreal as we have been talking about it for ages but I always just thought it was something for the future - now we are nearly there. I have never been to Australia but my husband has - anyone else taking this blind leap of faith??

Well after a whole year and many thousands of pounds we finally applied for our 176 this week. I haven't had a chance to read this whole thread yet but nice to know there are so many of you in the same boat and CROWDED HOUSE 5 days - OMG that is fast!!

Look forward to hearing all your stories, we hope to be in Perth by the end of the year. That is me, hubbie and our 2 sons who are 4 and 3 months old. My husband is a helicopter pilot so WA SS was the only option for us. It feels very surreal as we have been talking about it for ages but I always just thought it was something for the future - now we are nearly there. I have never been to Australia but my husband has - anyone else taking this blind leap of faith??

Welcome to the May team! Did you do the visa yourself or are you using an agent?

Hoping for a few case officer allocations next week.

Welcome to the May team! Did you do the visa yourself or are you using an agent?

Hoping for a few case officer allocations next week.

Thanks, yes we did use an agent (Go Matilda). It has been a very long haul to get my husbands skills assessment from CASA and to be honest we just ran out of steam what with having a new baby plus I am going into hospital for a fairly major op in 2 weeks. I should really make us a timeline - how do you do that??

We have been in the process for years too Lara, very long winded and very expensive! We are also heading to Perth, me, my fiance and two daughters aged 3.5 and 21 months. My fiance has family in Queenslands and has visited a few times but ive never been so im too going on blind faith! lol! Really nervous but excited too! Just cant believe after all these years that we are finally at this point, thought it would never happen! Not there yet though I guess. Its going to break my heart handing over nearly £800 for our family medicals next week !!! We still need to sell our house too but hopefully we can be out there for early next year. When are you hoping to be out there?

We have been in the process for years too Lara, very long winded and very expensive! We are also heading to Perth, me, my fiance and two daughters aged 3.5 and 21 months. My fiance has family in Queenslands and has visited a few times but ive never been so im too going on blind faith! lol! Really nervous but excited too! Just cant believe after all these years that we are finally at this point, thought it would never happen! Not there yet though I guess. Its going to break my heart handing over nearly £800 for our family medicals next week !!! We still need to sell our house too but hopefully we can be out there for early next year. When are you hoping to be out there?

We hope to move at the end of the year but really that will depend (like you) on if we can sell our house. I really don't want to rent it out and be on the other side of the world - plus rental in Perth looks to be a nightmare so would rather buy soon than later. Do you have an area in mind?

Oh my word, that's fantastic! (not jealous at all :wink:)

Thanks, yes we did use an agent (Go Matilda). It has been a very long haul to get my husbands skills assessment from CASA and to be honest we just ran out of steam what with having a new baby plus I am going into hospital for a fairly major op in 2 weeks. I should really make us a timeline - how do you do that??

Welcome! Looks like most of us will be heading to Perth then

Signature = Settings (top right of page), Edit Signature on the left

Thanks Jars, couldnt quite believe it... was expecting a long wait! We dont want to rent ours out either Lara , when u say nightmare renting in perth do you mean cost wise or availability?! We have some friends in Fremantle and some in Bayswater, Fremantle is expensive though. Been looking at Rockingham and Secret Harbour area too. My fiance is planning on going out on his own once we get the visa to sort his electrical licence and find us somewhere to live before I come out with the kids. As he is the main applicant Im not sure if I can enter Oz without him or if he will need to fly back the UK and then fly out with us.

We decided not to sell our house (yet..?) and rent it out at first which will give us time to suss out all the areas good and proper first, as well as hopefully getting a bit of a rental income this side. It also means we'll be able to get over there quicker - hoping to be there by October (wishful thinking?) and CANNOT WAIT!

Thanks Jars, couldnt quite believe it... was expecting a long wait! We dont want to rent ours out either Lara , when u say nightmare renting in perth do you mean cost wise or availability?! We have some friends in Fremantle and some in Bayswater, Fremantle is expensive though. Been looking at Rockingham and Secret Harbour area too. My fiance is planning on going out on his own once we get the visa to sort his electrical licence and find us somewhere to live before I come out with the kids. As he is the main applicant Im not sure if I can enter Oz without him or if he will need to fly back the UK and then fly out with us.

Cost, availability and quality of houses on offer are all problems. There are so many people looking to rent that prices are high and anything half decent will have a dozen families trying to rent it. We have friends in Osborne Park which is a really nice area but they have a huge rental every month for a pretty poor house. There seems to be such a high demand that house owners feel that they do not need to keep their house up to scratch as it will rent out anyway as people get desperate......

You can travel separately if you want, only rule is everyone must enter the country before your validation period (normally 12 months from date of PCC/med) is up. I do take my hat of to you though, I am worried about doing the flight with our 2 kids and my husband will be with us.

I'm absolutely dreading that flight with two kids on my own! ha! My fiance is scared of flying though so I guess if he flies with us Ill have three babies to look after!! Ah i wasnt aware that the rental market was so fierce, when we have looked on realestate.com there seems to be a fair bit available but i guess that doesnt tell you how many people are applying for the same house. So tough when u have young kids as your limited to what freedom you have to get things sorted once you get there. The prices im Rockingham seemed quite reasonable. What trade do you and partner do? (if u dont mind me asking) My fiance is electrician and he still has to sit yet another course for his licensing when he gets there