Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'question or dilemma'.
Found 3 results
Hi all, I have never posted before but I am looking for a little help. I have been putting together an application for Immigration for over a year now. I am a fully qualified Secondary Teacher and I have successfully had my skills approved by AITSL. For my IELTS (I had to sit it 3 times) I got L.8, W.8.5, S.8.5 and R.7 - this results in my English being proficient. I am currently sitting at 55 points but after 5 more months I will have 3 years experience as a teacher and will attain 5 more points, increasing my overall points score to 60 - whoo hoo - My questions are: Is my IELTS score high enough for skilled migration? Will 60 be enough for a secondary school teacher 189 visa or do I need to try and attain more points? Does it matter what my secondary teacher subject specialist is, i.e. is there a higher priority for English teachers over PE for example? Are there any other teachers out there that have achieved successful migration as it seems impossible? I am struggling a bit with the red tape and feel like my dream is very hard to reach at the moment. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance
I have a question about the procedure of booking On Arrival Public Accommodationl via the State of South Australia Government. My house sale will start going through the motions via our Solicitors on Monday (tomorrow), but we have no idea when it's going to be finalised. We are aiming for about the 23rd November, therefore we would like to make our move to Adelaide, about 7th December. The problem is we have to give at least six weeks notice to hopefully gain our on arrival accommodation, so the date of us to apply at the very latest is 26th October. However on the 26th October we will not be sure if our house sale will be finalised before the 23rd November: Question: 1. If we have given the On Arrival Public Accommodation a date for us to take up our accommodation and then our house sale gets delayed and we cannot make that date. What will happen? Can we change the date, for a later date? If so, what notice period do we have to give? Plus will this hinder our opportunity to gain the On Arrival Public Accommodation again. 2. We cannot afford to pay for our flights until we sell our home, therefore we cannot confirm a date for arrival until we book the flights. But we do not want to apply for the On Arrival Public Accommodation after our flights are booked because we then have to wait 6 weeks before we can set off, taking us till end of January 2010, both my wife and I want to take up our job offers in Adelaide as early as 4th January 2010. 3. Can we apply for the On Arrival Public Accommodation for a given date but mention that this may change due to unforeseen delays with our house sale and not being able to book the flights until we sell our home and the original flights we wanted/planed to book may have been sold and we will need to arrange another flight as close to the original date we gave On Arrival Public Accommodation . I hope I have explained this right!!!!
Just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation.... Background Info - In January we applied for a 175 (CSL) Accountant, and front loaded our medicals before I got pregnant. - On Thursday last week we were allocated a case officer (very excited, only 5 months wait) - Baby is due in October and we plan to have it in England and move to Melbourne in January if Visa is granted etc. etc. (We know that if our visa is granted before the baby is born then we'll need to apply for a visa for the baby, but I'm worried that if a case officer wants to put the application on hold until after the baby is born then we could end up back at the bottom of the pile if they change the CSL list like they did for tradespeople in March) Questions - Does anyone know if we have to inform our case officer that we've got a baby due in October? or - Can we just go ahead as if nothing has changed, accept that our visa will probably be granted before the baby is born and then just apply for the baby visa once he/she's born? Any help would be very much appreciated Thanks