Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'solicitors'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Visitor Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 9 results

  1. Hi, I am currently studying A Levels in the UK, England. My boyfriend and I are thinking of moving to Australia in the near future, he is fully Australian and his family live there also. After I have finished my A-levels, this is where my problem starts, I have no idea of any of the methods in which I can train. I am fully English myself so I can imagine this could be quite awkward. I have tried looking into this but I cannot find a lot of information, my plan in the UK was to finish my A-levels, move on to a higher apprenticeship and continue from there until trained and qualified. Is an apprenticeship in Law an option in Australia, NSW? Or do you have to go university? If a junior contract is available, are they easy to find? If not is there any advice on how university would work for me? And how long either of these processes will take? Will becoming a solicitor eventually be an option to me in Australia or is it the end of what I wish to do? Please leave ANY advice you have as I am completely stuck!! Thank you in advance, Whitney.
  2. My OH has 2 non migrating children, we have had to get a solicitor to first write to his ex wife explaining the visa application requires medicals for the 2 children and for ex wife to then write to the solicitor explaining why she is objecting, then for the solicitor to do a stat dec to say she has written to said ex wife and ex wife has come back with said rejection letter. Thanks very much here is my bill £570, DICK TURPIN WORE A MASK! :mask: licence to print money.......Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  3. I have had an experience of Human Kindness today. I tried yesterday to get an appointment at a solicitors near where I live to get friends and family to sign our Statutory Declarations. After trying four Solicitors I finally managed to find one who was really busy but tried to get me an appointment. Later in the day the secretary called me to say that the solicitor will fit us in providing we get there early as he had to rush off to a meeting. He would squeeze us in after his last appointment. So this afternoon we all turned up and took over the reception area, We all said our Declarations and signed the paperwork. Now this is the bit that bought a lump to my throat. When I got my purse out to pay. He said "Have this on me and good luck with your visa" This is from a Solicitors Office that I have never been in before and from people that I have never met. It has restored my faith in human nature for now.
  4. Hi I have recently lodged my 176 visa online. I am just wondering if solicitors can certify documents? The reason i ask is that i currently have 2 different answers. The email i received from DIAC when i applied for my visa states that: If the copy is certified outside Australia: - a person who is the equivalent of a Justice of the Peace or Commissioner for Declarations in that place; or - a registered migration agent (whose registration is not suspended or subject to a caution). However on the Australia High Commission website it states: Certification of documents The table below lists professions that can certify documents in the UK and Ireland. Only documents certified by these professions will be accepted. Australian Terminology - UK Practicing lawyer(AU) - Solicitor(UK) Magistrate(AU) - Magistrate(UK) Public notary(AU) - Notary public(UK) Justice of the peace(AU) - Justice of the peace(UK) Position/agency recognised by the law of the country to certify documents(AU) - Officer of a Court appointed by a Judge to take affidavits(UK) I had most of my documents certified last year by a justice of the peace at the local court, for documents to be sent to the ANMC. The documents that currently need to be certified are my husbands full birth certificate, his passport bio page, my positive skills assessment and my IELTS test report. Hope someone can help.
  5. Hi there, After much deliberation we have narrowed our search of migration agents down to Sammy from Taylor Hampton Solicitors. Our de-facto visa is unique and he seems to have the knowledge and experience in these kinds of difficult cases. Has anyone had any good, bad or otherwise experiences with him?
  6. Hi, Can anyone recommend solicitors in London who can certify cheaply ? Called a notary and ridiculous charge....£70.00 or something. Still debating whether to certify everything or just passport copy/birth cert and personal statement? But cheap London ones - west or central would be good ! Sin
  7. Guest

    Stat dec and solicitors

    Can anyone help, I have to get my statutory decleration signed by a solicitor. Can you please tell me roughly how much they change. Im assuming its not just a simple charge like for certification of a passport etc:jiggy:
  8. This is my problem today........ I had some legal work carried out 10 years ago on the house deed's, and the solicitor I used keep the "Title Deeds" of my house for safekeeping, well 10 years on and they are no longer in business. I've had no letter from them in that time telling me that they were going out of business. So my question is...... can I get a copy of the title deeds from somewhere? and if not, how do I prove that the house is mine.... I've got all the letters relating to the work that was carried out. Thanks in advance KP Nuts (very worried)
  9. Has anyone else emigrated to Oz as a solicitor on a sponsored visa? I am just going to start the process and wondered if anyone else had gone through it - how long does it take and cost etc etc?