Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'no further stay'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Working Holiday Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 4 results

  1. taaustralia

    Help applying for Onshore Partner Visa

    Hello, I am an Australian citizen. My partner is a UK citizen and wishes to apply for a partner visa to reside permanently in Australia. We have decided that the Onshore Temporary and Permanent Visa (Subclasses 820 and 801) is the most appropriate visa for our purposes. In reading our questions please keep in mind that 1) we believe that we satisfy the de facto relationship requirements and 2) my partner has successfully applied for an eVisitor visa which does not contain a 'No Further Stay' condition. 1. Will my partner have difficulty entering Australia on her visitor visa if she does not have a return flight to the UK? 2. Can my partner apply for an onshore partner visa during the period of her visitor visa? 3. If yes, will a bridging visa (with working rights) be granted on the submission of the application or at the expiration of the visitor visa? 4. Is there a recommended 'cooling off' period to create the impression that my partner has not entered Australia for the purposes of applying for permanent residency? E.g. Wait one month before submitting the application. Thank you very much in advance for any advice!
  2. Hi everyone!!! This is my first ever time on a forum so you will have to bear with me!! And I promise to repay the favour and help anyone out with anything whatsoever in future regarding partner visas as it is just so stressful. Can anyone shed any light/offer any advice at all on my situation? My Boyfriend (Aussie) and I got together 3.5 years ago in London. At the time he decided to make the move back, we had not lived together to fulfill the 12 month requirement, and seeing as I had had a working holiday visa in 2006 (but never actually worked in the end grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) my only option was to come over on a tourist visa. So I was issued a 12 month tourist visa, unfortunately with a 'no further stay' condition. Seeing as I made a trip out of the country last year, this is now due to expire on 14th November 2011. We have lived together now for the past 22 months...but now I just don't know what to do......I can try and get an ETA in NZ and come back on that, or lodge my partner visa in the UK (everything is ready to go except meds). I saw a lawyer today as I'm just going so crazy about it and he said that unless I wait at least 6 weeks, my ETA will be refused due to the time I've recently spent here. He also said that globally the processing time is 12 months, and that applies in the UK, and if I go home and lodge it there I cannnot get any visa to come back and be with my partner in Oz???!! Is this all true?! I just can't face a prospective year apart with just trips over from my boyfriend...although have spoken to immigration and they said that the processing time in UK is 5-6 months and I can get a visa to be with my partner if I lodge there?! Talk about contradictory!!????? I know you must all be stressed and muddle headed too...but if anyone can offer any advice whatsoever, I would be so grateful. Thanks so much xxxxx
  3. Hello. I'm just wondering if anyone knows if this is possible... I am here on a working holiday visa (I am british). My partner is Australian and we are planning to apply for the defacto visa. We have only just started sharing a house where both our names are on the bills and lease etc even though we have been living together for 6 months already and been in a relationship for one year. My visa will expire in June which leaves 3 months until the full year of the proper evidence we will need to be successful in our application. Anyway, I am planning on finishing my education and was wondering if it would be a good idea to leave Australia when my visa is up and then apply for a student visa straight afterwards meaning that not only can I finish my studies but also have more than enough time to get things ready for the defacto visa. On the immi site, on the page for studend visa obligations, it says ... "'No further stay' condition Some visas are issued with a 'no further stay' condition. This condition means that you cannot apply to stay in Australia beyond the date specified on your visa, except in extremely limited circumstances." Does that mean that my plan is useless or does it depend entirely on the student visa I would need as it does say "some visa's" not "this visa" Anyway it would be a great healp if you could help me. Thank you so mcuh Helene
  4. Hi, Just checking out the option available for me and my de facto partner. We're both foreign citizen from 2 different country. I might get a employer sponsor for a subclass 457 visa and I'm looking forward to get my partner as a secondary applicant. My partner is currently on a student visa (ELICOS) but the visa has a no further stay (NFS) condition on it. It will expire in june 2010. For myself, I have a Working Holiday. I read that we could ask for a waiver on my partner visa in order to be able to apply within Australia for the secondary applicant subclass 457 visa. From what I understanded, there isn't any garanty that this will work and there is good chance it will not. What would be the other option available for my partner considering it's not possible to ask for a ETA visa (unfortunaly the country isn't on the list)?? 1- It is possible for my partner to apply as a secondary applicant once the subclass visa 457 has been granted to me from outside Australia while I'm in Australia? If that's possible, what is the expected delay? 2- Is it possible to get a tourist visa from outside Australia and then get back in Australia hopefully without a NFS condition on it to later apply as a secondary applicant? Thanks for any info,