Defact visa HELP! Sponsorship undertaking!

AdamHb

Hi all let me just say any feeback is good feedback.

I am from the uk and my partner is from oz, we met when I was on a 1 yr working holiday visa in oz, we dated and travelled oz and nz and now the uk fore the past 17 monthes with the proof required to be granted a defacto visa, However on my partners form it asks how you will sponsor your partner if you are applying for this visa outside oz.

She has family that will house us on arrival (till we find our own accommodation through savings and finding work) and has stated this in there stat dec. she also doesn't have a job in Australia because we have been travelling tho we are going to state that we have had no problem finding work in a verious number of differen country in the whole 17 monthes of travelling and that we as she have savings.

Do you think they will give us av visa if she has no home (rented or owned) or her own and has not got a constant flow of money through work.

Not really sure if I worded this right but I hope you get were I'm coming from!?

Thanks

Hi AdamHb,

My DH is aussie and my sponser, we have lived here 10 years. He has no job or house in oz, and I have received an email saying my visa will be granted early sep.

We stated that we can saty with Dh's sister in melbourne and that he will have no trouble getting work in his industry. Worked for us.

OR maybe it was his bank balance :-)

I wouldn't worry about it too much but it is something that you need to show you have thought about and have rough plans on what you are going to do in your first year at least. Things to mention or consider are obviously money, jobs and housing as you would not be entitled to some benefits so you need to prove you can support yourselves. As an Aussie your partner is entitled to work (so will you) so mention what you plan to do to find work asap. With regards to money, state how much you are bringing with you and how long this would last you (rent, bond, living expenses, who will pay bills). If you are going to be near their family state how they can assist you - living with them temporarily, help with setting up a home (where to get furniture, places to live etc) and emotional support too.

In our case, I had the bulk of the money which we considered "shared", stayed with OH's family for a couple of months and he knew which parts of Melbourne were nice to live in. I managed to secure more work and more well paid than the OH so I became the main breadwinner. What you have mentioned is the right kind of thing and you only need to write a few sentences on it.

Everyone has different circumstances and I'm sure as long as you can show that you have thought about it and made some plans it will be absolutely fine. My DH did own a place where we would come to live, but we had been in the UK for 3.5 years so all he could show was the money he had earned in the previous two years in the UK, and say in his personal statement that he planned to find work asap - as long as you show some awareness and have thought about it you will be fine.

Good luck!