Policing in Oz

Guest AlesianLeighValentine

I am now fully aware that the only way for me and my family to move to Oz is via a police Uk recruitment drive as my wife and I both have jobs not on the skilled list. I have been informed about some sort of 'international transferee course' early part of next year. I wondered if anyone else had heard anything about this or heard of something similar and knows any actual details?

Just hoping any sort of UK recruitment drive is soon!!

I am now fully aware that the only way for me and my family to move to Oz is via a police Uk recruitment drive as my wife and I both have jobs not on the skilled list. I have been informed about some sort of 'international transferee course' early part of next year. I wondered if anyone else had heard anything about this or heard of something similar and knows any actual details?

So you want the uk goverment to spend thousands on training you up and when they ave you jump ship with us all here footing thre bill.......charming.

The powers that be, in charge of the UK train us all up into public sector jobs (myself being Social Worker) but then there are very few jobs after that training....particularly now! Few jobs that are going have about 100 applications each ... I am certainly taking my skills out of the UK to where they will be renumerated and recognised appropriately. Not putting me through years of training to then only created substantial jobs in the unqualified roles!! I suspect similar in the Police..

I got offered 2 jobs in Australia but couldn't get one here!! I could of course if i moved to London but I couldn't afford to live there.

The UK may eventually benefit from training me up if I return, if they create jobs matched to training, but not anytime soon...

Government shouldn't be so stupid to spend the money on training us up if there's little employment in these areas.

Hi

My husband is hoping to transfer and has been keeping an eye on the police recruitment. Victoria recruited last year and you can send them an email and they will let you know if/when they are recruiting internationally again this year. Also Queensland are running PACE again, though at present for police already with residency, however it is only a matter of time before they recruit internationally as they can't meet their quota.

Hope that helps!

So you want the uk goverment to spend thousands on training you up and when they ave you jump ship with us all here footing thre bill.......charming.

Are you assuming he/she has never paid tax to pay for their own training? Who paid for yours? Did you do an apprenticeship paid for out of your own pocket before you jumped ship?

Most public sector jobs here require a certain amount of time qualified, in which case, a return of service in the UK, if only for a year, should alleviate your concern for the public purse.

Im am already a serving police officer in the UK already and decided we wanted to move to be with family but have been awaiting a UK recruitment drive since 2009 in WA but to no avail. My wife is a dental nurse of 10years lots of jobs but also not on the skilled list so can not be sponsored!.

Thought this forum was for help & info, not to be spoken to like crap and abused!

If you haven anything informing to say DO NOT POST!!

Are you assuming he/she has never paid tax to pay for their own training? Who paid for yours? Did you do an apprenticeship paid for out of your own pocket before you jumped ship?

Most public sector jobs here require a certain amount of time qualified, in which case, a return of service in the UK, if only for a year, should alleviate your concern for the public purse.

Thank you, funny how people presume!

Couldnt agree more with the above, how has the Great British Bobby become so bloody irritating?

Respect has to be earnt

Respect works both ways my friend, and if I am not mistaken 'Great British Bobbies' as you put it are the most respected and are sought after Police in the World!!!

British Police Police by consent, the public / communities want us about. Why is that most countries in the world today ask British Police for assistance due to the style of our Policing methods!

If you have nothing constructive to say, please keep you small minded comments to yourself!!!!

You have one life, it's not a rehearsal or practice run. Make of it what you can, which is my aim for a better life for my two small daughters.

British Police Police by consent, the public / communities want us about.

But do they want officers who remove their id numbers from their shoulders at protests, or have their identities protected as in the picture, or refuse to testify where an un-armed member of the public was shot and killed? I think not.

article-2136289-12CE0EDA000005DC-856_634x1206.jpg

article-2136289-12CE0EDA000005DC-856_634x1206.jpg

Guest ronyag2

how ppl like to shout there mouths off without all the information... agree, this is a site for help and information, if you havn't got any be quiet!:policeman::arghh:

But do they want officers who remove their id numbers from their shoulders at protests, or have their identities protected as in the picture, or refuse to testify where an un-armed member of the public was shot and killed? I think not.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13910[/ATTACH]

I believe this is special forces, which are to do with the Army. Slightly different concept I am afraid, but thanks for the input!!!!!

Oh and if you get a second, have a little read of the following :-

Special forces, or special operations forces are terms used to describe elite military tactical teams trained to perform high-risk dangerous missions that conventional units cannot perform. Special forces soldiers need to be physically and mentally robust and have the confidence, courage, and skill to operate individually or in small teams, often in isolation and in a hostile environment.[1] They are high-value assets commanded at the strategic level, delivering effects disproportionate to their size.[2]

Guest ronyag2

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13910[/ATTACH]

'police can not refuse to testify!'

I thought wa force was recruiting internationally

I look at WAPOL's site everyday, and they are still only participating in a home front recruitment drive. I have been told that if they do not fill the spaces required then they put it out internationally. So at the moment it is a waiting game, unless you have some inside information or something different??? ;-)

cheers tho

'police can not refuse to testify!'

Sorry it was refuse to be interviewed in the example I was thinking of: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/apr/26/mark-duggan-met-refuse-ipcc?newsfeed=true

Anyhow, I wish all the best to the OP - apologies for dragging your thread off topic. It was your comment about respect and communties wanting the police about that raised my hackles, I think the UK police has someway to go to re-earn the respect it once had.

I think the UK police has someway to go to re-earn the respect it once had.

I appreciate your comment, Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but i didnt start a thread about British police - we would will be here all day lol

It is the same with any job, if your numbers are cut you can only do what you can.

Edited by AlesianLeighValentine

Please read my polite warning on the previous page,, as the OP as also since stated we are NOT discussing the police on this thread and she didnt post intending people to do so.

Feel free to start another thread on the working of the police force if you wish ,but this isnt the thread for it

I trust you understand and as you know we like to keep threads on track

Cal x