Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'whm'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Visitor Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 5 results

  1. The Australian Tourism Export Council is calling on the Federal Government to allow backpackers on working holiday visas to extend their stay by a year if they spend 3 months working in tourism in regional Australia. ATEC says there are thousands of job vacancies in the tourism sector and that changes to the visa system could help to fill them. ATEC Director, Felicia Mariani said ATEC has been strongly advocating for the extension of the ‘regional’ classification to the tourism industry – allowing Working Holiday Visa holders to extend their visa by 12 months after completing 88 days of work in a regional industry. Under the existing rules, Working Holidays Makers must complete 88 days in a defined regional industry; either agriculture, horticulture, forestry, mining, construction or fishing, in order to qualify for a second year extension. Of those who complete this required period of work, 95% actually extend their stay. Felicia Mariani said, “The current situation only sees around 22,000 people heading to regional areas to find work in defined industries to qualify for the possible second year extension. There are 162,000 Working Holiday Visas issued each year in Australia; this means there are another 140,000 potential Working Holiday Visa visitors who could contribute to the Australian economy. “Within the 162,000 Working Holiday Visas issued each year, there is a clear desire from these people to work in the tourism sector and it is very likely the uptake on the 2nd year extension would be significantly higher." Full Story @ http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-02-13/calls-to-give-backpackers-longer-visas-for-tourism-work/3827296
  2. Has anyone got an idea of how common it is that customs might refuse you? My second Working holiday Visa is nearly running out, I applied for the 676 onshore but got refused, and now I'm considering to take a trip to NZ for a few days. I know about the fact that you need to have an ongoing flight. I really like to spend christmas here with my friends and I have got enough funds to support myself and fly back home (Holland) after christmas. I'm about to make the decision to get rid of my rental apartment or take the risk of keeping it till I'm back in the country. I would really like to have a place to come home to if customs do let me cross the boarder. Any ideas? And what would you do in my situation? Move out of the apartment or take the risk? Thanks in advance!
  3. hi i recently had my 2nd WHM visa rejected after providing all relevant forms, bus tickets in my name to the farm location 2 days before i began work and also a letter of reference confirming work carried out on specific dates on buisiness headed paper and then signed from my farmer , immi stated that they tried to contact the farmer to confirm my work and his number was disconnected, upon recieving this i called the farmer myself and was suprised that his number was infact working so again emailed immi to inform them the number WAS working as i had just spoke to the farmer , now a month has passed and immi have rejected my visa on the grounds they cant get hold of the farmer AGAIN. as soon as i recieved the rejection i contacted the farmer and he has encouraged me to apply for a review and will be happy to speak to immi to answer any questions, does this seem like i have a strong case for review ?? thanks for reading sorry if this all sounds a little confusing, would love someone elses opinion on this....
  4. Penfold

    2nd WHM Visa - Cabinetmaking

    Hi As my 457 Visa seems to be causing hassle I'm thinking about forgetting it and applying for a 2nd Working Holiday Visa IF that is possible. I have only just realised that you can get a 2nd WHV through doing SPECIFIED work rather than SEASONAL work. I have done almost 6 months in regional areas as a kitchen fitter/cabinetmaker/joiner. However, I am not sure whether these jobs qualify....... I would assume they come under CONSTRUCTION and therefor DO quailfy. However I can find nothing to back this up........ Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)
  5. Guest

    whm visa

    Hi, Anybody know what is needed to obtain this visa, is it complicated or pretty straightforward?