Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'visa refusal'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Working Holiday Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat

Categories

  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help

Blogs

There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.


Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Found 3 results

  1. Hi guys, on the 6th of April I received the notification of nomination refusal for a visa 187. My employer decided to appeal for merits review to the AAT. My question is: while filling the appeal application form online, which option should he choose for the point "Select the decision to be reviewed"? 1) visa refusal 2) business sponsor approval refusal or variation 3 refusal of nominated activity or position Thank you!
  2. authentikate

    Visa Refusal - Do we have any options?

    Hi, My fiance and I are at a loss right now of what steps to take next. I'm hoping that someone here has some kind of insight into what our next move can and should be. For reference, I am a Canadian citizen and my partner is Romanian. He is the primary applicant and is sponsored through his work. I came to Australia almost 4 years ago on a working holiday visa, and my partner came on I believe, a 407 visa or something similar. Some kind of internship, 1 year visa. Yesterday, we were refused an RSMS 187 visa based on the fact that he had not successfully passed the IELTS test until 2 days after the migration agent (that was supplied from his work) had put in the application. While she states that she had no choice but to put in the application at that time due to time constraints, we still had about another 3 weeks remaining on our previous 12 month visa that we were on at the time. She could have waited the 2 days just in case, but told us at the time that it would be fine even if he passed the test after the application was lodged. Obviously, this was not the case. We have been attempting to apply for sponsored visas through my partner's employer for going on 3 years now. Every time we have tried, something has been done incorrectly by various registered migration agents that has further complicated the matter. First, it was a 457 visa submitted under the wrong job heading. We were denied the nomination for that one. Then, upon applying for the 187, we were told to plan our wedding immediately to ensure that they could not say we were not together lawfully. We planned our overseas wedding with all of our family, only to find out months before it that as we were on a Bridging C visa, we are not eligible for a Bridging B visa. While we were granted priority processing in the hopes of making it to our wedding, we still had to cancel everything and lost all money we had put into it. This priority processing led to an accepted nomination, but a sped up refusal. We know have 35(?) days to leave the country and have no idea what to do. The migration agent and his work has suggested that we "go, hang out somewhere for about 6 months" out of country while they reapply for the 187 for another approx. $10,000. We would then come back and try again. It would take another, at this point, 22-25 months to go that route and this is after 6 months of either not working in my partner's country (language barrier) or paying to bring him as my fiance to Canada, where he may not be able to work for up to a year, and then trying to come back. We could just give up and go to Canada, but our life is here after almost 5 years in Australia. This is home. We don't know what to do. We have been told that appealing through the AAT would just be prolonging the inevitable refusal, so it's not worth the attempt. We don't want to spend another 2 years or so just waiting to be refused again. I have also been told through my work that I could apply for the 187 as an office manager, but from what I have read, lately a majority of those have been refused. And it is again, another $10,000 and 22-25 months of waiting and hoping that we are not refused again. Do we have any options? Any insight at all would be appreciated.
  3. Architect1

    mr

    I have applied for a partner visa by myself without using an agent. In April 2018, I have received a Notice of Intention to Consider Refusal from VACCU. I have contacted 3 immigration agents for help. 2 out of 3 recommended to me to contact Richard Gregan at Overseas Immigration in Edinburgh. The third one did not even know what I am talking about but was willing to take my case for a certain amount of money (she told me that she would have had to drop all other cases to spend all her time on my case). I contacted Richard Gregan and after the first conversation I knew exactly what I can expect from him: what my chances were, how much it would cost me, what did he need me doing and what would he do. He was honest, straight forward and guided and informed me step by step all the way through the whole process in this very stressful period of time for me and my partner. He did put lots of effort in my case, many nights I have received e-mails from him at around 11-12 pm. I have never tried any immigration agents ever, so I do not know others, but I am sure that my visa would have been refused if I don`t get his help. My visa was finally approved in May. I would definitely recommend Richard Gregan and I am glad that I have used his services. And I can honestly tell that if my visa was refused, it would not have been his fault as I was feeling all the time that he was doing his best as he promised at the beginning. I would also like to add, that if my case had been easy, the other immigration agent (mentioned in the beginning) would have taken it, and would not have directed me to someone else...
×