Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'spouse advice'.
Found 3 results
Hi all, I have my 189 visa (with my husband together) submitted. We are offshore from low risk area. We have done the health check. I am wondering do we need to apply for police check now. If so, when should we apply for police check? We both have stayed in Australia for 4-7 years during our studies 5 years ago. Do we need to apply for police check before we are allocated a CO? Or we should wait till the CO request us to do so. Moreover, where do we need to apply for police check? both in Australia or only in our country? The 2nd question is we are newly married just before my submission of EOI. We have been together for 4 years but just started to live together after married. Do I have to upload any other evidence besides the marriage certificate to prove our relationship? Christy
Hi everyone, I would really appreciate advice here please! My Fiance and I are both on seperate 457 visas (We met here in Oz). We have been together 1 year and officially living together 6 months. My 457 expires April 2014, hers expires in 2016. We are not in the best position to fund the Perminant Residency application yet, so we are considering the positibility of adding me to her 457. Is it possible for her to add me to her current 457 visa as a defacto? If so, do I need a migration lawyer to do this or can we do it ourselves directly? If directly, please can you point me to the forms to complete / process information (I cannot find the official info after an hour searching - Im probably just being useless!) Thank you, and advice here or info on your relevant experiences is extremly welcome and appreciated!
My boyfriend and i have just been refused our defacto visa. Unsurprisingly we are devastated and more than a little bit frustrated. We met in Australia and have been in a relationship for over 2 years. We moved in together in march 2008 for two months before he had to return to the uk in may, we really don’t have any proof of this as we had no lease for this period. i followed him to the uk shortly after and we have been living together in the same apartment in the uk since august 2008, with leases, bank statements, bills etc to prove it. We lodged our application in june 2009 and were refused at end of july on the basis that we could not prove we had been living together for the immediate 12months prior to application, the c/o didn’t even assess any other part of our application! Our most unhelpful c/o sent a letter to us saying we can appeal at the tribunal and that we should not contact him further. The review tribunal costs $1400 and based on the recent spouse visa cases we have seen takes over a year to be processed! It seems to make a lot more sense for us to withdraw this application and put in another one after the end of august when we have unrefutable proof we have lived together for 12months, but is it even possible to do this? Can we reapply? Would we have to wait a certain amount of time before reapplying? We really don’t know what to do now or where to turn for reliable advice. Who would be able to answer these questions for us? Is there anyone who can answer these questions for free (possibly at DIAC?) or would we have to ask a migration agent? We really don’t know what to do, we’re both miserable in the uk and sick of our lives being on hold all because of this silly visa! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Much thanks in advance, john and flick