Anyone used UKPostBox to handle and scan their UK post and email it to OZ?

Goochie

I've been looking at the options for post redirection and the problem seems to be that you cant set it up with Royal Mail before you leave unless you already know the forwarding address.

A bit of googling later revealed a company called UKPostBox.com who set up a PO box for you, scan in all of your incoming envelopes and ask you if you'd like them to be opened and emailed or destroyed.

I have no connection to the company what so ever but thought it seemed like a really good idea.

You just get Royal Mail to redirect all your post to your UKPostBox and decide what you want scanned or forwarded when it arrives.

Has anyone here used a similar service?

I am also really interested to hear how anyone has got n with this kind of service. I was planning on buying a scanner and asking my folks to open.and scan post. Having a professional service would be grreat......

QUOTE=Goochie;1935791738]I've been looking at the options for post redirection and the problem seems to be that you cant set it up with Royal Mail before you leave unless you already know the forwarding address.

A bit of googling later revealed a company called UKPostBox.com who set up a PO box for you, scan in all of your incoming envelopes and ask you if you'd like them to be opened and emailed or destroyed.

I have no connection to the company what so ever but thought it seemed like a really good idea.

You just get Royal Mail to redirect all your post to your UKPostBox and decide what you want scanned or forwarded when it arrives.

Has anyone here used a similar service?

• 4 months later...

I got mine redirected to my Dad who contacts the mailing list type people and gets me removed and scans the important stuff and emails it retaining the hard copies for "as and when". I think the companies you mention may scan everything and you pay according to how many scans you think you'll need in a month and you'd be pretty hacked off if you paid to get scans of your "the NEXT sale starts soon" flyer and other such drivel.

Redirect to a relative and make them earn their 2 months in the sun holiday each year - lol

We use http://www.my-uk-mail.co.uk/. been using them for 3 months now with no problems. Costs £70 to set up an account PLUS the costs of shipping which you load as needed. I loaded £25 when we moved at the begining of June a i still have £12.50 left.

They give you a UK street address which you have your mail redirected to (not a PO box as Royal Mail will not redirect to PO box) and you choose how often you want a shipment sending. We chose every 2 weeks and not to have our mail scanned.

So far i can not fault the service, takes about a week for the mail to arrive here so it can be about 3 weeks old but we are not that bothered, if you are either get it scanned or shipped more often.

Nick.

Edited by Nikko

• 2 years later...

For others coming on this page when Googling for UK mail forwarding company as i did i'll recommend a company that i'm totally happy with. I've been using their service for several months and i upgraded to premium membership already. I took a look on other Uk forwarders and came to conclusion that their prices are the lowest on the market with great customer support. The company name is myukmailbox and you can check their services here: https://myukmailbox.com/services