EugeneS

How much time do I have to validate my 176 visa since I get it?

Hi folks!

I know there are plenty threads concerning this issue but I'm little confused here..

As I understood, I have 1 year to validate the visa from the moment I get it. However, I've also noticed that some people mentioned that the count begins not from the moment I actually get the visa but much earlier, from the moment I had my medicals done..

One more question I have is - what is the procedure of validating the visa? Does it only takes to enter the country or it is a longer procedure?

Could someone please provide a correct answer?

Thanks a lot!!

It is one year from the date on the medicals or police checks whichever is the earliest, as they are only valid for 1 year. NOT one year from grant. The date on our UKPC certificates, received before we did the meds was 24th May 2011, we were granted our visa on the 22nd June 2011 and had to make first entry by the 23rd May 2012.

This is a guide only and not set in stone, some medicals only have a 6 month validity if cat B and occasionally a CO may give you longer if there has been a delay in their processing, but it good enough to work on. This is why people advise not to pre-load meds and police checks.

Until your visa is actually granted you will not know for sure.

Validation just requires you to enter Australia and pass through immigration.

Edited by rammygirl

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

It is one year from the date on the medicals or police checks whichever is the earliest, as they are only valid for 1 year. The date on our UKPC certificates, received before we did the meds was 24th May 2011, we were granted our visa on the 22nd June 2011 and had to make first entry by the 23rd May 2012.

Validation just requires you to enter Australia and pass through immigration.

Great!

Thanks a lot for your answer!!