Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'subclass 309'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Working and Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Visitor Visas
    • Studying and Training Visas
    • Other Visas
    • Repealed and Closed Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Citizenship
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 7 results

  1. Hi all, Fairly specific question but I think one that should apply to a lot of people. We're compiling documents for my Partner visa application (off-shore) and are finding that a lot of our evidence of joint cultural or social activities are tickets with only one of our names on. With no photos of us at some of the events, there's no real proof that the other one went! Is there any point in us including this sort of thing or will it be ignored? Thanks in advance!
  2. Hello Everyone, Great forum. Very useful. I have a question about timing of spouse visa 309 application. I am an Australian citizen and living in UK. Met my wife after I left Australia about 7 years ago and she has UK citizenship so now that we are planning to move back to Australia in couple of years we need to apply for a spouse visa for her. We have been married for four years now and have all the documentation ready to go but I have now been offered a transfer to Hong Kong for year or so to manage all our operations there. It's a great opportunity and would love to take it. My question is regarding when and where should I apply for her spouse visa. Given its takes nearly 9-12 months, do we apply now and then move to Hong Kong in 3 months time or apply in Hong Kong? We would love to apply here given all our evidence is from UK but once we leave UK we won't have any UK address. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
  3. Hi there, I am moving over to Oz next week and am wondering if anybody could help re travel insurance? Stupid question, but do I need to get travel insurance for when I am in oz- I have de facto sponsorship, subclass 309, but am wondering about how to cover my health whilst i am out there. I know I am eligible to be on Medicare, but if something (god forbid) happens, will I also be covered or should I take a trip to the post office and get myself some travel cover? im also not 100% sure what my cover is with dental? Any help would be really appreciated!!!! thanks in advance! zo
  4. Hi, Having read the immigration website five ways from Sunday before applying for my spousal visa I was aware of the two step process, apply for a temporary visa, and two years later finish the process with an application for the permanent visa. Our temporary visa was issued Nov 2012, and having just recently arrived in Victoria I have revisited the immigration website to determine my Medicare allowance. I have come across the following information regarding what I may do if the permanent visa is issued: 'travel to and from Australia for five years.....after that time you will need another visa to enter australia' Are you kidding me! How did I miss this! Is this new? Do I have to do the whole thing again or simply apply for an evisa when I want to go home? It stands to reason a person who was granted a visa to live in Australia comes from elsewhere and may actually want to visit home from time to time, why the requirement to apply for a new visa after five years! I'm fuming.
  5. Hi Guys, My wife applied for her spouse visa ( Subclass 309 and 100) few weeks ago through a migration agent. AFAIK Australian immigration department issues a TRN number whenever a visa application is lodged. When we asked agent to gave us the TRN number to check the status online, she only gave us the file number. Is it true that you only get file number when you apply for a visa outside Australia? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you.
  6. Hi, I was wondering if someone can advise on the following: My family applied to move to Australia and was granted a perminant residency visa, I was included in this as a dependant as I was just below 18 at the time. After a few years my parents moved out to Oz, while I'm still in the UK (my visa window runs out next March). At the time when my parents where applying, I had a girlfriend (of a few months) at the time, she is now my wife (we got married a month ago!). Is it possible for me to sponcer her through a Partner visa, subclass 309 (& subclass 100 2 years after entering Australia) even though I was a dependant on my Fathers visa? Any help is very much appreciated!!
  7. Hi There, We applied for a subclass 309 visa back in July 2009. At this time we have been married for 4 years and 7 months. Now it has been more than 5 years since we got married and the visa is still being proccessed. our question is: When the visa is hopefully granted, will it be a permemnant visa (Subclass 100) or a temp 2 years years vis (Subclass 309)? Thanks in advance.