visa in the post....

Guest paul_s

Guest paul_s

so the day finally arrives - sent partner app to australia houe on thursday...wish me luck..didn't use an agent - so no idea if application is right...but hoping that most bases are covered. bit scary really, but new phase of life is started...bring it on......

Guest dwaldron

I didn't bother using an agent either and we had the visa in just a touch over a month. I can see a useful role for agents for 'borderline' applications, but with partner applications if you have a 12 month paper trail and you've not shacked up with an ex-murderer then it should go fine.

Guest dwaldron

As long as you put loads of bills, insurance policies etc in the application, then you'll be fine. We had a joint mortgage and bank accounts and I would think that those sort of things are pretty persuasive.

My partner's was a little delayed because we were going on holidays and so couldn't send his passport. If we had stayed at home we would have had it in under four weeks. Ours went to London too, I think they turn them around quite quickly down there.

Guest paul_s

we included everything we had - i.e. tenancy agreement, shared bills etc . Our shared bank account is just a savings account - but anyway it's all above board so should be ok, even if they need to interview us. Just nerve wracking as a lot riding on it......

Archived