Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'spent'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Working Holiday Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 6 results

  1. Guest

    Spent Criminal Convictions

    My husband and I are considering moving to Oz for a couple of years through my husbands work. However, he has a spent criminal conviction from when he was a student. It was spent under UK law in 1999, and is hence no longer on his record. Does anyone know if he will have to declare this in his visa application? If so, does anyone have any experience or idea of how this kind of thing is viewed by the immigration authorities.
  2. I told my other half - that's my reflection in my bathroom mirror, though I can hardly see her, having neglected my cleaning duties again - that I would 'just check to see if I had any messages.' Last night I turned off my computer at 2am then got up again at 3am to 'just have one more look.' My hands are shaking, I'm sweating, and, worst of all, my friends have started calling me a P (IO) Head! What can I do? I am turning this computer off RIGHT NOW! If i can only just push that switch.
  3. Dont know if anyone can help with this, but any help would be much appreicated. My family and I lived in Oz from Aug 2009 to July 2010. As Im now back in the UK, and planning to work in a school from September I need a police check done for the time I spent in Oz. Ive been on the Australian Federal Police website and they state on there that the cost is $43 (which is fine) BUT they want the funds paid by either an australian cheque drawn on an australian account or by a money order by a bank that is affiliated with an australian bank. I spoken to my Bank which according to the Federal website is a UK bank that is affiliated with an australian bank and they didnt have a clue what I was taking about. Before I wait up untill midnight tonight to ring Oz, I wondered if anyone else had come across this before and how they had managed to sort it out. thanks Alison
  4. I need some advice and would really appreciate any helpful feedback> I am a permanent resident of Australia and am currently living and working in WA. I'm from the UK originally. My daughter is living with me and is settled in day care here. We are both happy. She was born in the UK and is 18 months old. We have been here for four months in total under this visa (skilled worker - independent). I also spent six months living in Sydney under a working holiday visa. I'm an employed teacher in a Catholic school here in WA. My permanent visa is due to expire in August this year. I have not spent two years in Australia. If I want to leave Australia after the expiry date, I am not legally allowed to re-enter and continue working and living here, as I haven't fulfilled the conditions of the visa. I need to leave Australia after 2011 because: 1. My husband (who I'm happily married to) is living and working in the UK and is unable to leave his current work due to a contract which runs until 2015. He wants to live in Australia with us, but we won't be able to do that until 2015. 2. My daughter's grandad has cancer and is dying. They need to see each other and spend some quality time together. I do not want to give up my permanent residency visa. There is no guarantee that I'll get another one if I have to apply from scratch again (especially as teaching is not on the job shortage list any longer and I'm now 35 years old). My husband and my visa run out this year, but my daughter's visa runs out 2015. If I spend two years in Australia, my marriage may not survive and my father-in-law won't be bale to see his precious grandaughter before he dies. My boss would be happy to write to the immigration department to support my case if this would help. Is there any way I can get an extension?
  5. Hi all, myself (australian citizen) and my partner (UK citizen) are going through our paperwork (evidence etc) and about to apply for a 300 prospective marriage visa. We met in aus, lived there and in the UK and Ireland together for 1 total of 19 months. In december of 2009 my partner left australia as we could not get the visa we wanted (de-facto - as we hadnt quite made the 2 years. ...and so we decided for me to stay in aus and attend university, and for her to go home to england also for university. In April we decided this was a bad idea and we definately did want to be together, so 2 weeks ago i flew here (UK) -- however am quite worried that this 5 months of us being techically seperated will hinder our chances of the visa being granted. ~ might it be smarter to simply get married now while im in the UK and then apply for the onshore partner visa? Ideally not but I'd hate to lose the AUD$1705 application charge due to this technicality. We genuinely do love and want to be with eachother and time is of the essence as im sure many of you can apprciate. any advice would be greatly appreciated as we are now quite apprehensive! Thanks in advance, Damo
  6. Hi all, What is the longest time spent after CO has been assigned as far as you know ...? Please let me know ... its been 2 months now since I've got my CO :no: