Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'relative or bridgeing'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Visitor Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 2 results

  1. I am writing this post to inquire about the application and eligibility of Remaining Relative Visa (Offshore) (Subclass 115) or an onshore 835. I wanna be in Oz ASAP. Although I have read through the correspondent pages on http://www.immi.gov.au, I still have some questions and doubts about my case of possible application. I hope u kind people don’t mind helping tipping me a little bit. Please help me. My mother has been married with my step father (an Australian citizen) more than 2 years ago, and she has got her visa subclass 309 in January 2011; she is now happily living in WA Perth with my step-father. They both want me to immigrate to live with them as soon as possible because I am a licensed working doctor in Shanghai and they are happy to have me live with them, about which I am also very glad . The 1st problem is my mother now holding visa 309 is TR till a possible grant of PR in 2012. Although my step father as an Australian citizen is willing to be my sponsor, will it delay my application ? Or another put, am I eligible for this visa now? I am keeping single and don’t have any other relatives except those living in Australia. The 2nd problem is that I am now a physician working in P.R.C government, namely in the police system of justice bureau. Would it be a problem to my application? And could u please tell me how long would it normally take to get this visa? If it takes 10.5 years as it says in webpages, should I first enter Australia by a Sponsored Family Visitor visa (Subclass 679) and then apply for a Remaining Relative Visa (Onshore) (Subclass 835)) & Bridging Visa as i prefer to be in Oz ASAP. Thank u very much for your time and patience. regards Jason
  2. Hi, I am currently studying in Perth on a student visa and will soon be eligible to lodge a last remaing relative visa as my brother will soon have PR. My question is, will I get a bridging visa to allow me to stay in oz because my student visa will soon be coming to an end? Also, will I still be able to work on the bridging visa and if so how many hors per week, as I am currently working 20hrs per week on the student visa. Thanks.