176 lodged May 2012

Jars

Hi May gang,

So nice to see this thread is still going. Quite a few of us have been here a while now. Personally hubby and I love it. Nearly 6 months for us.

We stayed in short term accomodation for the first 2 months In Shenton Park - very expensive but all bills were included. I managed to secure a job in week 2, hubby in week 4. Managed to get a better one after a month. Another "even better" one in the pipeline. So proves the jobs are out there!

Have made some awesome friends - many from the may team (Fergamy, Jars, Shelly23, Ms Petite).

Managed to get a rental fairly easily but gather this is not always the case. We are SOR near Vic Park. You have to be quick and get you applications in the same day if possible.

Look forward to a future May Team BBQ - we had one in December. Another one is long overdue!

Xx

Really nice to hear you are doing well smithinoz. We land on the 21st May and have a short term rental in Clarkson NOR, up for any BBQ or gathering as would be lovely to put faces to names from the May Gang.

Deffo :biggrin:

Will send you a PM with contact details - just ask if you need any help.

Great to hear such positive things smithinoz hope it all continues well for you guys! We'd absolutley be up for a meet up too :biggrin: Good to hear that you are making friends as this has been a bit of a worry for me!

Arrumac, I'm officially jobless as notice has been handed in and position filled aaahhhh! No turning back now!!

Great to hear such positive things smithinoz hope it all continues well for you guys! We'd absolutley be up for a meet up too :biggrin: Good to hear that you are making friends as this has been a bit of a worry for me!

Arrumac, I'm officially jobless as notice has been handed in and position filled aaahhhh! No turning back now!!

yea! I gave my employer 3 months notice but said I was reserving the right to withdraw up to the last month, not sure why but it made me feel better...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, it's nice to see how many of the May gang are doing well in Oz. As for us, I had really bad moments with my mother in the hospital the last couple of months, and therefore postponed our flight to Perth which was scheduled for March 19.

Hopefully, we will be able to reschedule by July and start the new life in Oz. Congratulations for the BBQ and mainly for getting in touch with each other of the gang. Hope we can join you on the next one :cute:

Hi may gang we arrived 22 April John luckily had a job before we got here which he is enjoying . I got a part time teaching position I would prefer full time but not a lot of teaching jobs about. Got my job 10 days after arriving it was my first interview. Also have a possible full time job coming up in July and I gave passed all the tests for answering 000 calls for the police so currently sat in a recruitment pool with the police . Life is good we are loving it people are so friendly and helpful the only criticism is the driving is mental here. We have a short term rental in Hilary's for the next 10 weeks , we are then hoping to move to Freo as there is so much going on and we love the feel of Freo . All positive be great to meet up with people Ali & John x

Hi may gang we arrived 22 April John luckily had a job before we got here which he is enjoying . I got a part time teaching position I would prefer full time but not a lot of teaching jobs about. Got my job 10 days after arriving it was my first interview. Also have a possible full time job coming up in July and I gave passed all the tests for answering 000 calls for the police so currently sat in a recruitment pool with the police . Life is good we are loving it people are so friendly and helpful the only criticism is the driving is mental here. We have a short term rental in Hilary's for the next 10 weeks , we are then hoping to move to Freo as there is so much going on and we love the feel of Freo . All positive be great to meet up with people Ali & John x

Welcome to Perth and all the best.

• 4 months later...

I saw that there hasn't been activity at all in this our thread. We arrived in Perth 4 weeks ago!!! We love it but no jobs at all!!! We are worried about finding something as live is quite expensive here and in my field (civil engineer) it seems that for any position there are many people applying. Coming from Bolivia is not greatly viewed in terms of experience, but hopefully I can find something, I'm willing to start from 0 as long as the opportunity appears! Hope everybody is going well, if something we are in Beckenhan. Cheers to all of you!

• 5 months later...

Hey,

I still look at the forum most days but haven't checked the thread for over a year.

We verified our visa over a year ago with three weeks in Sydney.

Most of the thread seemed to be heading to Perth. It may as well be another country.

I did meet up with couple from the thread who had moved to Sydney already. That was great and we've stayed in touch.

We still don't have a move date, somewhere between Aug 2014 - Aug 2015

Are there many of us still in the UK?

• 1 year later...

Hi just wondered how everyone is doing shame this thread has been quiet but guess we have all been busy getting on with our new lives...I do not regret coming back...just had my first visit back to the uk in two years loved it and got a lovely feeling when I saw Perth. Would love to hear from others who were on this thread? Wishing you all the best and hope it has come together for you all.

Hi just wondered how everyone is doing shame this thread has been quiet but guess we have all been busy getting on with our new lives...I do not regret coming back...just had my first visit back to the uk in two years loved it and got a lovely feeling when I saw Perth. Would love to hear from others who were on this thread? Wishing you all the best and hope it has come together for you all.

Well, great that this thread is still going. It has been just over 2 years now that we touched down in Perth and haven't looked back. We have settled well and happier than ever. Visited family in Cape Town this year January which was lovely. We have made some wonderful friends and settled in the Perth Hills. Linking in with the local community and church has made life so much easier. Looking back at the hard time getting our visa and putting in the time and effort has certainly paid off. We are blessed. All the best to everyone out there and I hope your experience has been positive if not worthwhile.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Well, great that this thread is still going. It has been just over 2 years now that we touched down in Perth and haven't looked back. We have settled well and happier than ever. Visited family in Cape Town this year January which was lovely. We have made some wonderful friends and settled in the Perth Hills. Linking in with the local community and church has made life so much easier. Looking back at the hard time getting our visa and putting in the time and effort has certainly paid off. We are blessed. All the best to everyone out there and I hope your experience has been positive if not worthwhile.
I am guessing a lot of those who contributed to this thread could be like me going through the citizenship process. If so good luck and how ironic is it that the the waiting list is so enormous. Checking emails and immiacvount avidly once again.