Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'tax advisor'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Working and Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Visitor Visas
    • Studying and Training Visas
    • Other Visas
    • Repealed and Closed Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Citizenship
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 4 results

  1. I know this is forums name is based on UK immigration but I'm hoping there are Canadaians out there that are working through or have worked through the challlenges with Canadian RRSPs/RESPs and what to do when moving to Australia. Anyone can DM me some Tax accountants that have alot of experience with Canadian taxes and Australian taxes and how they match. I would really like to chat with you.. I'm about to move and I need to get this sorted out ASAP>... Thanks everyone !
  2. Hi, I imagine a lot of people still have their UK house and rent it out while in Oz, so I hope someone can give me a bit of advice. My house in the UK made a loss over the first year, so no profit to pay tax on in the UK or Oz, good so far. Last year I did make a profit, but not enough to offset the previous loss, so no UK tax liability again... However, can anyone advise... For my Aussie tax return, do I need to declare the profit I made this year - even though I have not made an overall profit from that 'business' or is it my tax liability from the UK that I need to declare? I think at current rates it will be a couple of years before the loss is exhausted so this is something I will need to deal with for a while... If anyone can give me some clear advice that would be great, else can anyone recommend a tax advisor in Melbourne (City or eastern burbs prefferably) who has helped them with this, that would be next best. I have a BN136 Permanent Resident visa and I'm resident for tax purposes. Thanks for reading my post. Neil
  3. Guest

    Confused over what visa??

    Hi All, i'm sorry if this is a basic question but after researching a lot I can't seem to find a definite answer. My husband is a tax consultant here in the UK, which is not recognised on any Oz immigration lists or state sponsored lists and is unlikely to be on the new SOL or state migration plans. He is applying for Oz jobs through worldwide accountancy and tax companies. If he is offered a job through one of these companies can anyone advise me which visa we would apply for?? As far as I can tell the employer sponsored visa requires the occupation to be on the CSL (soon to be SOL). We don't have enough points to apply or are ineligible for the 175 or 176. I don't want the hubby to go through all of this if we then can't get any visa. Please advise if you can. Thanks :confused:
  4. Hi, Can anyone recommend a good accountant for tradies? I'm a subcontractor builder so I'm looking for someone to do my tax returns and who knows all the ins and outs to help reduce my tax bill. I arrived in Melbourne in March 08 and last June just went to H&R Block but eventually I'd like to start up on my own and so need to have my own accountant. Even better would be a group or company that can advise me on all my Australian financial needs, from Super and mortgages to capital gains and savings account for my son. Much appreciated. Martin