Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'swedish'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Working Holiday Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 5 results

  1. Hello I am in the process of getting everything together to apply for a 189 visa as a teacher. However I have just been reading the immi website and it says: [h=4]Family members English language ability[/h] For each of your dependent applicants who are aged 18 years or older at the time of application must provide evidence of Functional English. If the applicant does not have evidence of having Functional English, you will need to provide a statement indicating your intention to pay the second instalment of the visa application charge. (http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/checklists/189.aspx) My wife is Swedish, holds a Swedish passport and speaks fluent English. However, she does not meet any of the requirements on the "functional english page" - http://www.immi.gov.au/faqs/Pages/how-can-i-prove-i-have-functional-english.aspx My question is this: Will she be required to complete an English test (e.g. IELTS) for us to apply and do we have to get this done before we submit the expression of interest? Thanks in advance
  2. Hi. We are a Swedish family with Serbian roots who will move to Gold Coast during 2014. We have a son that is almost 2 years old and we would like to meet Swedish families down under so that our son has a chance of learning Swedish.
  3. Hi. I'm looking for a job for my father who is refrigiration technicians in Sweden. Why I'm helping him is since he doesn't speak that much english and he and my mom will move to Oz (Brisbane area)with me and my wife. My father speaks fluent Swedish and Serbian but no other language. He is trying to learn english but it will take time. He is very skilled and experienced in his field. So my question is if he has a chanse to find a job in his area even thought he doen't speak english? Thankfull for all help.:hug:
  4. How's that for a headline :biggrin: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14842999
  5. Hi there, I really hope someone can help. I am looking at starting the above diploma in September this year and am wondering if this would be recognised over in Australia. We are currently awaiting our Skills Assesment (which takes forever). I do not want to pay out alot of money on this course if it is not recognised over there. Any information at all would be much appreciated. Thanks Nicky