Life after Visa grant and 6 months of Arriving in Australia! Living the OZ Dream!

Big Bob

Heya PIOs!

Hope all guys are awesome as ever finding the best way to get down under... It has been a long overdue since I wanted to thank this wonderful & awesome website (pomsinoz.com) that did helped me to change my life completely.:notworthy:

I was just another guy working in a multinational in my country. Someone gave me an idea to move down under. I went through the process and after all that grilling process I think it’s worth putting all your money and effort. To be true my life has changed completely and you can say it’s like taking a big U turn.

After 6 months of arriving in Australia I think this country is awesome. My excitement for my visa grant was that as if I have achieved some olympic gold and I booked my ticket after few weeks.I became panicky as my plane landed in Adelaide airport and had one question in my mind. Now what?

I changed 3 cities in 6 months and think that there is no place good or bad but every place has its own pros and cons. To keep it straight, everyplace is special. "Gumtree" is your best pal to find a place and before you land it’s a very good idea to call couple of friends to accommodate you for few days. Believe me its useful not to find you a shed but also they educate you about the place. After relocating to new place another phase started of my life in Australia, "job hunting. Better to say I "Sprayed and Prayed" my resume across all job websites in Australia.Beleive me you will get calls and don't expect to get a job right away after landoing.Its a very good idea to prepare your mind for a break/no work for few weeks...blah blah..Blah...Another thing is to make sure to let your recruiter know that you are flexible to do something new. After talking to some hundred consultants and busy talking on phone all day long (9-5 even in loo) for 4 weeks I finally got a job! Exactly after 4 weeks of landing. Whoa! Now what...Since I had to relocate to a new city (My 3rd one) I had to start the whole gumtree process again...anxious of joining the new workplace in a new country. Believe me or not, I found the best ever workplace environment I have worked in and I kind of love it. Weekends is all about partying, barbeque, biking or surf around the best beaches in the world.

And yes after 6 months here in Australia I can say " I am living the Aussie dream ":biggrin:and just want to say to everyone here who are in a grilling process of applying, applied or in a thinking of applying, It’s worth it!:yes:

Cheers

Big Bob

Edited by Big Bob
extra spaces :)