Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'trans siberian express'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Visitor Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 1 result

  1. Fisher1

    Insuring house for long absences

    Hi all Just a question about long term visits to Australia. Our UK house insurance doesnt permit absences of more than two months. Furthermore you are supposed to arrange for someone to pop in at least once a week and turn off gas and electric before you go (including central heating boiler). So far two months has been (just) long enough, but we are considering taking some longer trips out. We would like to try crossing to China on the trans Siberian express and on to Singapore to fly from there (have always fancied the TSE and it sounds interesting). What do other people do about house insurance while they are away? Can anyone recommend a firm that will cover for longer? We dont give a monkeys about our posessions - the most valuable thing in our house is our passports, but we would be a bit concerned if the house burned down or something and the insurance didnt cover it...