Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'trainee'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Working and Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Visitor Visas
    • Studying and Training Visas
    • Other Visas
    • Repealed and Closed Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Citizenship
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 19 results

  1. Hi, I am currently studying A Levels in the UK, England. My boyfriend and I are thinking of moving to Australia in the near future, he is fully Australian and his family live there also. After I have finished my A-levels, this is where my problem starts, I have no idea of any of the methods in which I can train. I am fully English myself so I can imagine this could be quite awkward. I have tried looking into this but I cannot find a lot of information, my plan in the UK was to finish my A-levels, move on to a higher apprenticeship and continue from there until trained and qualified. Is an apprenticeship in Law an option in Australia, NSW? Or do you have to go university? If a junior contract is available, are they easy to find? If not is there any advice on how university would work for me? And how long either of these processes will take? Will becoming a solicitor eventually be an option to me in Australia or is it the end of what I wish to do? Please leave ANY advice you have as I am completely stuck!! Thank you in advance, Whitney.
  2. pcollins

    402 Trainee & Research Visa

    Hey guys! Can anybody tell me about any sites or stories that provide info on the Trainee & Research (402) visa. I've been contacting employers to find a sponsor to go out to Oz as a trainee, but this visa seems to be very underused and most employers don't even know about it! I am aiming for a trainee IT role as a technical writer/instructional designer. It can be up to two years and looks at developing tertiary qualifications rather than experience, which is ideal for me as I would indeed be building on my university education! Any advice/suggestions/links etc would be greatly appreciated, as well as if anyone is aware of any employers, particularly Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne-based, that use this visa. Thanks! ​Paul.
  3. Hello, Im a gas engineer from the UK, i have been in Oz for a few months now and looked for work since I landed. Ive applied for over 100 positions and get very few responses. Before leaving the UK I applied for a number of jobs but didnt get any resonse, I thought it was because I was not in the country. Since arriving things havnt changed much. Does anyone know of any trainee positions available? Im willing to do anything and work anywhere (FIFO, mining, relocate...) to get my foot in the door and show my true potential. Any advice would be a great help Thanks in advance Liam
  4. Hi, I am 28 years old looking for work experience in Refrigeration and/or Air conditioning. I am here with my wife in Melbourne and I am studying Refrigeration and Air conditioning as a mature student. the course is only on a Wednesday to Friday so available any other time. I require 400 hours to pass to the course then 900 hours for TRA. I am happy to travel and to even travel to other cities during term breaks. If anybody is looking for a trainee please contact me thanks Jim Harrop 0416 003282 jim.harrop@hotmail.com
  5. Hi, I am a 32 year old Brit currently studying Cert III Engineering Air Con & Refrigeration at Holmesglen institute in Melbourne. I am at the stage of a 2nd Year apprentice and seeking long term paid work with a company in this industry. I have a history of experience in Technical Sales aswell and have a good commercial knowledge. I am keen, hard working and trustworthy and would welcome any advice or job opportunities that come my way. many Thanks FRANK ROBINSON 0410651751
  6. Hi Please respond with a full cv and cover letter if you are or strive to be an Information Security Consultant!:biggrin: We're looking in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Oxford (UK)! Regards Yvonne Sears Feel free to contact me on here
  7. Guest

