Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'witnesses'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Working Holiday Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 1 result

  1. We are in the process of completing our offshore (UK) application for a 309/100 partner visa and have decided to get a couple of UK-based Australian friends to complete stat dec forms in order to support our application. My concern lies around getting these decs witnessed. According to the DIAC website the following applies when completed overseas: ******************************************************** A statutory declaration can be made overseas provided that it is witnessed by a person who falls within one of the categories in Schedule 2 to the Regulations. Example 1 A doctor who is registered to practise medicine in Australia may witness a Commonwealth statutory declaration when he or she is overseas. A doctor who is registered to practise medicine in a foreign country (and not in Australia) cannot witness a Commonwealth statutory declaration. Example 2 A member of a police force in Australia may witness a Commonwealth statutory declaration overseas. A police officer of a foreign police force cannot witness a Commonwealth statutory declaration. If you need to make a Commonwealth statutory declaration overseas, you should be able to contact a person listed under Schedule 2 as an authorised witness at the nearest Australian Embassy, High Commission or Consulate. ******************************************************** Does anyone have any tips on the easiest way to find a suitable witness over here? I don't know of any Aussies living over here in the professions listed so that's not going to be an easy option and I don't think a UK solicitor etc can do it. I haven't followed the above advice of contacting the embassy/consulate yet - I just wanted to check with a few people here before I did as I'm sure other people will have come across this problem before. Many thanks in advance!