Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'rta'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Visitor Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 3 results

  1. daylpool10

    Car crash in Perth. What to do?

    A friend was involved in a crash at the weekend-not at fault. They are on a working holiday visa. there visas end in april, october and november ( if that is relevant ). They have been injured. but unsure what to do.Can they claim being british and on a WHV?As one is going home in april but is injured, what should he do?Thanks GuysDavid
  2. I can't believe it! I'd heard a rumour that NSW RTA had purchased a fleet of mobile speed camera units, well, they're now recruiting 4 Camera Specialists. Problem is, I've put my Prospective Marriage Visa application in and am waiting...... The closing date is 27th August and I'm in Sydney from 9th till 20th September 2010!!!!!!!! Would be a great time for an interview..... Should I apply and hope they'll consider me or should I contact their recruitment unit first so I don't waste my time completing the application process for them to say I'm not able to apply due to not having a current valid visa????? The role has come out of nowhere, I am qualified to do the job, it would be great timing!!!:policeman:
  3. Hello all, It seems like ages since I have started a thread, but last night I had a mild panic and thought I better find some answers! We have been in Sydney since january and have all settled now. My daughter is 15 and has been so excited that all her friends are getting their L's meaning she will be able to start driving in February next year when she turns 16. However when we arrived I went into the RTA to see if I could change my driving license to a NSW license and they said as I was on a temporary Business Visa I would have to wait for permanent residency before I could have one, (which didn't really bother me as otherwise I would of clocked up some points by now with all the cameras here!). I then realised does this mean my daughter will not be able to take lessons here? How can I tell my daughter that she cant learn to drive till we get permanent residency? That could take up to 4 years! Does anyone know if this is right? Any advice would be greatly received!!!! Thanks Zoe x