    Trainee Lawyer

    Hi all, My partner and I are at the very early stages of researching our move to Australia however I am quite concerned about securing employment. At the moment I am a paralegal specialising in property law. I have all the qualifications to eventually qualify as a solicitor in the UK however I am not sure if these qualifications will be recognised in Australia. Also I have been told that law firms tend to employ those who are local to the area - even at paralegal level. Can anyone help me please? It is my dream to move to Australia however I am eager to continue with my legal career aswell!! Thank you in advance!! x
  8. Hi all, My fiance' and I are looking tp move to dandenong (victoria) in the next 6-8 months when the visas come through as i have been offered a sponspred job in the print industry. My girlfried however is yet to find a job and needs some help with converting her qualifications/advice. My girlfirend has a LLB (Hons) Law degree and has also completed the Post Gradudate Diploma in Legal Practice (LPC) as she wishes to become a solicitor. However she has been working in the legal expenses insurance industry for the last 2.5 years as she has been unable to secure a training contract to enable her to qualify as a solicitor. so my questions are: a) what course if any would she need to complete to convert her degree and LPC, How much does this costs and how long does it take? can it be completed in the UK? b) is there any point completing the conversion course? is the legal industry as competative as in the uk? is she likely to get a training contract/become a qualified solicitor in Oz? c) if she decides to not pursue the legal career and instead decides to change; what would be the best industry to go into? i.e. what professions are in demand so that a job is guarenteed (with reasonable pay) and training that can be completed within the next 6-8 months. thanks:biggrin:
  9. Hi, We already live on the Gold Coast on a PR visa but now the wife's sister would also like to join us. She is 36 and a recently qualified massage (and spa) therapist with a small amount of post qual experience. We have been looking at the Occupational Trainee Visa Sub Class 442 and have been advised that this would be a good route to take in order to get some time out here and Oz experience/quals with a view to make a move to a permanent visa at a later date. Has anyone on PIO had any success in using the 442 in paid training and subsequent PR status? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, including other visa ideas which don't require huge amounts of cash. We would also like to hear from anyone who can assist in getting a sponsor for the 442 in the Gold Coast/Brisbane regions. Thanks
  10. Hello, wondering if someone out there could please advise. I've scoured the DIAC website but can't find an unambiguous answer - with the above visa, Occupational Trainee Visa sub class 442, is there a requirement for the applicant to have previous training or experience in the UK in the chosen occupation, or can they be a complete rookie? (ie no previous work/training experience whatsoever). Appreciate the likelihood of anyone actually taking them on is pretty low, but I would appreciate any clarification. Also, can this be an on-shore application? Thank you in advance Mildygirl
  11. Guest

    trainee on employer sponsor

    Hi i was wondering if anyone knows if my employer can sponsor me under the employer sponsored visa to undertake my intern traineeship for a year before i get registered as a pharmacist? do i need to be registered to go under employer sponsor?
  12. Guest

    Occupational Trainee Visa (442)

    Hi I was wondering if anyone had any info on the Occupational Trainee Visa, I have recently been looking into this as my current student visa is about to end and the job I will be qualified in is now not on the SOL. Has anyone been to Oz on this visa, what does it entail?? Will it be like the student visa where I will have to pay extortionate fees?? Any help greatly appreciated. Sarah x
  13. Guest

    Trainee Programmer

    Dear All, I need your advise on below mentioned matter. Because, I am going to do my ACS skills assessment in RPL way as I have only local computer diploma + 8 years working experience. But 1st year of my total 8 years experience, I worked as a trainee programmer (full time)? Does ACS consider my first year as trainee programmer? Please advise me on this matter and I really appreciate your early attention. Thank you.
  14. I have an LLB from an English Uni and I've just completed my LPC. I want to qualify and practice as a solicitor in NSW. After searching the web and reading the rules on Legal Profession Admission Board - Legal Profession Admission Bd : Lawlink NSW I understand that I would need to study the "Usual Subjects" to meet the academic requirements and 2 subjects for my PLT. However, reading the eligibility requirements, I might not be eligable for any exemptions on the PLT as I have not actually practiced. Can anybody advise? Am I right in thinking that there is no way that I will be able to emigrate without a full exemption from the PLT? Finally, is there any point in coming to Oz on a WTV, getting work with a Law firm as a paralegal and completing the study while I'm working? Sorry the question is so long.
  15. Should there be anyone wanting a full time position replacing glass on Buses,Coaches,Trucks and plant machinery in the South Brisbane area (working from Underwood) please give me a email marklee_63@msn.com. Must have a full drivers licence experience prefered but not essential as traing will be given. This will be working for O'Brien glass Australia's largest glass repair replacement company.:smile:
  16. must have drivers license if interested email me or give me a call mark 0406688987 rileys refrigeration and air conditioning services
  17. must have drivers license experience prefered but not essential must be willing to learn chance of apprenticeship in refrigeration and air conditioning for the right person job would suit a young person or sombody wanting a change of career. if interested call mark on 0406688987 mark riley rileys refrigeration and air conditioning services
  18. Hi All, Calling all those trainee brickies about to start your course at Nambour Tafe next week(24th). Are you ready for the off. Got your timetable yet, and found there are no dates on it just week numbers! Well will see you all on thursday at the induction. Drop us a reply if you have got a minute. Sean ( in sippy downs)
  19. Guest

    Occupational Trainee Help

    Hi Guys, I'm a new girl on the block wanting some friendly advice please. At the moment my husband and I are living in France - but wanting to move to Perth. As my OH is 46 we can't go on his skills (plumber) so our only option as far as I can see is to go on my skills (not a lot) at the moment I am studying long distance in accounting (did this in England) can somebody tell me if this is the best visa to go through 422 workplace visa? By the way - weather better than in England but sooooo cold in France. Thanks in advance :notworthy: