176 lodged May 2012

Jars

176 Visa submitted today !!! Can finally join the May gang !!!! Hopefully Ive uploaded all the right docs, didn't ask for any work experience evidence or self employed evidence as I thought it might.... anyone else have this? Going to ring and book medicals tomorrow. Think a few people still waiting for CO's from the April thread so not gtting hopes up of getting one too soon!

Whoohoo!! Congratulations!:biggrin: Hope we all get COs soon

Maybe a thick question but on the document checklist bit where it lists each document to upload it says 'required' ...does this title change when that particular document is uploaded as Ive uploaded them all and it still says required?! Also seen people talking about form 80 and 1221? What are these? We werent asked for them.

Maybe a thick question but on the document checklist bit where it lists each document to upload it says 'required' ...does this title change when that particular document is uploaded as Ive uploaded them all and it still says required?! Also seen people talking about form 80 and 1221? What are these? We werent asked for them.

The status for these documents is changed by the case officer, once the CO is satisfied by the documents provided. But it has been seen sometimes that people have received grants , even with the document status set to "required". So it depends on the CO , some take their own sweet time to change the status. As for Form 80 and 1221 it depends on the case officer, some people are asked to fill it and some don't . Meanwhile upload the work experience documents, as they will be for sure asked by the CO , even though they are not requested in the initial document checklist.

Ok thank you, that really helps. Will thw work experience need to be past and present? Will references from previous employers do? Do u know of any particular document that lists the type of evidence u need to supply? thanks! Best get up loading yet more documents!!!

Ok thank you, that really helps. Will thw work experience need to be past and present? Will references from previous employers do? Do u know of any particular document that lists the type of evidence u need to supply? thanks! Best get up loading yet more documents!!!

You will need to provide work references for the complete work history you filled online in the 176 form. Give as many papers as you can : reference letters, salary slips, tax filings etc. more the better. I put all my documents in a single PDF file from the current employer to the earliest. This is what I did, maybe others can share their views as well.

Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking a quick 'daft' question.... Do you only upload employment related docs if you are proving that you have a certain amount of experience in your profession? I am not claiming extra points for length of employment so just curious as I have not started this process yet. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking a quick 'daft' question.... Do you only upload employment related docs if you are proving that you have a certain amount of experience in your profession? I am not claiming extra points for length of employment so just curious as I have not started this process yet. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

That's what I have done as I am claiming full 8 years experience. I think (but not 100% sure) that if you are not claiming extra points you would just need to prove recent experience i.e. 12 out of the last 24 months.

Im sure one of the "PIO oracles" will be able to confirm though. Good luck. :biggrin:

Another one here.

Lodged yesterday 7th May. Have uploaded all documentation excluding 2 birth certificates which will be adding this week. Police checks will book tomorrow and medicals first week of June. Will work on a signature for the rest of the relevant info now

Another one here.

Lodged yesterday 7th May. Have uploaded all documentation excluding 2 birth certificates which will be adding this week. Police checks will book tomorrow and medicals first week of June. Will work on a signature for the rest of the relevant info now

Welcome!

Received an automated response from the GSM center re my 176 application yesterday - it gives a list of documents that's required - I have front loaded all docs including Form 80 but now its requesting form 1221 - Is this normal - did anyone else receive this? Also tried to book my medical yesterday and received the following response form the e-clinic ' I have tried your TRN number but I cannot access. Have you ticked the box for our clinic which is around the medical

information on your application'. I didn't get a chance to print out my visa application - r they talking about form 26EH - I thought that was filled out on the day of the medical.

Any advice from people who have already done medicals

Hi there, I tried to book a medical today with my TRN, I was advised my details were not appearing, the person I was talking to asked if I had downloaded the forms (26EH and 160EH for me) as apparently this action initiates a record being sent to the central the E-health visa system. I have done this now for the 5 of us (the forms are pre-filled with name and dob) and will be arranging meds very soon.

Hi there, I tried to book a medical today with my TRN, I was advised my details were not appearing, the person I was talking to asked if I had downloaded the forms (26EH and 160EH for me) as apparently this action initiates a record being sent to the central the E-health visa system. I have done this now for the 5 of us (the forms are pre-filled with name and dob) and will be arranging meds very soon.

Did you specify online which medical centre you will be using? Our agent said not to book anything until we are assigned a CO but I can't wait that long!! Had a quick look today and it seems you have to specify which one first before you book (is that correct?) but I can't seem to find this bit. Waiting for our agent to wake up (they are in New Zealand) to tell us what to do but I'd rather just get on with it!

Did you specify online which medical centre you will be using? Our agent said not to book anything until we are assigned a CO but I can't wait that long!! Had a quick look today and it seems you have to specify which one first before you book (is that correct?) but I can't seem to find this bit. Waiting for our agent to wake up (they are in New Zealand) to tell us what to do but I'd rather just get on with it!

I was advised to wait for CO allocation too - apparently it winds them up (DIAC) a bit if you frontload?? Don't know what to do for the best?? :confused:

I was advised to wait for CO allocation too - apparently it winds them up (DIAC) a bit if you frontload?? Don't know what to do for the best?? :confused:

Same here - going out of my mind slightly lol. So are you waiting? Don't think we'll have to wait too long now for CO (you saw the April post today, didn't you?) but I don't want to wait to be told I can't have an appointment until June either. Grrr... what to do

I'm naturally a conformist (another word for chicken!) so think I will wait - would prefer to do things by the book I think. Luckily our medical centre (near London) can fit us in within a week or two.

Hopefully we will get a CO in the next week or so who will give us the "green light" to book.

Hi there, just a caveat- I'm certainly no migration agent, i based this decision on looking a various threads on here and elsewhere- seen lots of instances of pre-loading medical and police info.

But.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean here

'it seems you have to specify which one first before you book'

I`m booking directly with medical centre so I've chosen them from the DIAC panel list looking at one about 1 and a half hour drive from me.

What I was really doing in calling them today was getting an understanding of how long I would need to wait- looks like its a week, so I will wait for a CO anyway as judging from what I can see on other threads they are getting assigned pretty quick.

I'm naturally a conformist (another word for chicken!) so think I will wait - would prefer to do things by the book I think. Luckily our medical centre (near London) can fit us in within a week or two.

Hopefully we will get a CO in the next week or so who will give us the "green light" to book.

Haha, we can be chicken together then :-) (and probably get our visas last as a result). What's a few days, right? I am looking at the one in Maidenhead - much cheaper than our other options. You?

Hi there, just a caveat- I'm certainly no migration agent, i based this decision on looking a various threads on here and elsewhere- seen lots of instances of pre-loading medical and police info.

But.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean here

'it seems you have to specify which one first before you book'

I thought I saw somewhere that before you contact the centre to make a booking you have to tick a selection on your actual online application. But to be honest with you, I have so many dreams about the whole process I probably dreamt it!! :twitcy:

We booked our medicals yesterday for next wednesday (16th May) Haven't got CO yet but the woman on the phone found our application with the TRN number and said it was fine to book as long as we had that. Sending the stuff off for police clearances this week. Still no CO's for anyone on the May thread then?!