Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'restricted'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Working and Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Visitor Visas
    • Studying and Training Visas
    • Other Visas
    • Repealed and Closed Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Citizenship
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 7 results

  1. Hi Everyone, Calling all electricians and Instrument fitters! Im planning on moving to Queensland next summer and this license thing sounds like a nightmare! Im an Instrument & Electrical Technician by trade but have been working the last two years as a commissioning and maintenance electrician in Germany. Got my ARTC already and been classed as an Electrical Fitter (Instruments), which from what I've read only qualifys me for a restricted license. So I wouldnt be able to do any of the elctrical work I do know, which restricts my employment opportunities! Ive heard a few times that applying for a license in SA is the easiest and quickest way. However with this ARTC, I can probably only get the restricted license no matter where I apply?? Does anyone know if I can still get a full license and if so what do I have to do? How can I do this quickly? and what can be prepared from Germany/UK? If I can only get a restricted license, should I still go through SA and what is the exact process, the SA websites etc seem to provide little info on the exact procedure. HELP! Do I just need the ARTC or do I need resus course and wiring regs etc? The Queensland route seems to be out of the question with training permits and logbooks and all sorts of bureaucracy. Can't afford to be messing around for months, want to get working, and need to get the best license I can! I was told the only way to get a electrical mechanic license would be to do an apprenticeship in Australia, which would be obsurd! Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks guys Danny
  2. Hi all, will hopefully be making the move early 2014, got a migration agent helping us. Coming over as an electrician The thing that concerns me the most is trying to get a job as a restricted sparkie. I know it will be hard but what would be the chances of maybe getting a 3rd pr 4th year apprenticeship roll? Would this possibly be a route to go down? I will be coming over with the misses n more than likely a little one. Any help would be appreciated.
  3. How do the majority of restricted sparks get employment in oz? Do they just apply fo apprentice positions and hope for the besr? Lookin to move in bout a year n just about to start the whole process. Do recruitment agencies help with the search?
  4. hi everyone, wondering if you help me at all. I am a children's nurse with 12 months experience in a community nursing team.. Applying for our 175 visa but going out to Brisbane on a Working Holiday Visa in June It looks like there are lots more jobs in the hospital rather than the community like i am currently doing. Problem is i do not have any post-graduate experience in the hospital. would i be able to go back to working in the hospital in Australia? I am hoping to do a bit of nursing on the WHV so maybe this is something i should try and do then? Any advice or info would be great! Thank you in advance, Dani xx
  5. Hi there, we are due to move to Perth in Feb 2012, i am an air conditioning engineer and i need a restricted electrical licence to work in WA. Anyone know if i can do the course in the uk or any info on it would be great. thanks in advance Kev
  6. Hey i dont know if im on the right thread i am an electrician who emigrated 27/06/11 i have my restricted license and my white card. I was wondering if any one could help me in the search for a job please. I am on a 175 visa permanant resident i am very eager to start work.
  7. Guest

    WA Restricted Electrical Test

    Has anyone taken the WA restricted electrical test? Please give me a heads up of what to expect for the refrigeration and air conditioning restricted test? Many Thanks Robert