Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'same sex'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Visitor Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 5 results

  1. Hi guys. Can I register our relationship in Australia already while my non-Australian partner is still in the process of getting her UK civil partnership with her ex dissolved?
  2. madamecissy

    Same Sex partner visa?

    Hi, I have been in a relationship with my Australian girlfriend for almost 9 months (and have known each other for even longer) and we are exploring the future option for me to move to Australia to be with her. I am Dutch but live in Britain and have separated from my British wife and awaiting the divorce to become final. i went over to Australia to be with her for 3 weeks in March this year and she will arrive in England for 9 weeks on Tuesday (yay!). We won't be able to meet the criteria of living together for 12 months etc as our relationship is largely long distance. Daily phone calls lasting hours, Skype calls, letters... we are logging everything to support our relationship evidence should we need it in the future. Would regestering our relationship in the state of Victoria - where my girlfriend lives- make it easier? What if we got married abroad? Does that change anything? Australia doesn't recognise same sex marriage, I know, but does it change the status of our relationship in their eyes somehow? What else can we do to increase our chances of a successful application? i guess I'm trying to work out if any other couples have managed to successfully navigate this road and any tips and advice are welcome! Christel & Kait
  3. Dear all After a few sleepless nights and lots of worry I have decided to write a thread and wondered if anyone had any advice. To give you a bit of background, I am here on a student Visa and am on my second year, last year i did an Advanced DIploma in Events Management and this year i have just started a Diploma in Small Business Management. I am in Australia with my partner who is on a Business Owner's Visa (163) which is a temporary visa and she will be applying for PR in a few years. My dilema is that although they have changed the rules for Same sex relationships on new applications for the 163, it does not apply for existing Visa holders, therefore come December when my student visa will be nearly up I am really uncertain as to what I can do? I really do not want to go back to the UK and wait till she gets PR to be added on as that could take years. Does anyone have any advice on what I can do? Before we left the UK, the visa process took a few years as most of you will know, and my visa agent back in the UK throughout the process suggested we just wait and see whether the laws changed and they never did, that is why my only option was to study as I had been out here on a WHV in 2001 so could not have another one. I hope someone can offer me some advice, I am feeling really low and worried at the moment and have no idea what to do :cry: Thanks for reading this thread Nat xx
  4. Guest

    457 de facto same sex

    Hi All I'm new to the forum and this is my first post, having had a look around existing posts to see if i could find an answer to my question and i haven't been able to, i'd appreciate any advice that people have to offer or experience of those that have had this issue. My partner and I are in a same sex relationship, we have known each other since March of 2010, have been in a relationship since August of 2010 and have lived together since October of 2010. We have decided to emigrate to Australia and i wanted to seek some clarity around our visa situation. I can get sponsorship from the DHS for a 457 Working visa and i know that this includes family members, however, our relationship does not seem to meet the criteria of what is defined as 'same sex defacto' for the purposes of the visa. ***** What is the relationship requirement? Applicants seeking to demonstrate a de facto relationship with their partner must provide evidence that for the period covering at least the twelve months before the visa application is lodged: they had a mutual commitment to a shared life to the exclusion of all others the relationship between them is genuine and continuing they live together, or do not live separately and apart, on a permanent basis. ***** I would appreciate any advice that can be offered, thanks for your time! J
  5. my partner and I have been together for 4 years now. we are applying for partner migration as she is Australian. we have both been living in Europe and will be applying through Berlin however as proof we mostly have all flights, hotel invoices, and travel together. she owns our home and i have been paying utilities etc however in our country utilities cannot be in both women's names. we have a joint bank account which we opened less than a year ago. do you think this is going to be sufficient? this is definatly a denuine relationship and our money has always been shared. she is also now studying in another country and i am paying for her course and books etc...does this time apart mean that in the embassy eyes we are not together. i visit her every 3-4 weeks and of course chat daily? please help as no migrant agents here. :cute: