Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'subclass457'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Visitor Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 2 results

  1. Hi all, Im a newbie on this & due to move out to brizzy in a fortnight, eeeks! Scary stuff. Anyway, one thing is niggling me .... Rent is just dead money & I'd really like to buy asap. But Im on a 457 working visa & its been suggested that I could only buy a new (developer's) home on that visa which sounds absurd. Im into my DIY & would much rather buy an old wreck. Any info appreciated! Great forum BTW, I could be here all week reading these threads & no doubt will be.
  2. Hello All!! I hope someone can answer this question. I can never find the answer everytime I go to the goverment website and it always leaves me more confused and deflated. I am 28 from Devon and into the 3rd month of my Working Holiday Visa. Currently I am living and working (temping) in the City with my boyfriend who has a work permit subclass 457 - he is not an Australian Citizen. At the time of his original application he did not include me as a partner as I just started seeing him then, however since then our relationship has grown and subsquently asked me to come join him in Australia. Instead of me applying for the work permit, the quickest and easiest way to get to Australia was to go for the Working Holiday Visa and to see how it goes i.e. me and him. Now my dilemma is how do I go about staying here for longer. I guess there is a few questions.... 1. Can he add me onto his permit now if I was not on the original application? 2. If so, can I do that without marriage? how long would this process take? 3. If marriage is on the cards (we have discuss this-don't worry), what is needed for the conversion to take place. 4. Should I start an new application, will my current visa status change if I apply for an independent skilled worker permit? and how long will the process take? I guess my other concern will be I don't want to leave it too long before my current visa runs out. Has anyone got any advice on my situation? Note: I am aware that I am allowed to extend my WHV to a second year but from my understanding I have to do work like fruit picking in the country for at least 3 months. So this does not really apply to me I'm afraid Thanks :cute: