Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'marriage certificate'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Working and Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Visitor Visas
    • Studying and Training Visas
    • Other Visas
    • Repealed and Closed Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Citizenship
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 3 results

  1. DeniDeni

    ANMAC documentation

    Hi, i am in the process of collating my documentation for ANMAC. The checklist specifies a certified copy of everything except marriage certificate. Has anyone sent a certified copy? I'd really rather not send the original to Canberra!
  2. chtleung

    Question after 189 lodged

    Hi all, I have my 189 visa (with my husband together) submitted. We are offshore from low risk area. We have done the health check. I am wondering do we need to apply for police check now. If so, when should we apply for police check? We both have stayed in Australia for 4-7 years during our studies 5 years ago. Do we need to apply for police check before we are allocated a CO? Or we should wait till the CO request us to do so. Moreover, where do we need to apply for police check? both in Australia or only in our country? The 2nd question is we are newly married just before my submission of EOI. We have been together for 4 years but just started to live together after married. Do I have to upload any other evidence besides the marriage certificate to prove our relationship? Christy
  3. Guest

    UK spouse visa QUESTIONS

    Hi everyone, Isn't it great to know you're not alone in this long and difficult process!! I am an Aussie currently going through the laborious process of putting together my application to join my British husband in the UK. Just some background on me. We were married in the UK in 2006 at which time I was granted the ILR visa on the basis of our marriage. Applied in the UK - granted very quickly.Easy. I came back to live in Aus (family stuff) in April 2008 - he stayed because his job was earning us lots of money. My ILR visa expired Sept 2008. We have been living apart ever since, just die to complicated circumstances, apart from the last 6 months which we spent together travelling in Latin America. In addition to this, during our time apart, I visited him in London twice and me in Australia twice. So while our case is not straight forward, I feel we can prove beyond any doubt that our relationship has continued during this time. Now I am ready to move back to the UK and I have decided not to use an agent. I have trawled through the forums but cant seem to find the answer to this question. I am hoping someone here can help me out. According to the UK in Australia website, "A registered marriage certificate is one issued by Births, Deaths & Marriages. The certificate received on the day of the ceremony is not the registered certificate." WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? do I need to apply for a 'registered" certificate from the GRO office? I currently only have the UK marriage certificate that I received at our ceremony in London - AND which I used to get my last UK marriage visa. What's the deal? Is this not good enough now? I also have another quick qu... My husband is going to get his PASSPORT COPY notarised (since everyone here insists that it is a MUST as opposed to just being certified), but he has been asked: Do you need a FCO apostille attached to your document? Do you need consular legalisation? (If the answer is yes to either of those questions, then notarising is even more pricey...) Why does Australia have different requirements to what is listed on the UKvisas website?? For example, I am sure the UK site says you can send in certified copied of certificates whereas UK in Australia states they must be originals. Which do you go by? Thank you so much everyone!! LBS