Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'upe'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Working Holiday Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 1 result

  1. We have a 12 month 600 visitor visa and are heading to Australia in May. We applied for a 143 cpv in June 2015 so, providing we don’t develop any nasty illnesses before the medical, we should be granted pr during our “visit” We are shipping our furniture & stuff with Doree Bonner & while awaiting a reply from them I thought I’d post my query here. I’ve been looking at an info leaflet on sending unaccompanied personal effects. It seems to say you can’t send clothes if you’re not a permanent resident. This seems a bit strange when furniture and even furs are allowed. If we send clothes what happens if they’re not allowed? Are they confiscated or is there tax to pay? Here’s the link https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Factsheets/Documents/sendingpersonalbelongingstoaustraliafinal2015feb17.pdf