176 lodged May 2012

Jars

Well... we made it in time for the deadline!

It would be great to use this thread for anyone lodging 176 during May. The previous groups provided a great support for one another.

What a relief that it's finally lodged!! Now we wait...

I noticed they're turning WA SS around pretty quick again, so not long now. Have you got everything wating and ready for the 176?

Pretty much yeah. The app is pre filled. Have scanned the majority of docs onto pc. Just a bit more work to do there - going bavk to 2002 for emplyment. PCC forms ready to be sent off. Hospital can book within 2 days for medicals.

It would be great to use this thread for anyone lodging 176 during May. The previous groups provided a great support for one another.

Congrats on lodging your visa.

Hey Jars,

Would you be willing to share your list of documents required for 176 please?

:biggrin:

Just lodged my 176 Application - after my PC crashed while uploading the docs. Major panic but eventually got them reloaded so I hope DIAC have received them. Must now book medicals and get PCC...phew..think I need a holiday after all this 176 DIY process

Hey Jars,

Would you be willing to share your list of documents required for 176 please?

:biggrin:

Here's the list!

P60 + 2 recent payslips

Updated employer reference

Birth certificates for everyone (full certificates for everyone else and abridged for me whilst I'm waiting for my full certificate to be sent from South Africa to the UK)

Naturalisation certificate for myself

IELTS results

Qualifications + transcripts

Bank statement, council tax, car insurance doc, electricity doc etc (proof of address)

Marriage certificate

VETASSESS skills assessment

WA state sponsorship

Oh, and of course passport copies

I think that's all I gave our agents, so not sure what actually was uploaded in the end! We also completed Forms 80 just in case - what an annoying form!

Hope this helps

Edited by Jars
Added to the list

Just lodged my 176 Application - after my PC crashed while uploading the docs. Major panic but eventually got them reloaded so I hope DIAC have received them. Must now book medicals and get PCC...phew..think I need a holiday after all this 176 DIY process

Well done Ms Petite! Exciting times ahead. It feels so incredibly real now!

Hoping I'm going to be in a position to join you shortly? Fingers crossed.....

I have enjoyed following the March and April threads - they seem to be moving along nicely.

Any news on WASS yet Smithinoz?

good point Jars! Full birth certificate, I'll have to sort mine today. I am hoping to join the May crowd but I've seen Vic SS take from 5 - 13 weeks

Wow, that long?! Well, from your timeline I notice you are at least a month into it, so there should still be time before the deadline.

Any news on WASS yet Smithinoz?[/QUO TE]

No, sadly not :sad:

Guess I just need to be patient......

Oh seems I spoke too soon - just had it through! Yipee! :chatterbox:

Deffo will be joining the May team! Cup of tea time, then 176 here I come!

Oh seems I spoke too soon - just had it through! Yipee! :chatterbox:

Deffo will be joining the May team! Cup of tea time, then 176 here I come!

Fantastic news!!! Congratulations :laugh:Big relief hey! When are you planning on lodging 176?

Yeah its a massive relief! :biggrin:

Hopefully will submit 176 today, but tomorrow at the latest. Need to change a few bits and pieces on the application - didn't realise I needed to add hubby's family members and children, plus need to give it the once, twice .... over! Oh, and transfer the application fee to my current account. Will update this thread as soon as I hit the submit button.

We just need a few more members to the May team now....:biggrin:

ooo hopefully we will be able to join this thread too with our application, just waiting for our daughters' passports to come so we can submit 176. Ive started filling out the form online but cant go past the screen where i need to put their passport numbers in. Does the app take a long time to fill out? Can I ask why u need to include p60 and work references? My partner works for himself so I guess they will want evidence of that. Ive seen Feb and March appicants get their visas granted within 6/8 weeks so hopefully April/May will too!

Received an automated response from the GSM center re my 176 application yesterday - it gives a list of documents that's required - I have front loaded all docs including Form 80 but now its requesting form 1221 - Is this normal - did anyone else receive this? Also tried to book my medical yesterday and received the following response form the e-clinic ' I have tried your TRN number but I cannot access. Have you ticked the box for our clinic which is around the medical

information on your application'. I didn't get a chance to print out my visa application - r they talking about form 26EH - I thought that was filled out on the day of the medical.

Any advice from people who have already done medicals

Received an automated response from the GSM center re my 176 application yesterday - it gives a list of documents that's required - I have front loaded all docs including Form 80 but now its requesting form 1221 - Is this normal - did anyone else receive this? Also tried to book my medical yesterday and received the following response form the e-clinic ' I have tried your TRN number but I cannot access. Have you ticked the box for our clinic which is around the medical

information on your application'. I didn't get a chance to print out my visa application - r they talking about form 26EH - I thought that was filled out on the day of the medical.

Any advice from people who have already done medicals

Ignore the automated e-mail, it's pretty much the same for everyone. Go by your online 'document checklist'

Form 26EH and 160EH are auto-filled when you lodge the online app. Just take a printout when you go for the Meds.

ooo hopefully we will be able to join this thread too with our application, just waiting for our daughters' passports to come so we can submit 176. Ive started filling out the form online but cant go past the screen where i need to put their passport numbers in. Does the app take a long time to fill out? Can I ask why u need to include p60 and work references? My partner works for himself so I guess they will want evidence of that. Ive seen Feb and March appicants get their visas granted within 6/8 weeks so hopefully April/May will too!

Sorry, can't help you much with the form as our agent did all that (phew!!). I submitted my P60 and work experience only because VETASSESS assessed my post-qualification skills at about 2yrs 8 months but by the time I submitted the 176 I have actually done 3 years post-qual (more before that but did my degree part-time whilst I was working so that unfortunately didn't count). So the P60 etc was just to prove that I am still in the same position as what they used to assess me. Hope that makes sense - I get confused with it all myself! lol :eek:

Hope your daughters' passports arrive soon so that you can submit yours too

Has anyone had any issues with uploading docs? Basically after I had paid, a page appeared with a document checklist. Printed it off to start gathering the bits I didn't have ready. When I logged in again to review the app, the list is completely different. The kids medicals have dissapeareed (non migrating dependents). When I phoned the clinic, they had me and hubby down, but no kids. Anyone else had this?

Also I can't upload anything either now. The link where a password is required won't accept the password I had been using all day. My TRN number is identical to the number I had been logging on with, just less an S.

Stressing me out a little. I love technology, when it works. Feel like I did everything right but now it's given up the ghost.